Ducks @ Univ of Washington, Game Thread!

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by SlyPokerDog, Nov 5, 2011.

1. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Well-Known Member

Congrats ducks. It was a lot closer than I expected, although it was also a lot more frustrating. Our defense played well (at least compared to our not so lofty standards), but our offense was pretty bad. Both of our lines are not good enough to compete with you or Stanford. Against weaker competition, Polk is able to overcome this by just running through tacklers. Obviously he couldn't do this on Saturday. Our D line just sucks. We NEVER get pressure on the QB. Last year we had Mason Foster to cover this deficiency. He's now starting in the NFL and we're giving up long plays left and right.

A few other things from the game.

We are still at least 2 years away from competing with you guys. Until we recruit better lines, we will always get pushed around. We have weapons (ASJ, Kasen Wiliams and Polk), but Price has no time to let them get open and Polk is getting hit by 2 guys at the line.

I don't like DT as your QB. He is obviously effective in the system and you guys keep winning with him, so I'm not sure a change is in order (and I've never seen your backup), but I've just never been impressed by him.

LMJ is a beast. Not sure if he'll do much at the next level, but in college, he is one of the best out there. Because of his injury, I can't see him getting any Heisman love. Actually, even w/o the injury I'm not sure he would have. The Pac just doesn't have a good defensive rep and the one game he needed to come up big (LSU), he was held to 50 yards.

What the fuck is up with your kicker? Is he hurt? How can a D-I kicker at a top 10 school not be able to hit one over 40 yards.

Anyways, good luck the rest of the way. I'll be rooting for the trees next week (rather see them in the NC and you in the Rose than you in the RB them in a different BCS bowl) ,but other than that I'll be pulling for you.

2. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    Thanks for the kind words. It was a good game. 34-17 was close in your opinion? What did you expect? Your only two losses came on the road this year to ranked opponents and the differential in the UO/UW game was the second largest. Husky Stadium is not an easy place to play and you have a good team. I was surprised at the conservative play calling and Kelly not going on 4th downs.

Two years to begin competing with us? You very well could be right, but I've been hearing this from countless posters for about seven years. :)

I'm sure you don't like Thomas as our QB, because he IS effective and DOES keep winning. :) Besides running the option read so well, he also has a league low sacks and INT's among conference QB's with 8+ games. I'm not exactly sure what it would take to impress you at the QB position....does Lee and Jefferson impress you? What about McCarron? Thomas seems to hold his own against the QB's of #1 and #2. No, DT is no Andrew Luck - but, we don't need him to be. For all the praise, Luck's QB rating is only 17% higher.

Our kicker is a second stringer and money from 40 in. He just doesn't have range. If this game would have been close, Kelly probably would have gone on 4th down. Our kicker is 98% on extra points, 100% from 39 in - which means from 39 in he's more accurate than LSU, Stanford, or OSU's kicker. Our kicker also has a better % from 40+ than Bama (who happens to be a top 5 team). Regardless, Oregon just needs to score TD's.

Good luck next week vs USC.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/kicking/sort/extraPointsMade

3. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Anyone who thought UW was two years away during the Ty Willingham Era should've been immediately arrested for smoking crack.