Evan Turner

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by SlyPokerDog, Apr 23, 2017.

1. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Yup - Porsche too. Compare a 70s 911 to what they're building today and it's gross! But at least a Porsche still looks like a Porsche, even if they've gotten obese.

2. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

It does not look too bad if you consider the Cayman as the new 911 and the 911 as the new 928. My friend got the last Cayman S with the 6 cylinder (2014 model) - it is a bit bland, but it is pretty and while it is a bit bigger than the old 911s - it is still very light for a modern car (2,800lbs).

3. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Found this page illustrating the fattening of cars over the decades. The BMW is another great example - those 70s/80s designed cars just scream "BMW!", and now if it weren't for their grill it would be hard to tell 'em apart from anything else on the road.
    But the saddest fall from grace is the Jaguar. Once the classiest cars on the road, now looking like a Buick!

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-images-that-show-just-how-fat-cars-have-become/

4. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

I dig the Cayman - if I were to buy a new Porsche (I wouldn't, but if) it would probably be a Cayman. Except apparently they don't have any storage behind the front seats. The rear seats in 911s aren't really seats, but at least you can throw a bag back there!
    The only Porsche I hate on is the Boxster. I don't like their SUV, but apparently it's the most well-designed SUV on the market and does what SUVs are suppose to do. And I actually, oddly, like the Panamera. Actually, that's what I'd buy if I bought a new Porsche.

5. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

The 918 is the only Porsche I like:

[​IMG]

6. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

7. Sarni

Sarni Well-Known Member

Cayman is an excellent car. I hope I can get a good used one in two years after my 30th birthday, always been my dream although the Macan might have changed my plans a bit as it's still a Porsche but one I could use as my main car (I need to have a small SUV as my first car, currently have X1 as my main car on a 4-year lease that only started this year so the earliest I can get Macan is 2021 anyway).

8. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

I just bought a Macan GTS, red with black rims.

psyche.

riverman and HailBlazers like this.
  9. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

So when you're creating a player on 2K you can choose their personality traits. There's one called "KEEP IT REAL"

Turner should DEFINITELY have that one!

riverman and EL PRESIDENTE like this.
  10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Turner is extending a lot more on his follow through in that video posted earlier in this thread. That does two things:

1.) It makes touch more consistent because the farther the forearm moves forward, it has more of a factor in overall touch. With Turner's shot last year, his touch was based mostly on his wrist flick and triceps. It wasn't a good combination. It's more fluid because now he's recruiting his forearm as well.
    2.) It increase his arc. Last year, his forearm was almost vertical at his setpoint and on his follow through. His elbow would go up and his wrist would go forward. This is awful for arc, and was one of the biggest reasons he struggled from range. The ball would be pushed off of his hand due to the flick of his wrist straight forward. However, if he's extending his forearm forward now, it'll increase his arc. It only looked like a 1 or 2 degree difference in entry angle to the basket in the video earlier, but that's a big difference. If his forearm is extending more forward, it'll push his hand through the ball, rolling the ball from his hand, up onto the very tips of his fingers, and will roll it off of the top of the hand, giving it more arc and touch.

Basically, his shot was a "flick" last year, because he didn't extend his forearm on his shot. If he fixes that, I expect his shooting to improve dramatically, as he has good form in terms of release timing, his elbow in on his set point as well as a straight hip/elbow/forearm/hand placement on the point of release.

11. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I still think he's releasing a bit too soon but you're right his form is a bit better.

12. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Doesn't surprise me.

With his old form, he started flicking his wrist forward immediately during his follow through, instead of letting his arm flow through the ball and letting his wrist follow the momentum gathered by his arm and flow forward.

WillG and dviss1 like this.
  13. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

It's a science really.

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

WillG and riverman like this.
  15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Hey Evan, Now that I see you have been working on your three ball game, I forgive you for leaving piles of trash outside your house for weeks for the vagrants to sift through every night.
    I am a fan. Most wanted you traded, but I want you here. Play well this year so I can buy your Jersey!

Pinwheel1 and riverman like this.
  16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Your band is called the vagrants?

dviss1, BBert and Orion Bailey like this.
  17. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Yeah - last season the ball'd be sent on its way before he did his wrist flick - like some sort of shot put motion - which resulted in a terribly flat shot.

This shot is looking much nicer than last seasons - though that's not that hard in the slightest.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

The Mentors

dviss1 and riverman like this.
  19. riverman

riverman Writing Team

I dig the look of that car...especially in red...good choice bro!

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  20. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Do NOT buy his jersey..... :blink:

SIeepwalker likes this.