Evacuation and the ride home

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Showtyme2642, Sep 21, 2005.

1. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

I'm not going to be so quick to call a hurricane weak (especially since we're no longer getting the worst of it).....the main thing that I'm concerned about is flooding....it's supposed to be raining here until early next week.

2. ItsShowtyme24

ItsShowtyme24 JBB JustBBall Member

Yea my prayers go out to everyone who was affected by hurricane katrina and the soon to be hurricane rita.Be safe everyone out there.GOD BLESS

3. MTran

MTran JBB JustBBall Member

it seems as though it's not going to hit houston directly but the evacuations is what probably made it worse. 20+ hours to get from houston to dallas. many people running out of gas. gas stations are all out of gas.

a bus blew up and many people died. things were crazy. it's calmed down now. even though i think many people jumped the gun but it's better safe than sorry.

4. The Dream

man it took us all day just to get past Intercontinental Airport on I 45....we only had half a tank, so we turned around......traffic will also be bad coming back.

5. IversonAllen

IversonAllen JBB JustBBall Member

where im at (up north in spring) it not gonna be that bad, maybe rain and alot wind and possibly a lil flooding, hopefully i can go rafting haha

6. IversonAllen

IversonAllen JBB JustBBall Member

hope everyone affected by this is being safe and secure i pray for you all

7. Adrenaline

Adrenaline JBB JustBBall Member

8. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

Right now were accomodating some relatives and friends in our house. It feels nice to help and show your hospitality to others. I pray for all my fellow Texans and to those from Louisiana that everyone will be safe from harm.

9. The Dream

I stay in Pearland and I'm really surprised to even be online right now....I thought we would be out of power by now.....we've definitely dodged a bullet so far.

10. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Hope that everyone is still safe at this moment.

11. The Dream

Htown just dodged a big bullet and her name was Rita!!!!.....only problem in the Houston area is power outages (for the most part)

12. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting THE DREAM:</div><div class="quote_post">I stay in Pearland and I'm really surprised to even be online right now....I thought we would be out of power by now.....we've definitely dodged a bullet so far.</div>
    The media blew this storm out of porportion times 10..........It was a nasty storm, but people in Houston acted like it was like "The Day After Tomorrow". Common sense would tell you that Houston isn't below sea level, further inland, and not as fragile as other small cities can be. The only thing we risked was a little flooding. Most who evacuated didn't even have too [​IMG]

13. The Dream

^^^well fortunately the storm moved further east....if it would've stayed on it's predicted path, Houston could be having a lot more problems than power outages......Port Arthur and Beaumont aren't looking too good as of now.........that could've easily been us..........the only thing that I'm worried about now is that it's supposed to be raining here until early next week, so hopefully there will be no flooding problems in the Bayou City.

14. ROCK4LIFE

ROCK4LIFE Active Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting THE DREAM:</div><div class="quote_post">^^^well fortunately the storm moved further east....if it would've stayed on it's predicted path, Houston could be having a lot more problems than power outages......Port Arthur and Beaumont aren't looking too good as of now.........that could've easily been us..........the only thing that I'm worried about now is that it's supposed to be raining here until early next week, so hopefully there will be no flooding problems in the Bayou City.</div>
    That's what I'm saying. I'm on the southwest, and it's a BEAUTIFUL day outside. If more people were here, I'd probably go hoop somewhere. The media bamboozled us. But Houstonians overreacted, and probably lost alot of money evacuating.

15. KfrumHTOWN!

KfrumHTOWN! JBB JustBBall Member

We were spared the worst of the storm!!! I was watching that stuff all night. Looks like beaumont and lake charles are screwed though.

16. bbwAce

bbwAce BBW Member

we here in Katy hardly got hit at all...just a lotta winds, nothing extreme tho...we ended up pretty lucky and safe....

17. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

let me just say being from clear lake that i had to evacuate to austin and it took me 20 hours to get there. It was the worst thing ive ever experienced in my life. The ride home was 5 hours b/c i left today(saturday) and didnt have much traffic.

glad to see my house is still here.
    I know this doesnt have to do with basketball but still.
    Let me jsut say in those 20 hours 85% of the gas stations in between houston and austin are cleaned out. Theres no gas there.

18. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

Just saying, there's another thread for this.

Good to see you got home safely, and there's no damage to your house.

19. Mag

Mag JBB MacBeth

^Werd. Sugar Land got less rain then we usually do, and the winds were great. It was like California Weather outside; it's kind of sad that they totally screwed up on the path of the storm. But I am extremely grateful, everything is just how I left it, and it's still a pretty nice day outside.

20. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

It's scary whats goin on right now. Im glad your ok.