Dwyane Wade - Untouchable

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by shankyoass, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">"All of the guys that have said something about me are shooting jump shots," Dwyane Wade said. "I go to the basket the majority of the time. If I get 10 free throws and I go to the basket 30 or 40 times a game, then that adds up. "I don't worry about what other teams say about me. Don't foul me, then." South Florida Sun-Sentinel</div>

[​IMG]

2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">Miami Flash City Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]</div>

Well that contributed nothing. We could already figure that out from what og15 wrote about the regular season. If anything, you should quote him and use that owned smilie. There would still be other issues to address still, but whatever.

3. norespect

norespect JBB gotta nuke something...

Wade just broke the teams record for most free throw attempts in a game....thats shocking

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">norespect Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wade just broke the teams record for most free throw attempts in a game....thats shocking</div>

I have to admit, Wade did earn those trips to the foul line last night. Cleveland was playing lazy defense all night and could not figure out how to defend the high pick. It resulted in a lot of grabbing and slow rotations by the last line of defense put them out of position to defend and led to fouls.

5. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Being a huge cleveland fan, i gotta say that most of those free throws were well-deserved. Wade just took it in ruthlessly and the guards were too slow to stay in front and the big men were just not into it espeically in the fourth. There were still some questionable calls, but hell, there are always questionable calls in every game.

6. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

Wow, I thought this thread was going to be flooded with Wade haters, but good to see people realized that he actually deserved most of the calls he got.

7. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    <div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I thought this thread was going to be flooded with Wade haters, but good to see people realized that he actually deserved most of the calls he got.</div>

Wade SUCKS [​IMG]

8. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

They ran the same play for the majority of those free throws, so it was pretty easy to figure out that Cleveland's defense just wasn't adjusting to him properly. I mean, it's a hell of a statistic, but I was more unimpressed by the Cavs defense than impressed by Wade's play.

9. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Bobcats Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Wow, I thought this thread was going to be flooded with Wade haters, but good to see people realized that he actually deserved most of the calls he got.</div>

am i missing something? there was and is a lot of laker and piston hate on wade...

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">rafy Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">am i missing something? there was and is a lot of laker and piston hate on wade...</div>

He's referring to the recent posts (regarding last night's game).

11. norespect

I'm not questioning that he earned them on that particular night, its just frustrating that its almost automatic....I agree that if you go in the paint as often as wade, ur gonna get fouled, but as I've stated before, this is the most frustrating thing about watching Nba games. I just wish what was called on Wade was called on everyone, or more like whats called on everyone is called on wade. A foul is a foul is a foul, there should be no grey area.

12. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I have to admit, Wade did earn those trips to the foul line last night. Cleveland was playing lazy defense all night and could not figure out how to defend the high pick. It resulted in a lot of grabbing and slow rotations by the last line of defense put them out of position to defend and led to fouls.</div>

word, that's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the game....D Wade does get his calls, BUT he earns the majority of his freethrows... the guy is just relentless when it comes to taking it to the basket.

13. rafy

rafy JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">shapecity Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">He's referring to the recent posts (regarding last night's game).</div>

I see, thanks.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">word, that's exactly what I was thinking when I was watching the game....D Wade does get his calls, BUT he earns the majority of his freethrows... the guy is just relentless when it comes to taking it to the basket.</div>

I think that's pretty much in a nutshell what everyone who is defending Wade has been saying ever since he started getting so much positive and negative attention.

14. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

when it comes to the Jordan comparisons, I agree with Steve Kerr...Wade is the closest thing I've seen to MJ...as far as the way he attacks the game....he has this quiet arrogance about him that is really noticeable.

15. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">when it comes to the Jordan comparisons, I agree with Steve Kerr...Wade is the closest thing I've seen to MJ...as far as the way he attacks the game....he has this quiet arrogance about him that is really noticeable.</div>

Off topic:

Steve Kerr doesn't understand statistics properly imo. He looks way too much into FG%, not comprehending that it is an obsolete stat (doesn't seem like he's heard of TS% and such). Just an observation I made.

16. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

<div class="quote_poster">THE DREAM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">when it comes to the Jordan comparisons, I agree with Steve Kerr...Wade is the closest thing I've seen to MJ...as far as the way he attacks the game....he has this quiet arrogance about him that is really noticeable.</div>

I agree, a lot like to say Lebron but he reminds me more of Magic because of his size and the way he's able to play almost any position. I think it's either Kobe or Wade who reminds me the most of MJ in today's league.

17. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">huevonkiller Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Off topic:

Steve Kerr doesn't understand statistics properly imo. He looks way too much into FG%, not comprehending that it is an obsolete stat (doesn't seem like he's heard of TS% and such). Just an observation I made.</div>
    Hubie Brown is a guy I like, he understands things quite well in that raw stats don't always tell the whole story. In an NBA game, teams generally equal out in posessions, and the team that is most efficient with their posessions is the one that wins.

There's a lot of commentators or TV analysts guys who aren't really very knowledgable on a large scale. I was watching NBA TV, and they were showing TWolves vs Dallas highlights. Mark Blount dribbled in and hit a 17 foot jumpshot from straight away, and the guy says "they'll give him that, he's not one who normally hits them from out there or something like that. I was thinking to myself, uhhh, yea he is.

18. huevonkiller

Student.
    <div class="quote_poster">og15 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Hubie Brown is a guy I like, he understands things quite well in that raw stats don't always tell the whole story. In an NBA game, teams generally equal out in posessions, and the team that is most efficient with their posessions is the one that wins.

There's a lot of commentators or TV analysts guys who aren't really very knowledgable on a large scale. I was watching NBA TV, and they were showing TWolves vs Dallas highlights. Mark Blount dribbled in and hit a 17 foot jumpshot from straight away, and the guy says "they'll give him that, he's not one who normally hits them from out there or something like that. I was thinking to myself, uhhh, yea he is.</div>

[​IMG]

Though, I do feel analysts should be forced to take some type of NBA statistic course. Michael Wilbon seems like someone that's always guessing about stuff; he needs to get off of KG's back (his name always seems to come up in "most overrated nba player" lists.

19. Flow

Flow ATLiens

Studdying
    Wade is the most explosive player in the league. Ofcourse he earnes his FT attempts, but beacuse he gets the most earned calls, he also gets the most false calls, I hope ya'll understand.

20. norespect

Invalid Video Link
    I guess he isn't the only one.