Drew Gooden Trade?

Discussion in 'Orlando Magic' started by DirtySouth, Jul 12, 2004.

1. crazytown

crazytown JBB JustBBall Member

Well, Shaq just officially got traded so hopefully this is the beginning of the trading frenzy.

I want to see J-Rich and Dampier in a Magic uniform by the end of this week! :jumping:

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Clif Robinson is also one of the best defenders in the league, or so says KG.

3. Wink23

Wink23 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Clif Robinson is also one of the best defenders in the league, or so says KG.</div>

[​IMG]
    As Starsky would say...DO IT

4. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

Cliff Robinson isn't in the deal. It's Jrich and Dampier for Cato, Gooden, Mobley

5. MainMan

MainMan JBB JustBBall Member

Tmac ownz the news journal has horrible writers dont believe what they say, i get that newspaper everyday

6. GatorsowntheNCAA

Well we got 2 more days to wait and see if this guy knows what he's talking about. Hopefully a deal will get done, but we will just have to wait and see.

7. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MainMan:</div><div class="quote_post">Tmac ownz the news journal has horrible writers dont believe what they say, i get that newspaper everyday</div>

That's true. Just stick with the Sentinel and Florida Today. They have more credible columnists. [​IMG] :thumbsup:

8. pidandsid

pidandsid JBB JustBBall Member

I'm sure this deal would benefit the magic, but I wish we didn't have to give up Drew. Not many players can step it up in the play-offs like Drew did. He was obviously effected by being benched last year. I'm sure there's another way of getting Dampier without having to trade Drew. But I guess the PF spot isn't a weakness now we have Dwight. The way the magic are shaping up the roster, it looks like G Hill will be the back up PG. Maybe the'll play Stevie at SG too.

9. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

On www.realgm.com this trade works

Orlando trades:

SG Cuttino Mobley
    PF Drew Gooden

Orlando receives:

SG Jason Richardson
    PF Clifford Robinson

I don't really mind this trade, that is if Francis, West do not mind it either.
    There would be probably some picks involved and the contracts match.

Also we could add Dampier to the deal(like if he has a 2-3 year contract) and Cato.

Orlando trades:

SG Cuttino Mobley
    PF Drew Gooden
    C Celvin Cato

Orlando receives:

SG Jason Richardson
    PF Clifford Robinson
    C Eric Dampier

I am really starting to like this move.
    Like other people said, Clif can help Dwight learn, Richardson would come very well toghether with Magic's game plan, and Dampier still has a few almost-all-star-center years left... But I dunno about the whole Francis and Mobley spliting deal...hmmm...

10. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Why would the Warriors do this? Apsolutely not. Substitute Dunleavy for Jrich and it is a good trade. Or Speedy.

11. Wink23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorfansnc93:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would the Warriors do this? Apsolutely not. Substitute Dunleavy for Jrich and it is a good trade. Or Speedy.</div>

well the warriors arent going anywhere fast, even with dfisher. they mine as well clean house and get some young talent or cap space.

12. RiverspoonJones

RiverspoonJones JBB Sonic Death Monkey

Wow... those are some one-sided deals. If you think Golden State is going to give up Jason Richardson and Erick Dampier (the two best players in the deal) for Cuttino Mobley and Drew Gooden, the only advice I can give you is: don't get you hopes up.

13. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

Gooden/Mobley for J-Rich/Robinson would be a good trade for both teams. Gooden gives the Warriors some much needed inside help while Mobley is an instant scorer for G.S. and is also a nice defender. J-Rich along with Francis, Howard and Nelson is a nice nucleus, and Robinson gives them stability and consistency at three spots (C,PF,SF) while also owning a deft shooting touch to help spread defenses. Trade makes a lot of sense on both parts.

14. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would the Warriors do this? Apsolutely not. Substitute Dunleavy for Jrich and it is a good trade. Or Speedy.</div>

I'll take Dunleavy. The guy is gonna be a stud a few years. There's a reason the Warriors traded Jamison.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Wow... those are some one-sided deals. If you think Golden State is going to give up Jason Richardson and Erick Dampier (the two best players in the deal) for Cuttino Mobley and Drew Gooden, the only advice I can give you is: don't get you hopes up.</div>

Well if the recent rumors are true, right now the Knicks are the frontrunners as they've offered N.Mohammad & O.Harrington for Dampier. You're gonna tell me that's better than ours? LOL

We have by far, the best deal out there. Only thing is we don't even know if it's true. At least for me as I've yet to hear anything about this deal on the Sentinel.

15. _BN_

_BN_ JBB JustBBall Member

How about this trade?

