OT Either stop locking threads or close the OT forum down

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Natebishop3, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

This is getting fucking ridiculous.

I'm tired of having a discussion and a couple people get pissed off about something that doesn't have anything to do with the original topic.

Also, this is the OT forum. It has ALWAYS been a source of conflict and heated debate. If we're going to lock down every thread that has arguments in it, why even have a fucking OT forum in the first place?

Either delete posts, ban posters, or just get rid of the forum entirely because this is fucking lazy moderating.

GriLtCheeZ, Nate and MARIS61 like this.
  2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for your input. I closed it because I'm failed at trying to get it back on track and wasn't sure what to do. Other staff members had tried and it resulted in people complaining about them. The discussion was ugly. Myself and others had deleted and edited multiple posts in that thread. Nothing seemed to help. I even tried to ask people to move things to more of a discussion instead of accusations and insults and that failed horribly. I don't have time right now to babysit that thread. I will come back to it later and delete some threads and try and get it back on track.

3. Natebishop3

I just want someone to explain to me how "edumacate" is racist now.

Is that so much to ask?

Nate and Cippy91 like this.
  4. SlyPokerDog

Can we not. Can we just let all of this go? It's not going to go well.

5. Natebishop3

Well, see, in most places if people repeatedly break the rules, they're banned. Or suspended.

But here we use kid gloves by deleting and editing and locking threads, so nothing ever gets resolved. It just bleeds over into thread after thread after thread.

SlyPokerDog and Cippy91 like this.
  6. Cippy91

Cippy91 Habitual Line Stepper

Well the bottom line is simple. Dviss can actually be racist. Dviss can make jokes about white people but as soon as we make a joke on the black stereotype, it’s the most racist shit, threads get locked, comments get deleted and the black victim wins again, free speech is fucked. Welcome to Portland

Nate and Mote like this.
  7. SlyPokerDog

I locked a thread 2 weeks ago and just now. It's not a very common occurrence. I think it's better to try and reboot a conversation then to boot a person. In that thread the following moderating actions were taken, editing, deleting, discussing, and then when all else failed I locked the thread. It wasn't like I just locked without trying anything else.

8. SlyPokerDog

I deleted comments from both you and dviss for personal insults in that thread. I try to play things as fair as possible.

9. Nate

Nate #itsokaytobewhite #wakandaforever BANNED

It definitley seems like a thread will only get shut down, if dviss cry’s that we’re all white devils.

http://www.sportstwo.com/threads/lavar-balls-racist-comments.311593/

Take this thread for example; according to dviss, us white people cant even make an OT thread about racism. We just need to stfu, and gtfo.

No one was like “hey dviss, that’s actually pretty fucked up and racist to say”

I’ll just put dviss on ignore though from now on. The only reason I haven’t yet, is because of the meet and greets, but fuck it I guess lol.

Cippy91 and MARIS61 like this.
  10. SlyPokerDog

And this post is a personal insult. I've asked you multiple times both publicly and privately to stop.

11. Cippy91

How is this a personal insult? What?

MARIS61 likes this.
  12. SlyPokerDog

No, the last thread I closed two weeks ago I don't even think Dviss was posting in it. It was arguments that turned into insults over gun control.

dviss1 and Nate like this.
  13. SlyPokerDog

THE HCP, dviss1, Chris Craig and 2 others like this.
  14. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    The thread got locked while I was toiling over this post to dviss1:

So I'll post it here as it is neither an attack, anything racist, or even about the thread topic.

This is how I take all of your OT posts, that your every thought is rooted in unreasonable fear.

Unreasonable Fear of WHITE PEOPLE.

Unreasonable Fear of REPUBLICANS.

Unreasonable Fear of TODAY'S TRIGGERS according to CNN and MSNBC.

Unreasonable Fear of GUNS.

Unreasonable Fear of CAPITALISM.

Unreasonable Fear of LIBERTY.

Unreasonable Fear of FREEDOM.

Unreasonable Fear of THE CONSTITUTION.

Unreasonable Fear of THE BILL OF RIGHTS.

Unreasonable Fear of OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS.

Unreasonable Fear of DEBATE.

Just my impression from your posts. In person you seem like a normal relaxed young father with a great kid.

On the OT board, different altogether. Lately your posts are the kind of comments people make the day before they go postal.

Just expressing opinions here, trading thoughts about things beyond any of our control.

Basically, we're all just trash-talking. Nothing truly offensive intended by anyone.

We're all Blazers fans. :cheers:

stampedehero and Nate like this.
  15. Cippy91

Right but I wasn’t the one calling people a cowardly bitch like him. You guys outright let him vent his ridiculous ideas because he’s black. I think you’re a good mod. I have no issues with you. I just think you’re not calling it fair this time around like you say. Seems very much to me in that thread and others dviss can crack his jokes about white people and that’s fine I don’t give a shit but when I do it or others do it about black people and he cries out racist, you act on it immediately. I just don’t get that

16. Cippy91

Those aren’t personal insults. He plays the black victim card all the time. That’s not even an insult. Are you kidding me? And saying he can be racist is a personal insult? Okay well go tell your new staff member that who agreed with dviss that what I said was racist since it’s a personal insult now. Come on, you’re grasping at straws now

17. Cippy91

Hey guys if you don’t have far left wing ideology, you are not welcome in the OT section. Fucking wild. You guys circle jerk each other in thread after thread about trump, dviss posted like four threads on race a couple weeks ago yet I’m the dangerous one that’s just flying off the handle? Okay. Great logic.

18. SlyPokerDog

Show me the post where he called you a cowardly bitch and I will delete it. I don't let people vent because of their color or race. I try to play it as fair as possible. I deleted and edited dviss' posts in that thread, I know PtldPlaty did too. No one is playing favorites or allowing one race to insult other races more. If we missed some it was not intentional.

19. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

I think sometimes people need to go back and read their posts. If people are consistently calling you “angry”, or a racist maybe the problem is you, not them.

20. Cippy91

It was in the thread you just locked. I am not sure if it was edited but when I came to it it was still there. Don’t know now. Personally I didn’t care I’m just making a point on who is allowed to get away with what. This isn’t about race. It’s about a bias here.