Eichel trade rumors heating up

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jun 17, 2021.

1. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

With Eichels group going nuclear with the neck surgery issue I think adams is going to blink first and cut bait. I hope drury doesn’t give away the house because necks are tricky and necks that need surgery even trickier. Well see what drury does bout it’s still a trade that I don’t think we have to make and I wouldn’t unless we get a favorable deal

2. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I wouldn't offer anything more than Strome, Jones, Hajek and Georgiev

3. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

If they trade Georgiev bring back HL for a year if he's healthy.

4. strudwickisthebest

strudwickisthebest Well-Known Member

Yea if they trade AG def bring back HL for a year

5. Ranger71

Starting to get late in the game for him to be ready for the start of the season if he's traded and has a procedure done. I'd think if it's going to happen it will in the next 3-4 days. No way do i give up Kakko and I'm even reluctant on Kravtsov though i could understand it. I'd rather offer a 2nd 1st rounder instead as it will likely be in the 20's. 2 1sts, Chytil, Jones and maybe someone like Hajek or Reunanen. I bet Krav would be included instead of the extra 1st though.

6. kreidertime

I could care less about Kravtsov. IMO, he's another Russian dipshit forward. Chytil I don't give up. Strome has to go. You can't just add a 10 million salary and not lose salary.

7. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

If Eichel is here, Strome is gone, not even a question. May not go to Buffalo, but he will be dealt somewhere (Ottawa).

8. Ranger71

Yeah, i just think it would have to be a separate deal for Strome, as Buffalo has no real use for him in a rebuild. Ottawa apparently was interested at the draft but that was involving pick swaps.

9. kreidertime

Buffalo could use him a lot. You can't just throw a bunch of kids out there with no good vets. It doesn't work. See Edmonton. They sucked for years trying to do that.

Ranger71 likes this.
  10. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Sabres GM has to realize that Eichel situation is not something that he can maximize. You have an injured player with an unusual neck issue that is not common in hockey players. On top of that, you have an unhappy player who wants out. This is not a profiting and advantageous place to be. The situation is to cut your losses as best as you can, but the Sabres are treating it as a normal trade scenario.

11. kreidertime

Strome, Kravtsov, Hajek, Jones and a 1st for Eichel. Buffalo should jump for joy and kiss Drury's ass if he offers that. They add 4 pieces to help their team plus a 1st.

12. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Dump, you are down on Kravtsov but I disagree. I think he is a mature for his age and is not the same as Buch. I agree with you on Buch, but Kravtsov at such young age showed some great defensive abilities and great hockey IQ. I did not like Buch skating around and waiving his stick in between Wilson and Chara, that is emotional and irresponsible, but I really think Kravtsov is different. I don't want him dealt for Eichel. I think LFA-Z-Kakko and Panarin-Someone-Kravtsov is a great top 6 for years to come.

13. kreidertime

Kravtsov is another euro puss. I don't see him doing jack shit in a physical playoff series.

14. Ranger71

Yeah i think Kravtsov is maturing alot and they'll have other guys to play more physical, he can be like a Kuznetsov for them. I'd rather them figure out a way to keep him but he may end up needing to be in that type of deal.

15. Ranger71

I get the feeling Eichel has a lost year, sitting out part of it, gets the surgery and gets traded over the winter.

SaveLundy likes this.