Orlando trades:
    PF Drew Gooden
    SF Hidayet Turkoglu
    SG Cuttino Mobley

Milwaukee trades:
    SF Desmond Mason
    PF Joe Smith
    SF Marcus Haislip
    ???Picks???

TRADE ACCEPTED

Our Lineup:

PG: Francis/Nelson
    SG: Desmond Mason/Bogans
    SF: Grant Hill/Turkoglu/Garrity
    PF: Dwight Howard/Joe Smith
    C: Cato/DeClerq/Kasun

Bucks would be crazy shooters, and can give Gooden the chance to develop.

I sort of like the trade. We get a guy who can teach Dwight a thing or two(Joe), and can back him up for a couple of years.
    Haislip is a also a developing forward and could become really good in a couple of years...

16. Wink23

joe would be a nice veteran to have and mason would fit into our system, but i dont think the bucks are looking to split up their team.

17. GatorsowntheNCAA

We would give up a whole lot in that deal. It's definetely not worth it, IMO. I like the idea of a Mason/Gooden type deal though. Milwaukee needs a PF who is young, athletic, and would run with TJ and Redd. We would get a future sg star and will be very fun to watch with franchise, jameer, dwight, and desmond.

18. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

If the Warriors really wanted Gooden they wouldve drafted him when they had the chance. I think everyone is still under the impression the Warrior's still have a gullible idiotic GM that will do ridiculous trades such as this.

We are basically down grading in every position by doing this trade. I dont care about the age difference between C-Rob and Gooden..Cliffy still brings more to the team, especially in leadership and is one of the best big man defenders in the league. There really is no room for Gooden in GS's future..that is if we plan on resigning Murphy. We got Biedrins now to handle the post in year to come and Murphy could easily be a 18pt/12reb a night player..
    Richardson has already expressed hes happy here in the bay area and has shown improvement every season..Theres no reason to give up a good thing we have going unless it brings back a legit star in return.
    I also find it interesting how Orlando fans are so high on J-Rich..I dont ever see Warrior fans say hes gonna be a future SUPERstar..I guess maybe we are a little too hard/pessimistic on some of our players with this long ass playoff drought

19. crazytown

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UltimateWarrior:</div><div class="quote_post">If the Warriors really wanted Gooden they wouldve drafted him when they had the chance. I think everyone is still under the impression the Warrior's still have a gullible idiotic GM that will do ridiculous trades such as this.

We are basically down grading in every position by doing this trade. I dont care about the age difference between C-Rob and Gooden..Cliffy still brings more to the team, especially in leadership and is one of the best big man defenders in the league. There really is no room for Gooden in GS's future..that is if we plan on resigning Murphy. We got Biedrins now to handle the post in year to come and Murphy could easily be a 18pt/12reb a night player..
    Richardson has already expressed hes happy here in the bay area and has shown improvement every season..Theres no reason to give up a good thing we have going unless it brings back a legit star in return.
    I also find it interesting how Orlando fans are so high on J-Rich..I dont ever see Warrior fans say hes gonna be a future SUPERstar..I guess maybe we are a little too hard/pessimistic on some of our players with this long ass playoff drought</div>

Yea, I'm sure you guys will be happy with Othella Harrington and Nazr Mohammad. [​IMG]

20. UltimateWarrior

UltimateWarrior JBB JustBBall Member

I will be happy..I dont think its a bad trade at all..Harrington comes off the books after next year and Mohammed will be a solid backup..Id like to get a draft pick thrown in but not sure if itll happen..
    Basically we are getting something for Damp instead of letting him walk for nothing and filling a hole with getting Nazr for the backup center position. We also get to keep Richardson and dont have to downgrade to Mobley.
    I wouldve liked to get a backup SF aswell but we can get that somewhere else. It would be nice to get a star in return but realistically its not gonna happen and wwith the current roster there not alot of room without taking away minutes from our young and developing players.

Back to the subject of the Richardson/Robinson trade..Any one who thinks this is a far trade obviously didnt see to many Warrior games last season. These 2 players were easily our MVP's along with Damp. Robinson was the only player on the team to play all 82 games I think, was an execllent leader and presence on the floor and in the locker room and changed the tone of defense on the team..
    Richardson is our best scorer and possibly best player on the team right now..I remember the last Warrior game on national TV for the season against Portland Richardson and Robinson were the only 2 players scoring most of the 2nd half..Robinson had something like 15 pts in the 3rd quarter and Richardson was going off dunking on Ratliff several times and draining jumpers..I think it would be a mistake to give up both these guys after their impact last season..Not for what is being offered