Politics EXPOSING THE DEEP STATE

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by MARIS61, Jan 24, 2018.

1. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    More squabbles between the lying-under-oath Traitorous Obama Administration Head Rats. :cheers:

Loretta Lynch accuses Comey of misrepresenting key Clinton probe conversation, was 'quite surprised' by his testimony

By Gregg Re | Fox News

The Lisa Page transcripts reveal a two-tiered justice system, says Georgia Congressman Doug Collins, ranking member on the House Judiciary Committee.

Former Attorney General Loretta Lynch has flatly accused former FBI Director James Comey of mischaracterizing her statements by repeatedly alleging, under oath, that Lynch privately instructed him to call the Hillary Clinton email probe a "matter" instead of an "investigation."

Lynch, who testified that Comey's claim left her "quite surprised," made the dramatic remarks at a closed-door House Oversight Committee hearing last December. A transcript of her testimony was released on Monday by House Judiciary Committee ranking member Doug Collins, R-Ga.

The episode marked the latest public dispute to break out among high-level ex-Obama administration officials, as multiple government reviews of potential FBI and Justice Department misconduct continue.

In a June 17 interview under oath with the House Intelligence Committee, Comey said Lynch had pressed him to downplay the significance of the Clinton email review. He said the moment led him to question her independence and contributed to his decision to unilaterally hold a press conference in July 2016 announcing the conclusions of the probe.

“The attorney general had directed me not to call it an investigation, but instead to call it a matter, which confused me and concerned me," Comey testified. “That was one of the bricks in the load that led me to conclude, ‘I have to step away from the department if we’re to close this case credibly.’”

Comey continued: “The Clinton campaign, at the time, was using all kind of euphemisms — security review, matters, things like that, for what was going on. We were getting to a place where the attorney general and I were both going to have to testify and talk publicly about. And I wanted to know, was she going to authorize us to confirm we had an investigation? ... And she said, ‘Yes, but don’t call it that, call it a matter.' And I said, ‘Why would I do that?’ And she said, ‘Just call it a matter.’”

Comey later said that Lynch's secret airport tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton in the summer of 2016 cemented his assessment that Lynch lacked independence.

But in her testimony in December, Lynch said Comey had completely mischaracterized the situation.

"I did not," Lynch responded when asked if she had ever told Comey to call the investigation a "matter."

"I have never instructed a witness as to what to say specifically. Never have, never will," Lynch continued. "In the meeting that I had with the Director, we were discussing how best to keep Congress informed of progress and discuss requesting resources for the Department overall. We were going to testify separately. And the concern that both of us had in the meeting that I was having with him in September of 2015 was how to have that discussion without stepping across the Department policy of confirming or denying an investigation, separate policy from testifying.

"Obviously, we wanted to testify fully, fulsomely, and provide the information that was needed, but we were not at that point, in September of 2015, ready to confirm that there was an investigation into the email matter -- or deny it," Lynch added. "We were sticking with policy, and that was my position on that. I didn't direct anyone to use specific phraseology. When the Director asked me how to best to handle that, I said: What I have been saying is we have received a referral and we are working on the matter, working on the issue, or we have all the resources we need to handle the matter, handle the issue. So that was the suggestion that I made to him."

Pressed for her reaction to Comey's statements, Lynch said they had come as a shock.

"I was quite surprised that he characterized it in that way," Lynch said. "We did have a conversation about it, so I wasn't surprised that he remembered that we met about it and talked about it. But I was quite surprised that that was his characterization of it, because that was not how it was conveyed to him, certainly not how it was intended."

House Oversight Commitee ranking member Jim Jordan, R-Ohio -- then the panel's chairman -- interjected.

"Excuse me. Ms. Lynch, so in the meeting with the FBI Director you referred to the Clinton investigation as a matter -- I just want to make sure I understand -- but you did not instruct the Director when he testified in front of Congress to call it a matter. Is that accurate?" Jordan asked.

"I said that I had been referring to -- I had been using the phraseology," Lynch responded. "We've received a referral. Because we received a public referral, which we were confirming. And that is Department policy, that when we receive a public referral from any agency, that we confirm the referral but we neither confirm nor deny the investigation. That's actually a standard DOJ policy.

"So in the meeting with the Director, which was, again, around September -- I don't recall the date -- of 2015, it was very early in the investigation, I expressed the view that it was, in my opinion, too early for us to confirm that we had an investigation," Lynch said. " At some point in the course of investigations, as you all know from your oversight, it becomes such common knowledge that we talk about it using the language of investigation and things, but at that point we had not done that and we were not confirming or denying it. We weren't denying it at all. There was, just essentially, in my view, we were following the policy. And when the Director asked me about my thoughts, I said, yes, we had to be -- we had to be completely cooperative and fulsome with Congress for both of us, and that we needed to provide as much information as we could on the issue of resources."

