Erick Dampier

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Ice, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Ice

Ice JBB Member

He has been doing huge things thus far in the season. I was expecting a solid double double in him, but 12.4 points and 15.8 rebounds is just amazing.

Dampier has really led Golden State, I had my doubts on this team.

2. jbbKing James

jbbKing James JBB Banned Member

The key has been health. Becoming a vet you also learn to position yourself better as well.

Keep it up big fella.

3. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

Erick Dampier has been HUGE to say the least. Not only is his back up, Adonal Foyle, out with a knee injury but he is also without Troy Murphy who crashes the boards pretty well also.

He has finally come out with the intensity and drive that the Warriors have been expecting for years.

As King James said, being healthy does wonders.

4. Warrior

Warrior JBB JustBBall Member

Always nice to see a guy finally have a breakout season. The Warriors need someone to step it up and he did just that.<font color="#f1f1f1">Always good to see guys finally have a break out season. Golden State needed someone to step it up and he did just that. </font>

5. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Remember Danny Fortson a couple of seasons ago? 16 and 16 through the first 10 games and then went down injured - Dampier is doing exactly the same thing for them, I hope for the Warrior's sake he can stay healthy cos his value is underrated

6. mattyc

mattyc JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warrior:</div><div class="quote_post"> Golden State needed someone to step it up and he did just that. [/color]</div>
    Exactly. In trading Fortson, and with Murphy out, the Warriors had a weak front court. Dampier has filled the spot admirably.

7. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting mattyc:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly. In trading Fortson, and with Murphy out, the Warriors had a weak front court. Dampier has filled the spot admirably.</div>Adonal Foyle is also out. I really hope Dampier can keep this type of play up...

8. mattyc

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">Adonal Foyle is also out.</div>
    Ah, I knew I was missing someone.

9. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

Not only has Dampier played well, but so have the rest of the Warriors. They veterans like Cheaney and Robinson have stepped up big-time and are delivering well. I think that they're playing great team ball, and with play like this, they're definitely going to compete in the western conference playoff race.

10. bball guru

bball guru JBB JustBBall Member

Erick Dampier is doing great so far, but it's still very early into the season. Also, Dunleavy looks very good!

11. Rudeezy

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting kobeonfire:</div><div class="quote_post">Not only has Dampier played well, but so have the rest of the Warriors. They veterans like Cheaney and Robinson have stepped up big-time and are delivering well. I think that they're playing great team ball, and with play like this, they're definitely going to compete in the western conference playoff race.</div>And that is what I have been saying from day 1![​IMG]

12. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Rudeezy:</div><div class="quote_post">And that is what I have been saying from day 1![​IMG]</div>

Mate as a Sonic man I have exactly the same problem trying to convince people we can compete for Western spots too [​IMG] Everyone except Marc Stein anyway, but he's just too stupid for words.

13. uqlangel

uqlangel JBB JustBBall Member

The warriors certainly have the talent to do well with J Rich Murhpy and Dunleavy they have a good solid young nucelus and Van Excel, Claxton,Robinson,Dampier,Cheaney are all solid vets who could help them move toward the playoffs.Given the offseason loss of Jamison and Arenas the Warriors have retooled well and will still compete for the 8th seed this year and look to have a bright future.

14. mattyc

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Mate as a Sonic man I have exactly the same problem trying to convince people we can compete for Western spots too [​IMG]</div>
    I have no doubt that the Sonics are a definite chance. I think they, alongw with Phoenix are the teams "on the brink" per se.
    Rashard and Ray Allen are very potent scorers whilst Radmanovic is severely underrated. Kid has a nice shot and can play under the post a little. Enough has been spoken about Flip already, but the guy has proven he can score consistently. Add into that the role players of Barry, and the upcoming Ridnour and you have a nice core unit.

The two problems I see are depth and interior strength. Calvin Booth hasn't really lived up to what I thought he may be capable of. That said, he has improved his rebounds a little this season.

Antonio Daniels can be a spark of the bench if used wisely, Evans can provide a bit of hustle and I like Ansu Sesay a little.

There is a lot to be excited about in Seattle, especially when Ridnour develops a bit and Collison to return next year. In terms of this season, I think you definately can challenge for one of the later seedings.

15. InNETSweTrust

InNETSweTrust JBB Philippines' Finest

whew...lots of players having a break out years....