Ducks vs Stanford, the pre game hype thread!

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by SlyPokerDog, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    It's going to be a rumble on the farm. I love how our defense is playing. I love how our triple option has the potential to exploit their defense.

UW has a very good OL. Stanford's is even better. If we can bring the kind of pressure we put on UW to The Farm, and if our secondary can buy our DL time like they did at Husky Stadium, it could be a great day for Duck fans.

My sincere apologies for linking an updated depth roster report for Trees and bringing light to the size and strength of their OL. :crazy:

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  2. Targus

Targus Suspended

So, Stomp, the size of Stanford's offensive line has nothing to do with Luck's conference low sack total? Nothing at all?

Respect your opinion, but these sports writers and LUCK himself tend to disagree with you:

http://www.paloaltoonline.com/news/show_story.php?id=23024

http://espn.go.com/blog/stanford-football/post/_/id/2206/offensive-line-progressing-quickly

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/37056/hokies-d-line-must-win-vs-stanford

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072211aaa.html

http://www.statesmanjournal.com/art...r-ready-clash?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

I'm sure you don't have time to read all those (which are just a smig of all the info out there about Stanford's OL) but let me help just a bit:

"Stanford, a team that often wears opponents into submission with its ball-control offense and physical style of play. Stanford is more of a north-south power running team with a big offensive line opening holes for Stepfan Taylor (893 yards), Tyler Gaffney (344) and Anthony Wilkerson (253), who all are in the 215-pound range. The Cardinal are considered the more physical team..."

And even our players seem to think theirs some water to that argument:

"They're bigger, blue-collar, physical," said Oregon rover Eddie Pleasant, fueling the stereotype.

I respect your opinion, Stomp, and your opinion does hold water. But, so does a lot of the fans, media, coaches (Kelly called them a big team) and even our players

3. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

I haven't crunched numbers of every team, but their OLine size seems to be about average among those teams that I have. I'd place their low sack total mostly to talent and scheme.

It's interesting to me to contrast the impression the media casts with the reality of numbers

STOMP

4. STOMP

STOMP mere fan

and my sincere apologies to shining some perspective on those numbers which reveal them to be essentially the same size as both Oregon and Washington. I'd have thought a Duck fan would appreciate separating facts from myths going into the big showdown, but whatever...

STOMP

5. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

I'm guessing that last comment he posted was more a jab at Sly for moving his topics.

6. Targus

Targus Suspended

you mean media, oregon fans, oregon coaching staff including kelly and oregon players

(but in all honesty their OL does appear avg size possibly more physical than others - and that can be reflected in the power I, two TE sets they run)

7. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Really?!? I didn't get that at all.

8. Wheels

I never accused you of being the brightest mod here either :devilwink:

that belongs to microsuck

9. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

But I didn't move the post you are referring to. He posted that here in this thread. I only merged duplicate threads.

10. Wheels

NO PRAISE FOR YOU!

[​IMG]

11. Targus

Targus Suspended

This is like the pre-show to a poorly run circus. The freaks and clowns entertain the restless crowd who are uncomfortable by the meaningless and unprofessional show! :biglaugh:

So pleased to be a part of it! :clap:

12. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Snippy little group of Ducks fans.

;)

13. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate

Stanford'll do that to ya. ;)

14. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have no idea what's going on right now, man...

:)

Ed O.

15. Wheels

"I've got an oscillating fan at my house. The fan goes back and forth. It looks like the fan is saying "No". So I like to ask it questions that a fan would say "no" to. "Do you keep my hair in place? Do you keep my documents in order? Do you have 3 settings? ............ Liar!" My fan fucking lied to me. Now I will pull the pin up. Now you ain't sayin' shit."

16. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

Yup. I played sports up until i was 18 and then covered sports professionally from when I was 18 until I was 26.

Focusing on your strengths is one thing, but every coach identifies weaknesses and addresses them. How else do you improve?

What does the team hotel have to do with this discussion? I can't afford to travel down to a bowl game. That has zero bearing on this topic or this discussion.

Blazer Prophet, myself, and a few others have voiced concerns over the secondary from time to time this season. We never said anything about them underachieving or called them "soft", but apparently you can put words in our mouths and then bring those words up over and over and over and over like they mean something. It's rather hilarious.

17. Sinobas

Sinobas Banned User BANNED

I have a good feeling about this game. The Ducks have a good defense, and I think we can put up points on Stanford. Standford's schedule has been a cake walk. I think the Ducks will expose them!

I just hope Darron brings his "A" game, because he's been shaky the last two games. If we beat Stanford at home, we should be ranked #2 IMO.

18. Targus

Targus Suspended

Agree 100% Sin. Go Ducks and Go Thomas.

And in unrelated news, the midgets and dancing poodles just arrived. One midget is not particularly mobile and waddles while the others move with grace. The lack of mobility clearly isn't just a physical handicap, but an emotional one as well. He's sad.

The circus can be sad, but mature adults smile and play along because it's really just about the kids. It's a show. An act. So we pretend its fun. I like the circus. Do you?

By the way, I sleep with a fan on. When I travel fanless, I find I have trouble sleeping because the air just feels still and stagnant.

Ed O. knows my youtube. Keep it on the downlow, por favor - just because I have so many of my kids and wife there too -- and there are a few creepy people here, lol. But, hope you enjoyed the closeup vids from Pasadena and Glendale with us hangin with the Duck, the band, the cheerleaders and a few players parents. I particularly like the pregame festivities with my Auburn friends. They eagle is amazing. Cheers! :pimp:

19. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    FTFY. :)

20. Targus

Targus Suspended

Thanks for the War Eagle fix. Now if we could just get the damn eagle story straight, we'd all be better off for it.

Dang, NB. You're going to rock the hotel? Sweetness! What does an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis have to do with this? Everything, man. Everything. The midgets, the clowns, the strong man and even the poodles...they need the luxury features include bathrobes and slippers, a pillow menu, twin-sink vanities, and jacuzzi bathtubs.

We can't have no stay at one of them motor inn, motor court, motor hotel, motor lodge, or even a auto court.

That's what I'm trying to tell you.