Draft Lottery thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by primetime, May 20, 2007.

1. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

Rashard is also one of the poorer defenders in the league. Durant is not known for a great defensive skillset, but like I said has much more versatility(and versatility is the most important part of the game I believe) Look at players like LJ,MJ,and KB and how they changed their entire teams makeups. I believe Durant will do just that for the Sonics.

2. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

Durant played in a 2-3 zone for most of the year, it's a little hard to tell how good of a defender he is when he played in a 2-3 zone for much of the year. His defense as many times based on rotations, and reading what the offense was about to do, not so much man to man defense. As far as a man to man defensive player, the jury is still out on Durant about that. For versatility, his game is going to be set up around his three point shot, much the same as Rashard Lewis's game is set up. He isn't going to step right in and change this team in the same way that Jordan and Lebron James stepped in and changed their team, because unlike the Bulls and Cavaliers when they came, the Sonics had the same type of player as Durant the year before.

3. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milgod @ May 27 2007, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ainge loves Marion, I'm sure something can be worked out.

The Suns could use the number 5 and a couple of your role players.</div>
    Nah, I wouldn't do that. I'd rather keep the #5 pick and Gerald Green than go out and get Shawn Marion. Now, I know Marion is surely an outstanding all-around player, but he's not what this team needs and we would have to overpay. We need a veteran that's going to make a big difference and help us contend within the next couple of years. Someone like a Kevin Garnett (obviously a LONG shot), Jermaine O'Neal (the guy I'm pulling for), a Pau Gasol, etc. Someone like that, not a combo forward like Marion.

4. Milgod

Milgod BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 27 2007, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nah, I wouldn't do that. I'd rather keep the #5 pick and Gerald Green than go out and get Shawn Marion. Now, I know Marion is surely an outstanding all-around player, but he's not what this team needs and we would have to overpay. We need a veteran that's going to make a big difference and help us contend within the next couple of years. Someone like a Kevin Garnett (obviously a LONG shot), Jermaine O'Neal (the guy I'm pulling for), a Pau Gasol, etc. Someone like that, not a combo forward like Marion.</div>Fair enough, but I would stay away from O'Neal. I'm not a fan of that guy and he is somebody that you would certainly overpay for.KG is somebody that Suns fans would love to see come to Phoenix as well. A lot fo Suns fans like Gasol as well, but I'm not too sure yet. The deal would have to be right.

5. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Phoenix doesn't really have a good enough package to send to Minnesota. Phoenix already has enough luxury tax problemx anyway. KG makes more money than anybody on their team and has that contract for at least the next two years. The Suns don't have any youth that the Timberwolves would be interested in. And honestly everybody would love KG on their team I'm sure.

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milgod @ May 27 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fair enough, but I would stay away from O'Neal. I'm not a fan of that guy and he is somebody that you would certainly overpay for.</div>
    I don't think we'd really have to overpay for O'Neal a great deal. He fits this team beautifully, he's exactly what we need, and I would pull the trigger. I don't think we'd have to grossly overpay. I think we'd have to overpay for Marion, and we'd obviously have to give up a lot for Kevin Garnett.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>KG is somebody that Suns fans would love to see come to Phoenix as well. A lot fo Suns fans like Gasol as well, but I'm not too sure yet. The deal would have to be right.</div>
    If Phoenix makes a big deal, it will be to relieve salary, not add on another big one like Garnett/Gasol's.