Last week, a high-level dispute over which senior government officials pushed the unverified Steele dossier amid efforts to surveil the Trump campaign has broken out into the open, after it emerged that Attorney General William Barr appointed a U.S. attorney to examine the origins of the Russia investigation and determine if the FBI and DOJ's actions were "lawful and appropriate."

Sources familiar with the records told Fox News that a late-2016 email chain indicated Comey told bureau subordinates that then-CIA Director John Brennan insisted the dossier be included in the intelligence community assessment on Russian interference, known as the ICA. But in a statement to Fox News, a former CIA official put the blame squarely on Comey.

A separate, comprehensive. report from the Justice Department Inspector General (IG) into possible FBI and DOJ misconduct and surveillance abuse is expected within a matter of weeks.

2. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Thanks for the book but I have other things to do like play solitaire.

3. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Playin' solitaire till dawn with a deck of fifty-one
    Smokin' cigarettes and watchin' Captain Kangaroo
    Now don't tell me I've nothin' to do

barfo

Lanny likes this.
  4. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Judicial Watch Sues for Secret FBI Chart of Potential Violations of Law by Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
    MAY 21, 2019

Also suing for Comey’s Talking Points On Clinton Email Decision

(Washington, DC) — Judicial Watch announced today it filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuit against the Department of Justice seeking draft copies of FBI charts containing information on potential “statutory violations” committed by Hillary Clinton in the former secretary of State’s use of a non-secure, non-government email server to conduct government business.

Judicial Watch is also suing for draft copies of talking points prepared by the FBI for its officials to use following then-Director James Comey’s July 2016 press conference during which he recommended against prosecuting Clinton for mishandling classified information.

Judicial Watch filed the lawsuit in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia after the DOJ failed to respond to a December 3, 2018, FOIA request (Judicial Watch v. U.S. Department of Justice (No. 1:19-cv-00800)). Judicial Watch seeks:

1. All final and draft copies of talking points prepared by the FBI for its Executive Assistant Directors (EADs) relating to the “Mid-Year Exam” investigation (“MYE Talking Points) following the July 5, 2016 James Comey press conference in which he indicated he would not recommend prosecuting Hillary Clinton.
    2. All final draft copies of a one-page version of the aforementioned MYE Talking Points created for FBI Special Agents-in-Charge (SACs).
    3. All final and draft copies of charts of the “statutory violations considered during the investigation [of Hillary Clinton’s server], and the reasons for the recommendation not to prosecute.”
    Judicial Watch recently uncovered DOJ records in a related lawsuit showing that three days after then-FBI Director James Comey’s press conference announcing that he would not recommend a prosecution of Clinton. On July 8, 2016, the Special Counsel to the FBI’s executive assistant director in charge of the National Security Branch, whose name is redacted, wrote to Strzok and others that he was producing a “chart of the statutory violations considered during the investigation [of Clinton’s server], and the reasons for the recommendation not to prosecute…”

Neither these talking points nor the chart of potential violations committed by Clinton and her associates have been released.

“Judicial Watch will continue to press for the chart the FBI has been hiding which details possible violations of law by Hillary Clinton” Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton said. “Now that the Mueller investigation has ended, the FBI has the time and manpower to focus on an investigation of Clinton unencumbered by Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page and their anti-Trump colleagues.”

5. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I'd expect nothing more from a guy who so determinedly avoids all contact with reality. :cheers:

6. Lanny

I was gonna say "Countin' flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all" but I figured the people in here would be too young to catch on.

7. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Things will get ugly fast now.

Trump gives AG Barr authority to declassify documents related to 2016 campaign surveillance

By Talia Kaplan, Mike Arroyo | Fox News
    White House to declassify documents; Fox News correspondent David Spunt has the details.

President Trump on Thursday night issued a memo giving Attorney General William Barr the authority to declassify any documents related to surveillance of the Trump campaign in 2016.

Trump also ordered the intelligence community to cooperate with Barr. The memo read: "The heads of elements of the intelligence community... and the heads of each department or agency that includes an element of the intelligence community shall promptly provide such assistance and information as the Attorney General may request in connection with that review."

"Today, at the request and recommendation of the Attorney General of the United States, President Donald J. Trump directed the intelligence community to quickly and fully cooperate with the Attorney General’s investigation into surveillance activities during the 2016 Presidential election," White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement.

"The Attorney General has also been delegated full and complete authority to declassify information pertaining to this investigation, in accordance with the long-established standards for handling classified information. Today’s action will help ensure that all Americans learn the truth about the events that occurred, and the actions that were taken, during the last Presidential election and will restore confidence in our public institutions."

Trump claims his campaign was the victim of "spying," though the intelligence community has insisted it acted lawfully in following leads in the Russia investigation.

The president had told Fox News earlier in May that he would allow declassification "soon." He elaborated, "I didn’t want to do it originally because I wanted to wait, because I know what they -- you know I’ve seen the way they play. They play very dirty."

Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) warrants against former Trump campaign aide Carter Page are currently the subject of a Justice Department inspector general investigation looking at potential misconduct in the issuance of those warrants. That review also reportedly is scrutinizing the role of an FBI informant who had contacts with Trump advisers in the early stages of the Russia investigation.

