Earl Watson or Jason Williams

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by jwill2, Nov 22, 2003.

1. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

Might being the key word. Probably not though. Franchise, Payton, Nash, Starbury are all hands down better. And I'd put Cassell, Bibby, BobbyJax and Nick the Quick ahead as well.

2. notmuchgame

notmuchgame JBB JustBBall Member

For the sake of this thread, here's a quote from from this weeks espn power rankings...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">After all those sappy stories about Hubie and J-Will ... what if Grizz is actually better with Earl Watson and Mike Miller running the point? Not that Memphis minds the confusion, reveling in what must be its first-ever taste of the top 10.</div>

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/powerranking

3. notmuchgame

So what's going on with this situation?? Who's the starter right now? Are they just bringing back J-will slowly or is he going to starting coming off the bench now.

4. Smoke

Smoke JBB JustBBall Member

Earl Williams I think the grizs need them both for the versatility that they bring to the game. Grizs for the Championship? nah but maybe long playoffs.

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting notMuchgame:</div><div class="quote_post">So what's going on with this situation?? Who's the starter right now? Are they just bringing back J-will slowly or is he going to starting coming off the bench now.</div>It could go either way. There is no reason why Jason Williams could not come back into the starting lineup. He is in perfect shape. Another interesting roster development that was made earlier this afternoon was how Shane Battier was given the starting job over Wells and Outlaw. If Wells, Swift, and Wright can be bench, then so can Williams.

6. starman85

starman85 JBB JustBBall Member

I'm surprised Battier hasn't started before. I think Hubie realizes that he's their best sf, but has wanted to bring him in as a punch off the bench. But he seems to do better when he starts, so maybe this will be a permanent move. It should be - Battier provides an all around game at the 3 spot and never really hurts the Griz when he's in.

7. jwill2

jwill2 JBB JustBBall Member

"It's unfortunate (for Watson) but Jason Williams is a better talented player," Brown said. "He would not have been out of the lineup if he had not been injured. We're grateful with what happened during that time period because the team won games and we had some very solid wins."

8. notmuchgame

9. Depth

Depth JBB JustBBall Member

Jwill-he has ill handles