Durant: Being a douche is the real me

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Propagandist

Propagandist Well-Known Member

I disagree with your disagreement! They had proven nothing. They were OKC. They were the Rockets. They were LA with Howard and Kobe and Nash. Meanwhile, Golden State had just won 73!!!!!!!! games. Which is first in HISTORY! The year before LeBron went to Miami? They'd won 47 and lost in the first round. Not the same. And oldass Ray Allen joined the Heat in 2012. Haslem what? Chalmers what? Most of these guys had proven nothing. They might've been paper champions, as they say, but the Warriors were actually champions.

BonesJones likes this.
  2. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

People go to teams now all the time. Obviously Durant to GS is an extreme case. Great player to great team. But lebron is changing teams for a third time and the situation is maybe different but just as “douchey”.

People are mad the warriors are as good as they are. I get it. But it’s ridiculous how angry people are. It’s sports. It’s about winning. This is how these guys are now. No more MJ staying in Chicago or bird or magic.

3. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Yes. Role players. And good ones.
    It’s obviously not the exact same. The point was “lebron didn’t go to a super team”
    He went and they formed one on day one and won a championship. So it worked.

Cippy91 likes this.
  4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

But see thats it. You just said it. Players do it all the time. All that is left is HOW you do it.

Plus the conversation wasnt necessarily that him going to gsw was a douche move. It was a weak move. Its his reaction to the critisism that has elevated him to douche status.

BonesJones likes this.
  5. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Wade and Lebron got Bosh to come to Miami. I get it they are different, I was just saying. I think people misunderstand KD. I listened to both podcasts with CJ and I didn't hear a douche talking. People hated the decision for having it's own special and being drawn out. Lebron went back to Cleveland making sure Wiggins didn't come and they got Kevin Love with Kyrie already there. He has to control every aspect of the team. Even with the Lakers,Magic and him talked and he signed off on all these players they brought in. I get it, lebron didn't go to the team that beat him, one of the greatest teams of all time but that's all Durant did that deserves criticism, not hate.

calvin natt and Propagandist like this.
  6. Cippy91

Yeah criticism not outright hate and calling him things for absolutely no reason. Big difference in saying, "i don't respect the move he made to Golden state" and then saying "hes a fucking douchebag!!!"

Hoopguru likes this.
  7. Propagandist

These two things are not the same. This is not recency bias. And the difference boils down to the fact that KD joined a team that did not need him by any stretch of the imagination. It's silly to argue they are the same. KD has reached pinnacle doucheness! This is incontrovertible! I'm sorry KD fans!

Orion Bailey likes this.
  8. Propagandist

I actually thought KD got a bad rep for a long while when he was in OKC. Remember the paper ran that headline about him choking or something and he got all bent out of shape? I felt bad for the guy. But it just seems at some point these things started piling up and it got harder and harder to like the guy. And here we are.

9. Cippy91

I don't know I guess for me personally I know he did a lot of charity stuff in OKC. I mean he tried to stick it out with Westbrook as long as possible. I don't know how PG is gonna do that, I think him staying is the wrong move, I think Westbrook is overrated and hurts his team more than helps them a lot of the time. Nobody is perfect I mean yeah KD has said some silly things and got caught with the twitter burner accounts, reacting to fans, etc. I don't know I get a lot of people dislike him, I am not trying to sway them. I just don't get the outright hate as if he did something absolutely terrible. I understand criticism though

10. BBert

BBert Weasels Ripped My Flesh

Selfless Public Servant
    Example: His team wins because of a bad call by the ref. Is he gracious in his response? Does he point out some calls go your way, some against? No. He famously says: "Tough shit". And it's not like that's the only example. He's the kind of guy who thinks cheating is perfectly okay. The league had to adopt a rule to prohibit his favorite cheat. I don't like him. To me he's a smug douche, and always has been.

11. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Define, for an old fart, the difference between hate and criticism. I haven't seen anyone in this thread, or any other, physically threaten Durant. Hitler, I hate. John Wayne Gacey, I hate. Durant, I criticize. And yes, calling his decision to join forces with a 73-win team that had just come back from 3-1 in the Western Conference Finals to beat his team weak is criticism, not hatred.

What makes him a douche is the childish, unprofessional way he constantly snipes back at his critics. He may be a champion, but he doesn't act like one. Most champs don't give a rat's ass abut what anyone else thinks. Durant's constant sniping at anyone who criticizes his choice is a sign of insecurity. Even he thinks he took the easy path. So, when anyone questions his decision he becomes defensive to the point of becoming antagonistic. He is a professional entertainer. He gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to perform. That opens him up to criticism the same as any other highly paid entertainer. It's part of the deal. Part of the job of being a highly paid entertainer. He needs to stop being so defensive and ignore his critics. His childish responses only justify their position.

BTW, I don't blame him one iota for leaving OKC. He was NEVER going to win playing with the ball hog, stat padding , wannabe hero Westrook. There were a lot of other teams he could have chosen to join, and possibly led to a championship. Remember, that was the summer of 2016 when ALL the teams had massive cap room thanks to the new TV deal. Had he joined any team other than GSW or CLE, not one person would have called his decision weak. But he chose the easiest path to a championship in the entire history of the NBA, and that is the definition of weak. He has no one to blame but himself for the criticism he receives, and his petulant behavior just spurs his critics on.

If you don't like being called soft, don't make weak choices. If you do make weak choices, and get tired of the criticism, stop responding to the critics. It's as simple as that.

BNM

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

All players that are not currently Blazers are douchebags.

#LearnToHateThenPost

RickyJoe, BBert, hoopsjock and 3 others like this.
  13. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

I posted I think three times specifically “it’s not the same”. So this is wasting my time.

14. Cippy91

I am not saying you are calling him all these things but other people go a little overboard with it. Hey I respect your opinion on it. You might be right, he might be a complete tool but I have listened to a lot of interviews and what not with him and I think he is just a misunderstood guy but yes his decision to go to Golden State isn't respectable at all.

15. Cippy91

I am sorry but Meyers Leonard, the fake christian act, trying to flex on social media constantly when he has been so bad in 5 years and lucky to get the contract he got thanks to Neils obsession with him. I can't stand him at this point. He is all talk every offseason

oldmangrouch likes this.
  16. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Meyers is a Laker pretending to be a Blazer.

Cippy91 likes this.
  17. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Bosh signed before LeBron did. Yeah, the hate for Durant is based off the way he conducts himself now.

18. BonesJones

Why do you think his faith is fake? That's a BS assumption. Flexing on social media? That makes him a douche, and somehow more-So than KD?

Ridiculous.

PtldPlatypus and BBert like this.
  19. Cippy91

Come on bones, he’s out here every summer posting videos of him working out with top nba players and centers and has nothing to show for it. I’m not saying Meyers is a bad guy. I don’t know. I was just talking about blazers on the roster. I just can’t get behind the dude. Regardless of how whatever anybody feels about Durant, he’s still one of the best. The cj podcast didn’t show any douche like personality. It was a good podcast. Both episodes

20. BonesJones

I don't like him either, but he's a good guy away from the court. I can't believe you're making this argument.