“I think spying did occur. The question is whether it was adequately predicated,” Barr testified last month, adding that he believed it is his “obligation” to review whether there was misconduct in the original investigation. “Congress is usually very concerned with intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies staying in their proper lane.”

He added that “spying on a political campaign is a big deal.”

President Trump backed the attorney general's testimony, saying the same day Barr testified last month that he thinks what Barr said "was absolutely true," adding, "There was absolutely spying into my campaign.”

Fox News' Catherine Herridge, John Roberts, Brooke Singman and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

8. Lanny

Now that's rich.
    Besides, I took Trump's place in the war and am now forever permanently disabled as a result so I figure I've earned the right to say whatever I want without some petty jerk telling me off. Three times a week and sometimes more often I go through hell for the whole day. I'm unable to walk or run like the rest of you. Oh, and it hurts. I wake up in the middle of the night with pain so great that I can't sleep, every night. So, please keep your petty bullshit remarks withing your circle of friends and leave me out of it.

9. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Oops!
    No one forces you come here and hang your shit on the wall.

MARIS61 likes this.
  10. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I even told you and the crowd once that very thing.
    But then I sort of hoped it would be used wisely.

11. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    Another Obama-appointed Deep State corrupt judge exposed, decision will be overturned, judge likely disbarred.

Judge who upheld Trump subpoena donated to Dems on committee seeking the records

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Trump's attorneys appeal judge's decision to uphold subpoena for president's financial records
    President's legal team accuses Democrats of trying to dig up damaging information ahead of 2020 election; chief White House correspondent John Roberts reports.

The New York federal judge who ruled on Wednesday that the Trump administration must comply with two subpoenas from House Financial Services and Intelligence Committees has donated in the past to a slew of big name Democrats -- including two who currently sit on those committees, federal election filings show.

After an hour of oral arguments, Barack Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos ruled the subpoenas to Deutsche Bank and Capital One have "a legitimate legislative purpose," and that Trump was unlikely to prevail in a lawsuit to quash the requests. Judges have the option to recuse themselves if there is an appearance of bias.

[​IMG]
    U.S. District Judge Edgardo Ramos.

Federal election records show that, when he was a partner at the law firm Day Pitney LLP, Ramos sent $350 to Connecticut Democrat Rep. Jim Himes from 2007 to 2008, as well as $500 to elect New York Rep. Nydia Velazquez in 2010. Himes sits on both the Intelligence and Financial Services Committees, while Velazquez sits on Financial Services.

Ramos also contributed $1,000 to Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand's Senate campaign in 2009, another $1,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, and several thousand dollars over several years to Obama for America.

Trump’s lawyers had asked Ramos to temporarily block Congress from gaining access to the records. They said it was a "safe bet" they would appeal the decision.

Ramos' ruling came two days after another federal judge in Washington upheld a congressional subpoena seeking financial documents dating back to 2011 from Trump accounting firm Mazars USA. It also comes a day after Trump blocked former White House lawyer Don McGhan from appearing before the House Judiciary Committee.

Some congressional Republicans have called the subpoenas an abuse of authority and blasted the Trump-focused investigations.

Rep. Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, the ranking member of the House Oversight Committee, called the inquiry into Mazars USA "an unprecedented abuse of the Committee’s subpoena authority to target and expose the private financial information of the President of the United States.”

12. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    You made a decision to go fight for Standard Oil. Tens of thousands went to court, or jail, or Canada to stand up for their principles and avoid killing strangers in a strange land who were no threat to US. If you're saying you were forced, that's ridiculous. You took the path of least resistance.

Man up and don't blame others for your choices.

13. Lanny

And what about judge Ramos?
    "Judge Edgardo Ramos in New York on Wednesday refused to block subpoenas from the House Intelligence and Financial Services panels for Trump's financial records from Deutsche Bank and Capital One. It's the second such ruling against the President in three days."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/poli...k-house-subpoenas-hearing-new-york/index.html

Are they all out to get him or is it possible that he dosen't know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to the Constitution?

14. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

Schiff says Trump is committing a cover up by declassification of documents. Holy shit this just gets better.

15. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired

Trump is a stable genius that has many achomplishments and has ordered Barr to find some oranges of the Russia investigation and will secure our boarder with a wall. What a genius he has shown to be. :biglaugh:

Lanny likes this.
  16. barfo

See, if you let me decide which information is released and which is not, I can twist the narrative to suit my ends.

You did say that "Trump is committing a coverup".

barfo

17. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    Oh! Funny you should be asking!

18. MarAzul

MarAzul LongShip

Life is good!
    I had no idea what Nancy had in mind here. Cover up what? Apparently you know?

19. barfo

You'll need to ask Bodyman, he's the one who said that.

barfo

20. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    As soon as we find those oranges trumps wants to be found we can then add some apples, bananas, strawberries and make a fruit salad. We already have a fruitcake in the oval office.