Edgerrin James Signs with Arizona

Discussion in 'NFC West' started by vikingfan, Mar 12, 2006.

1. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'>Geeshh go read some scouting reports on DeAngelo Williams. If you know someone close to the buisness please ask them. No way does Maroney go before Williams. It will not happen.

Every team has walked away impressed with his attitude. His play on the field and nobody impressed quite like he and D'Bricashaw Ferguson did at the Senior Bowl.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Ravens I bet go DeAngelo Williams over LenDale White. They need a home run threat and someone who is proven and can be a primary back. Just becaue White has weight don't mean he can carry the load.

It'll go like this. As of now if thd draft happened yesterday

Bush - Texans
    Williams - Ravens
    White - I'll go out on a limb and say the Patroits
    Maroney - Colts

Maybe and maybe White can go ahead of Williams but NO WAY and Porky means NO WAY (hahaha) does Maroney go before Williams.</div>
    I would not blame a team if they took deangelo over bush. I am more convinced he will a success in pros than I am that bush will. Maroney i dont see being anything special</div>
    Yeah DeAngelo and Bush seem to be the consensus top 2 backs in this draft. Maroney in my opinion could go to Denver because he played in the zone blocking sceme at Minnesota. White has a poor attitude and at one time was said to weighed in at an out of shape 255 pounds this year.

2. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>IDK, I think the top 5 RB prospects are:

Bush
    White
    Maroney
    Williams
    Addai

Now the Cards should look at linemen in the draft to help Edge in the running game.

Here's how the draft with RBs should go:

Bush is obvious to Houston
    Baltimore gets LenDale
    Vikings will likely get Maroney
    Colts get Williams
    Addai drops to early 2nd</div>
    You all people should know that now the Vikings wont take a RB now because they just signed Taylor. Williams will not be drop that far he'll end up in the top 15 easily. Colts will probably taking Maroney, and Bush ending up in Houston is looking bleek because they want out of the 1st pick position.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I really don't see the Vikings drafting a RB now that they signed Taylor. I think they will probably focus more on the best player available rather than drafting by perceived need.</div>
    That's how teams should draft but they don't.

3. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ranman)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's how teams should draft but they don't.</div>
    Well, at 17th it will probably be their only real option. After FA is over I don't think they will have any glaring needs that are evident. What will probably happen is that they will just have a lot of depth issues and some questionable spots (I have a feeling that linebacker will remain a questionable spot, even with the signing of Leber).

Overall, though, I agree that most teams draft based on need, but at 17 this year, I think we are in a good spot to draft primarily on what's available.

4. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

that could really be a future dynamic team...

5. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Yeah these guys will be like the Chargers of 2006 where they have good players and beat average teams that were the greatest last year and people think are still great because it's early in the season thus becomeing incrediblely overrated even when loseing to average/loseing teams or getting in close ones with them and struggleing to stay above 500 in the first half of the season {I hate the Chargers}. They may look good but haveing a bunch of below-average players is going to keep them from haveing a winning season.

6. hoodie7

hoodie7 nfl-*****s member

porky you are setting yourself up to be incredibly embarassed

7. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

The Ravens have resigned J Lewis and signed Mike Anderson so I don't see them drafting any RB.

I agree with Porky that Denver would be an ideal situation for Maroney.

8. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hoodie7)</div><div class='quotemain'>porky you are setting yourself up to be incredibly embarassed</div>
    hahaha I'm not the one dropping DeAngelo Williams to the 4th or 5th back off the board when he'll go much higher.

Like I said no way Maroney goes before Williams. It won't happen. Hold me to it because I'm right on that. I won't be right on every single pick in my mock draft (nobody is) but I'll hit my player rankings pretty close to right on in the first round. I do every year. Last year I nearly got half the picks in round 1 right on. I had 12 or 13 right on. I actually had one pick right but the team traded down and still got him. It's not like I'm talking out of my ass. Things will change. Yes but nothing that drastic. Maroney had his chance to make his statement and he passed on the combine. With that there's no way he goes before DeAngelo Williams RB of Memphis. Please read some scouting reports on him. Look him up.

9. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Ravens have resigned J Lewis and signed Mike Anderson so I don't see them drafting any RB.

