ESPN article on Boyd

Discussion in 'Portland Timbers' started by porkchopexpress, Apr 25, 2012.

1. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Well-Known Member

Love seeing the Timbers get some national pub. Hopefully the win against KC turns it all around. Its been a weird week for me fan wise. Portland wins against the best team in the league playing "ugly" and Barcelona, my (and my dog, as you can see in the avatar) favorite team loses 2 and draws 1 in a week playing the "beautiful" game. Maybe if we had someone like Boyd we could have done better against the vaunted 9-1 formation!

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7846890/mls-kris-boyd-journey-mls

Hopefully I can make it to a game this year. I haven't been back hone during the season in 4 or 5 years, so I've never been to a game!

2. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

let us know if you make it to town during the season! I have a few contacts in the TA to put feelers out for an extra ticket if you are in town. (probably not if its against Seattle... that one would be one tough ticket to get lol)

Also that pic is actually your dog??? I always thought it was just a random picture. Beautiful dog!

3. porkchopexpress

porkchopexpress Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'll let you know if I make it up this summer. There's a chance we'll be moving back to Seattle (both me and my wife went to UW and she's from the area) in the next year so hopefully I'll see plenty of games between us and the Sounders. It'll be like back in undergrad going to Sonics games wearing Blazers gear.

Yeah, that's my dog. We used to live in upstate NY, so he fit right in with all the snow. Not so much down in San Diego!

4. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    Interesting that they waived Marcelin today. Sounds like he broke a code of conduct or something.

5. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

siiiiiick

thanks for the sharing