Early Season Baseball Studs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by SunnyD, May 10, 2007.

1. Silver Man

Silver Man BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ May 10 2007, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>JJ Hardy - .331 BA, 9 HR, 24 RBI'sHe's one of the big reasons why Milwaukee is doing so wellBJ Upton - .358 BA, 7 HR, 23 RBIThat batting average is f*cking amazing...especially coming from a no name player playing for the D-Rays. I'll tell you, the D-Rays have got some great young hitters. Delmon Young, Rocco Baldelli, him, and Elijah Dukes...I think they're only like 3 or so games under .500 so far.James Shields 3-0 record, 49 SO, 3.10 ERA, .92 WHIPHe pitches for the Devil Rays...and he just came out of nowhere.John Maine 5-0 record, 41 SO, 1.79 ERA (highest in the league), 1.17 WHIP</div>For the Devil Rays add Carl Crawford

2. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 11 2007, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lol @ all Marlins playersIan Kinsler has been an absolute stud...can't believe nobody mentioned him9 HR, 24 RBI, 19 Runs, 5 Stolen Bases</div>haha, I have to post about the Marlins, they're really the only baseball team I follow closely. I try not to post about stuff I dont know about.

3. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Eastern Division is clearly a race between the Mets and Braves..</div>kingjamez, also one of the more underrated rivalries in all of baseball. The two teams always hate each other dating back to to the jon rocker days. I'll never forget that 1999 NLCS between the Mets and the Braves. Robin Ventura hitting a grand slam in the bottom of the 15th inning. The Braves ended up winning the series but man those were some GREAT baseball games.

4. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

Tim Lincecum. His 2 seamer goes 94-97 consistently with a nasty 80-85 curve ball. 1-1 this year, but he had a game last week against the Astros and went 7 innings, 1 walk, 1 hit, 1 unearned run, 10 K's.

5. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

That guy is a monster.. He's a real small guy, but I love the way he pitches. His pitches are sick, and his fastball is untouchable..

6. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

hideki okajima...he's allowed 2 runs all year in like 20+ appearances. one on his first career pitch, and one on a dirty play by a-rod where they would have turned a DP an nothing woul dhave scored had it not been for him.best setup man in baseball.

7. joemagoo362

joemagoo362 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yankshater213 @ May 24 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hideki okajima...he's allowed 2 runs all year in like 20+ appearances. one on his first career pitch, and one on a dirty play by a-rod where they would have turned a DP an nothing woul dhave scored had it not been for him.best setup man in baseball.</div>Pat Neshek of the Twins has been nearly as good. 3 ER in 21.1 innings. I do however find it too early in the season to say that Okajima is the best setup man in baseball. He's been the best, but I don't believe he is the best.