ESPN needs to close

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The`Dream, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

I don't remember which guy it was, but I remember I used to watch Saturday baseball and they would always make a comment about how such and such was a bad baserunning mistake, and half the time they were wrong. They would say it literally every week, so I guess they thought it made them seem intelligent.

2. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jul 18 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I disagree. I don't like him for FOOTBALL at all. But Buck for baseball is really great. McCarver is the dude on Fox that makes me ticked.</div>He was incredibly biased during the Angels-Giants World Series. Every mistake by the Giants was basically called a huge blunder while every mistake by the Angels was just bad luck. Ever since then I've hated him (and not just because of that series) but because he's too opinionated while he's broadcasting...

3. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 18 2007, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He was incredibly biased during the Angels-Giants World Series. Every mistake by the Giants was basically called a huge blunder while every mistake by the Angels was just bad luck. Ever since then I've hated him (and not just because of that series) but because he's too opinionated while he's broadcasting...</div>Just as biased as the Fox Announcers the last time the Dodgers and Giants played eachother? The on one National television. The announcers were so pro-Giants, I had to watch it on Mute.

4. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirLaker @ Jul 18 2007, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Just as biased as the Fox Announcers the last time the Dodgers and Giants played eachother? The on one National television. The announcers were so pro-Giants, I had to watch it on Mute.</div>I wouldn't know, I was at that game [​IMG] But I don't see how he can be pro-Giants during that series, we got beat pretty bad

5. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SBoyd415 @ Jul 18 2007, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldn't know, I was at that game [​IMG] But I don't see how he can be pro-Giants during that series, we got beat pretty bad</div>The game went down to the wire...Giants came back. I am pretty sure we are talking about the same game. They were pro Giants because every mistake a Dodger would make, they would replay it a million times and say how bad of a mistake it was. That got annoying. Not only that, but they kept on and on about how Giant Fans are more supportive of their team and take the rivalry more seriously. That pissed me off. Especially, when we have the higher attendance rate.

6. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SirLaker @ Jul 18 2007, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The game went down to the wire...Giants came back. I am pretty sure we are talking about the same game. They were pro Giants because every mistake a Dodger would make, they would replay it a million times and say how bad of a mistake it was. That got annoying. Not only that, but they kept on and on about how Giant Fans are more supportive of their team and take the rivalry more seriously. That pissed me off. Especially, when we have the higher attendance rate.</div>If you're talking about the series we got swept, yes. The comeback game where we lost in the 14th is the only game I think of where the Giants had a strong point. Joe Buck is one of those terrible FOX announcers that chooses a side and commentates with bias. As for the attendance thing, your stadium has about 16,000 more seats. PS- At least they were right when they said Giants fans are more supportive :winkglasses: