OT Explosions and Fatalities at an Ariana Grande Concert in England

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by EL PRESIDENTE, May 22, 2017.

1. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Percentage wise, I don't know. I have been in villages were they were all pirates, everyone a Muslim.

2. TradeNurkicNow

TradeNurkicNow Resident OT Section Crank

Piracy is older than Islam.

Have you ever been in a village of non-pirate Muslims? Like, ever? Because if your only experience with Muslims was in pirate-villages, that would explain a LOT of things.

riverman likes this.
  3. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Might be right.
    That results in a large number of people though, of the two billion world wide. 5% would be 10,000,000. Several time more than the US military. If we chose wrongly, we could fight a war with this population until time runs out.

3,000,000 US Muslims and well, you can calculate that number.
    But I don't know what the correct percentage is? Those that want Sharia Law is reportedly very high. That system conflicts with the US Constitution so often, so badly, I can't imaging a compromise in that area.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-19/51-us-muslims-want-sharia

Then we have those that object to this poll. But there objections seem irrelevant to me.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-51-of-American-Muslims-want-to-live-by-Sharia-Law

4. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Can't say I know the answer to the question. I have only been in a few small Muslim villages and I don't know if they were pirates. Not being close to the sea, I doubt it.
    I have been in several large Citys though, Istanbul, Ankara, Riyhadh and Singapore. Singapore though has every religion and pirates. I never heard of a Buddhist pirate, no word on Hindu pirates either.

5. TradeNurkicNow

Let's say your 5% number is correct (and neither of us are qualified to say either way. It could be .05% for all we know.) That's 10million fundamentalist Muslims spread across several continents and dozens of countries, speaking dozens of languages and practicing dozens of different cultures. Now, why are you talking like we are fighting a war against them? We're talking about fundamentalists, not active terrorists.

If the critique of the poll seems irrelevant to you, then I have a feeling you don't need that poll to inform your opinion; you've already made up your mind.

6. TradeNurkicNow

Have you ever been to those cities in a non-military context?

7. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Really!
    Well, even if the following statement is true, and I sure don't think it is accurate, how does it affect the accuracy of the percentage?
    "Finally, 60% of Muslims said that Sharia is compatible with the Constitution" They might say it, but that sure doesn't make it true. The Qur'an teaches this tactic, you know.

Then we have this one;
    "The questions asked in the poll contained loaded language. For example, one such question was “Do you believe the Muslim Brotherhood in America accurately represents your views?” Either way the respondent answers, it implies that the Muslim Brotherhood exists in America."

Whether the Brotherhood exist in America is irrelevant as to the percentage of people that want Sharia Law.

8. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    The places I listed, I was there after my days in the military. The small pirate villages, were during my Navy days, and the hostages were the reason why. My first introduction to the word Kafir.

9. TradeNurkicNow

Really. You left this out:

"Firstly, CSP has a history of providing misinformation, or heavily biased information. Secondly, the poll was incorrectly and badly constructed; only 600 were surveyed, and it was an opt-in online survey, which the American Association for Public Opinion Research (AAPOR) considers to be inaccurate."

Another important point from the comments :

"Sharia Law is implemented in many forms, from formal laws governing Islamic controlled areas and Islamic religious police, and informal methods practiced by tribal groups, communities, and families. So even though the 51% should be taken with a grain of salt, many, many US Muslims support some form of Sharia Law. If you see a women with some form of head covering it is probably due to adherence to some type of Sharia."

Following Sharia is not a standardized practice. There are many "forms." Most Americans hear "Sharia" and they think that means the national laws of Saudi Arabia or tribal rules in Pakistan. Its pretty obvious that this poll was designed to make people think that American Muslims want to install that version of Sharia law in America-- and therefore make non-Muslims live by it. (Which is bullshit.)

10. BonesJones

BonesJones https://www.youtube.com/c/blazersuprise

Its a paraphrased Muslim passage.

11. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    No matter the version of Sharia Law, where it is different than the Constitution, that is trouble. Please don't tell us it is the same.

12. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Marzy is right! Here is a picture of a muslim pirate in Hawaii. HAWAII!

[​IMG]

Barrack Obamapirate!

lawai'a and riverman like this.
  13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

barfo ...commie pinko...non muslim pirate

14. TradeNurkicNow

It's not trouble when it's done in a country that isn't governed by the United States constitution.

The idea that Muslims are trying to force Sharia law onto the United States is a whacko conspiracy theory.

15. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Hard to believe hoo, they seem to want it everywhere.
    Here is another Poll for you.
    "The Polling Company CSP Poll (2015): 33% of Muslim-Americans say that Sharia should be supreme to the US Constitution (43% disagree)."
    https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/articles/opinion-polls.aspx

16. TradeNurkicNow

"Seems" doesn't cut it. Maybe it "seems" that way because you are frequenting echo-chamber websites like "thereligionofpeace.com."

That's actually the same poll we were discussing before. You should read it, it gives a varied view of Muslims in America, even if it is flawed.

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy....nline-Survey-of-Muslims-Topline-Poll-Data.pdf

17. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    So OK, I read it again. And I missed this part the first time;
    25% support this position -> “Violence against Americans here in the United States can be justified as part of the global jihad.”

Now I know you say it is flawed, it's my fault for looking at website you do not agree with. Fair enough.
    But it can't be 100% inaccurate, after all, we have the results of those that support jihad through their violent slaughter as a testament of the support.
    You know the events, I am sure. Way more than a minor problem.
    I am going to use that word again. It seems, there may be more accuracy to this poll that you would like, maybe way more than we both like.

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!

Naw! Dad was the Muslim
    .[​IMG]

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  19. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Hey! I forgot Bodrum!

I used that port to sail the Aegean Sea, about 4 weeks I think it was. Beautiful Sea and Country in both Turkish and Greek Islands. And waking every morning to the Adhan (call to Prayer).
    But Damn! Don't Eat the Watermelon! Just don't!

3RA1N1AC likes this.
  20. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Manchester attack: UK halts sharing bombing intel with US

Manchester, England (CNN)Britain has suspended intelligence sharing on the Manchester bombing with the US after American officials leaked information to the media, an issue that British Prime Minister Theresa May will raise with US President Donald Trump later Thursday.

US officials released the suspected bomber's name and other details of the investigation into the deadly attack at the Manchester Arena Monday night, irking British investigators scrambling to keep details of the probe confidential.

May said Thursday she would raise leaks with Trump when the pair meet at a NATO summit in Brussels, Belgium.

Arriving at the summit she told reporters the "special relationship" with the US on intelligence sharing is based on trust.

"I will be making clear to President Trump today that intelligence that is shared between law enforcement agencies must remain secure."

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said that only intelligence relating to this particular probe had been suspended, adding that "we quite frankly can't afford to risk it any more."

"It has been compromised by the leaks and we can't afford anymore, so we've taken a temporary decision to say let's clear it out and draw a line, let's not have a row that lingers on. Nobody wants that. But equally we have to make our opinions clear so we can get this relationship back to where we all want it to be," Burnham told CNN.

The US has faced growing criticism from UK lawmakers over the leaks, amid concern they could disrupt the fast-moving investigation into Monday night's attack against concertgoers at Manchester Arena.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/europe/manchester-terror-attack-uk/index.html

Natebishop3 likes this.