Everyone who raged about ticket prices might want to re consider

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PDXFonz, Apr 17, 2014.

1. BlazerCaravan

BlazerCaravan Hug a Bigot... to Death

I appreciate your candor, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter. A "Blazers Army" stretching from 100-level to 300-level for a swath of the stadium would be cool, maybe two stripes on opposite sides just pelting the court with loudness.

2. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

They tried this a while back. Was in the 200 level, I believe, behind one of the baskets. Can't remember the details, I just remember them pushing a Blazer fanatic sort of section or something.

3. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Yeah, but it was a little harder to scrape up those fans in the days when you had to ask, "Let me see your best Vlad Stepania cheer" or "How crazy are you for Sergei Monia?".

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  4. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

I wonder what the ratio is of season ticket holders vs single game purchasers for the playoffs. Since I renewed for next year before the first deadline, I get to pay my standard ticket price for the first round, which is about $45, rather than what appears to be $151 per ticket. It also stays lower throughout each round, but it does go up as we advance, if that makes sense.

5. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

Doesn't mean anything. Most will be from corporate buyers.

6. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

They were also giving a pair of tickets to a game if you added on a pair. I grabbed a pair of tan's and got an extra pair for game one.

7. The_Lillard_King

The_Lillard_King Westside

Just picked up my tickets. I got 2 seats to game 3. Pleasant surprise is the seats only cost 150 per ticket . . . that is for 100 level center court section.

I also paid for my next year seats, cost is up about 10%.

8. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

You're taking me to game 3 right?

9. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

wtf I paid 218 for blue section. Are your tickets legit? Did they lower them, and should I be looking for a refund to my bank acct?
    Or were you a sth?

10. Hobbesarable

Hobbesarable Cartoon Character

Is it time for you to hulk out? :lol:

11. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

What's your point? And your wrong. Most corporate buyers have season tix and already have playoff tix (dont pay the inflated price).

12. Strenuus

Doesn't make it right when the majority really can't go without sacrificing for something else. I'll sacrifice for things that are important to me in life, but going to a sporting event will never be one of them. I guess that's where some differ, I suppose. It's their money. They can spend it however they like. I will never be mad at people paying the prices because they are making a choice. Let's make that clear right now.

But, I understand it's a business. And businesses do not care about the consumer, that much I have learned.

13. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

You make valid points, but isn't pretty much anything you buy a personal choice and always at the expense of something else you could purchase instead? Businesses that succeed have a product/service that people choose over another.

14. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Small businesses care about customers(usually) but there comes a point where you have to do certain things. And times when you can't make everyone happy.

15. Strenuus

To an extent, I hear you. But I kind of put in different categories. Everything at the core is a personal choice... but, that's where the "choice" becomes differing variables. Home, car (or bike, or whatever transportation) usually is up there (and whatever those entail), family, etc... for me, health is a big thing, and self care. For others it's different. That's why I'll never tell someone "Why the hell did you buy that?" But, it doesn't make it right to charge that much.

I know in that aspect with big business and extremely profitable businesses, I have no leg to stand on. I'm not delusional, but it doesn't make me any less upset.

In the end, GO blazers!!! I do still cheer for the team. :)

16. Strenuus

Yeah. I let my frustration and lack of control over the situation get me sometimes. lol. I realize it.

Like I've said, I don't ever tell people what they should spend their money on, or harp them on it. I certainly don't like it when others do that to me or anyone else.

BoBoBREWSKI likes this.
  17. -Ace-

-Ace- Mostly lurking

I saw that and considered it, but I didn't go through with it. My section is one of the few that is dropping in price next year, and on the 200 level to boot. It's the best bargain in the arena.

18. SpamKing

SpamKing "Moisten needle before inserting"

Have Fun will Travel
    Truth is, people are willing to pay so much for my playoff tix that I can't afford not to sell them . . . No way I would pay that much for a basketball game, which is what I'd be doing if I didn't sell them . . .

19. Prue

Prue Member

Simple Supply and Demand. X# of people want to come to a game. There are Y# of seats available. X > Y. At what level can you set the price of Y so that X = Y (+/- 5%) Demand is always there but is dwindled by everyone doing their own CBA. This is nothing new, very very old concept. Does it suck to pay more for something you want? Sure. Does that stop people from wanting or buying it? Some.

20. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Haha, great post, very well said. Had a laugh cause I was totally expecting that to end with "no", the "some" caught me off guard.

As far as Toronto, I guess you can have a 400 avg price if you can get 10k ppl to stand in the cold outside as well. Good lookin out speeds.