Emmanuel Mudiay selected by Denver Nuggets with No. 7 pick in 2015 NBA draft

Discussion in 'Denver Nuggets' started by truebluefan, Jun 27, 2015.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Emmanuel Mudiay had just walked across the stage to shake NBA commissioner Adam Silver's hand as the most important draft pick the Nuggets have made in years. Minutes later, after the telecast went to commercial, Mudiay was the featured player in a Foot Locker ad.

Meanwhile, the Nuggets' starting point guard, Ty Lawson, was starring in a different kind of video. It was an Internet video of Lawson and a few of his friends watching the draft at a house.

"They'll probably get Mudiay," Lawson predicted on the video, before the pick was made. "And then I'm going to get a bunch of tweets about 'Oh, Ty, you're getting traded.' For sure."

And after Mudiay was officially the choice, Lawson said: "I told you. I'm going to Sacramento, bro." Then he took a drag from a hookah.

Lawson in fact didn't go to the Sacramento Kings on Thursday night, but the Nuggets ushered in a new era of leadership under coach Michael Malone with the startling selection of Mudiay, a big (6-foot-5, 200-pound) point guard, surprising only because he was available that long.

"I asked my agent what my range was, and he said two to seven, so I said, 'OK.' So I was just waiting, being patient. I was at peace the whole time. Seven is my favorite number, so it's a perfect number," Mudiay said.

The Nuggets are hoping he is the perfect pick.

"I'm giddy," Nuggets general manager Tim Connelly said. "It was a very excited (draft) room upstairs."

- See more at: http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_28383659/emmanuel-mudiay-selected-by-nuggets-no-7-pick