I agree with Porky that Denver would be an ideal situation for Maroney.</div>
    Yeah that pretty much rules out any RB in round 1. I'm really surprised with the Jamal Lewis signing.

Edit: Denver is the only team in the entire league that would go Maroney over Williams because of the scheme and that's still very unlikley because Williams could easily play in the zone scheme.

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

Williams and Marony have about the same speed. The only home run threats out of the top 5 backs are Addai and Bush. Addai ran a 4.4(williams ran a 4.5)

11. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

I would think Jacksonville could be a potential suitor for Maroney.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Williams and Marony have about the same speed. The only home run threats out of the top 5 backs are Addai and Bush. Addai ran a 4.4(williams ran a 4.5)</div>
    Williams and Maroney are clearly home run threats if you watch them play this year. Home run threats aren't labeled on just 40 time. Maroney or Williams haven't ran the 40 yet either. (If your looking at Scott Wright's site he's just putting in a guess at this time) I don't believe there pro days have happened and neither may not run the 40. Any reports on their speed is clearly speculation until then or of past runnings which usually are inaccurate.

Both are clearly home run threats. In Williams case he's very elusive and patient. Waits for his holes to open and attacks it. Williams is also a very good receiver. Maroney can take it to the house anywhere on the field. Both backs can kick it outside very well. Williams is more physical than Maroeny though despite the size. Maroney is a bit soft. Maroney's biggest drawback is his hands. He was rarely used has a receiver and is pretty one dimensional.

13. Thoth

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (porky88)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Ravens have resigned J Lewis and signed Mike Anderson so I don't see them drafting any RB.

I agree with Porky that Denver would be an ideal situation for Maroney.</div>
    Yeah that pretty much rules out any RB in round 1. I'm really surprised with the Jamal Lewis signing.

Edit: Denver is the only team in the entire league that would go Maroney over Williams because of the scheme and that's still very unlikley because Williams could easily play in the zone scheme.</div>
    I heard that Baltiimore was also going to sign Stephen Davis.

14. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

So maybe the Ravens should look at someone to take the FS spot, like... Jimmy Williams? BTW, I also heard that the Ravens are looking at Stephen Davis as well. Pretty odd because they signed an old veteran who was over 30 years old (Mike Anderson), signed Jamal Lewis, who resented splitting carries, and haven't done anything with the QB situation.

15. Thoth

It's a big stretch but Cutler may be available @ #13.

16. MKIV_Supra

It's a possibility with all of the things happening so far. Brees visited with the Saints so if he is signed, they might look for a different position in the draft and so the Lions might get Young, Cutler drops to the Ravens, OH THE POSSIBILITIES!

17. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I dont think Cutler is gonna get past Raiders, who are without Kerry Collins.

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MKIV_Supra)</div><div class='quotemain'>So maybe the Ravens should look at someone to take the FS spot, like... Jimmy Williams? BTW, I also heard that the Ravens are looking at Stephen Davis as well. Pretty odd because they signed an old veteran who was over 30 years old (Mike Anderson), signed Jamal Lewis, who resented splitting carries, and haven't done anything with the QB situation.</div>
    Stephen Davis now. WOW... There really stacking their backfield then.

Jimmy Williams makes sense. A lot of sense as does a lineman. Brodrick Bunkley would be a perfect fit as well. Ngata probably won't get past the Browns.

Cutler would be a gift there and he very well could be there. I think the big thing that nobody is talking about that will effect Cutler and maybe Young is Patrick Ramsey to the Jets. If Ramsey goes to the Jets I don't think they go Cutler. Then Cutler will drop. Raiders maybe.. But They're back in it for Culpepper. After that your looking at the Lions and Cardinals but both could use upgrades elsewhere. Cutler in Arizona would be a pretty good fit for him though. The Rams would be the wildcard in this one. Bulger isn't getting any younger.

This QB situation is really heating up.

19. MKIV_Supra

Yeah, the Ravens do need a center and a guard but I think they can do something with that in later in the draft or free agency. A tackle would be logical but I doubt someone like Winston Justice would be on the board. I think Eric Winston might but I don't see him going that high.