ESPN needs to close

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The`Dream, Jul 18, 2007.

1. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 18 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys complain about the bad analysts and sh*t...atleast you actually get to see NBA highlights and listen to people talking about the NBA and NFL...I woulnd't care if it was the Cookie Monster, as long as someone would finally start talking about the NBA here in Canada. It's all hockey...makes me sick to my stomach..</div>
    Canada doesn't have any national television station that broadcasts NBA games?

How do you watch other teams then?

2. l?ckdown

l?ckdown BBW Member

I hate it sometimes, they over do football alot. Even in the offseason they have an NFL show in the afternoon everyday. I'm okay with the NFL, but they overdo so dam much.

3. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jul 18 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Canada doesn't have any national television station that broadcasts NBA games?How do you watch other teams then?</div>No, I'm talking about sportscenter. We do actually get a good amount of games, just not all of the Raptors games on Cable...We have 3 sports channels, and you can find a non-raptors game almost every day.

5. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 18 2007, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, I'm talking about sportscenter. We do actually get a good amount of games, just not all of the Raptors games on Cable...We have 3 sports channels, and you can find a non-raptors game almost every day.</div>Get a satellite. Then you can just order US sports channels. I'm guessing you can get NBAtv over there though, right?

6. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

ESPN needs to balance out what they show throughout the year. Meaning, they need to fill certain time slots with NFL Films or NBA flashbacks even in the offseason. They need to get rid of Jim Rome is Burning, along with Cold Pizza because they ruined that show by moving them to another boring ESPN set. They need to stop with the evening Sportscenters because frankly there's no news to report because all the games have not been played yet so they're just killing time. As for Chris Berman, you guys all need to be quiet about him because he's one of 10 Bills fans in the world including me. [​IMG] He comes out to Maui every year to commentate our pee wee basketball All-Star games and I've had the pleasure to talk football with him many times. In fact, he just bought a house on Maui so I was thinking I can be his house-sitter during football season. He's a fun host who can think up of catchy nicknames right on the spot. Same with Stuart Scott and Stephen A. Smith, both of them over do it with they're ghetto slang but without them it would be boring old white dudes talking for hours. Also, what idiot decided NASCAR should be on ESPN?! That is the dumbest idea ever and it's not a sport I don't care how many people disagree. When I grow up my goal is to get super rich and make my own sports network that's going to rape ESPN and have great games everyday with awsome experts. :dribble:

7. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

You should talk about getting him some new calls, 808. Yeah his stuff was original two years ago, but now its zzzzzzzzz

8. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The`Dream @ Jul 18 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You should talk about getting him some new calls, 808. Yeah his stuff was original two years ago, but now its zzzzzzzzz</div>He shouldn't be a baseball guy, he should stick to football because back back back back does get annoying, but you can't beat some of these famous catch phrases:"Curtis "My Favorite" Martin!" -Curtis Martin"He could... go.... all... the.... way!!!""He fought the Law, and the Law won!" -Ty Law"whoop!!""No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" [​IMG]

9. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (808Hornetsfan @ Jul 18 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He shouldn't be a baseball guy, he should stick to football because back back back back does get annoying, but you can't beat some of these famous catch phrases:"Curtis "My Favorite" Martin!" -Curtis Martin"He could... go.... all... the.... way!!!""He fought the Law, and the Law won!" -Ty Law"whoop!!""No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills!" [​IMG]</div> The best one is when he's commentating for a RB and the RB is breaking a bunch of tackles and he makes that one sound effect over and over: "Pfff, Pfff, Whoop! Pfff, Pff! He could... go... all... the... way!"

10. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 18 2007, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The best one is when he's commentating for a RB and the RB is breaking a bunch of tackles and he makes that one sound effect over and over: "Pfff, Pfff, Whoop! Pfff, Pff! He could... go... all... the... way!"</div>I like it when they do the sound effects for Pacman Jones when he's running a INT back. [​IMG]

11. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

12. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 18 2007, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Your stupid. ESPN is hardly the ''ghetto nigga'' network. They have 3 black people on staff I can recall out of at least 150 analysts. God forbid they have a black analyst when 75% of major sports involves black people.</div>BBW has one.I think they should split it up. 30 Minutes for each sport and not being called sportscenter but like seprate broad casting so we dont have to wait. Like NBA would have 30 minutes then MLB will and so on consuming the same amount of time of SC

13. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 18 2007, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Chris Berman's nicknames for others:http://funny2.com/berman.htm</div> :HAHAHA: Awsome link, I just bookmarked it.

14. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ Jul 18 2007, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>OP lost all credibility when they said Tim Legler was a good analyst.</div>
    I personally don't mind Legs either. I don't think he's the best analyst in the world, but I think he's better than the rest of their crew. I think Stephen A. is repulsive, but entertaining. I don't mind Stephen A. at all. I don't like Greg Anthony much, and Mark Jackson states the obvious and/or re-states something said right before him every single time he speaks. He also makes a lot of terrible jokes. Mike Wilbon... enough said. The guy doesn't really know what he's talking about, and Jon Barry is clearly the biggest piece of white trash ESPN has ever hired.

Hubie Brown is the man, though.

16. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

It's to bad FSN doesn't step up and do some shows like SportsCenter and everything else instead of airing a bunch of garbage all day long. Sign some talent and build a network which can compete with ESPN! The only real reason ESPN is so successful is because they have no competition. I love my hometeam but say after a Tigers game..why do I want to watch replays of the game I just watched after it?

17. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

FREE HAROLD REYNOLDSIma bring it back.

18. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Jul 18 2007, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Harold Reynolds evidently was sexually harassing some girl or whatever, so they fired him.</div>I'm pretty sure most people know that, but the problem is that supposedly it was for hugging someone. Furthermore, Sean Salisbury, an NFL analyst, was only SUSPENDED for showing women pictures on his phone of his wang. Seems rather hypocritical of the network. Reynolds has sued ESPN, so we'll see how long this lasts.Reynolds is the man. Women should want to get banged by him.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 18 2007, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Mike Wilbon... enough said. The guy doesn't really know what he's talking about, and Jon Barry is clearly the biggest piece of white trash ESPN has ever hired.</div>Yeah, that's the part that drives me nuts about "Who's Now?" It's not who has won or the setup of it, it's the analysis. Who gives a F*ck what Herbstreet, Keyshawn, and Mike Wilbon think? All three of them chose Tony Parker because he's married to Longoria. Nevermind that Federer is quite possibly the BEST PLAYER IN HIS SPORT EVER EVER.And Jon Barry drives me nuts, he's such a biased fucktard.

19. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

I know he doesn't work for ESPN, but Joe Buck is probably one of the worst announcers I have ever heard. He's made some good calls in his time, but other than that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he can be extremely biased towards one team. He just annoys the hell out of me...

20. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 18 2007, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know he doesn't work for ESPN, but Joe Buck is probably one of the worst announcers I have ever heard. He's made some good calls in his time, but other than that he doesn't know what he's talking about and he can be extremely biased towards one team. He just annoys the hell out of me...</div>I disagree. I don't like him for FOOTBALL at all. But Buck for baseball is really great. McCarver is the dude on Fox that makes me ticked.