F' COMCAST

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by blue9, Sep 26, 2014.

1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I don't know anyone that has Charter cable.

2. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

My advice to the Blazers. This time, when you negotiate a TV deal, don't sell your soul to the devil.

7 reasons Comcast is the most hated company in America

And, that doesn't even mention the way they totally fucked over Blazer fans and local providers with this 10 year monopoly. They lied from the start and continued to lie until everyone just gave up on them ever honoring their commitment to make the Blazers games available to the satellite providers. They had a monopoly, knew it, and weren't about to give it up. Every few years, they'd sign a deal with some minor provider, just to keep from getting successfully sued, but never struck any deals with their real competitors (Dish and DirecTV).

So, if the Blazers want to know my opinion:

Yes, I am willing to pay to watch ALL Blazers games in the comfort of my home in beautiful HD and surround sound, but do not even THINK of talking to Comcast. They proved they will screw over the team and the fans to maintain a monopoly-like hold on the local market by forcing Blazer fans to pay exorbitant prices for their crappy service (see article above), or do without. Do NOT let this happen again!!!

BNM

3. Boob-No-More

Boob-No-More Why you no hire big man coach?

Not Version AND Frontier. Frontier bought FIOS from Version in Oregon and Washington. So, the original deal was with Version FIOS, but then transitioned to Frontier FIOS as part of the sale of the FIOS brand and infrastructure. So basically, Frontier FIOS and Charter are your alternatives to Comcast - if you happen to be one of the handful of households that has those options available. Comcast swore up and down when the deal was announced that they were "close to reaching an agreement" with the satellite providers. They swore the same thing again a year later, and anytime it suited their purpose. Well, what's it been, over nine years now, and we are no closer to having Blazers games on Dish Network and DirecTV than the day the deal was signed. Fucking liars.

BNM

4. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

Well shit, I didn't always read content on whatever that Comcast website is. I didn't even know the url until SlyPokerDog kindly posted it here. Without him doing that I feel ill never find that website again. Oh well, there are plenty of great takes on our team on other websites. I think I'll be able to manage not reading Comcast articles anymore.

5. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

Looks like its time for one of my favorite videos again.

[video=youtube;0ilMx7k7mso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ilMx7k7mso[/video]

Strenuus likes this.
  6. OneLifeToLive

OneLifeToLive Well-Known Member

Re: FUCK COMCAST

In the end its about the money and not what the fans think. If that's not the case let the Blazers prove it and force the hands of companies like Comcast.

I truly do think this oranization right now just due to the revenue it brings in would sign a similar contract to what they signed still knowing what they know.

BTW. Comcast isn't the only issue. Directv is way worse.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  7. PDXFonz

PDXFonz I’m listening

So you're saying we need signatures on a petition stating we will boycot the blazers if they re up with Comcast?

8. OneLifeToLive

Whatever works :)

9. OneLifeToLive

To me, all this comes down to one thing. The Monopoly of the Sunday Ticket...It's caused a ton of problems. If the NFl would open it up to all companies. You would see some of this go away. So I blame directv and the NFL.

10. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

The NFL will meet it's demise in the next couple of decades. It will be a joy to watch.

11. julius

julius Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

singer songwriter
    Haven't had time to skim through the responses, so forgive me if this was already posted.

I'm talking an online network thing.

they could do an online pre and post game show, streamed online etc, after every game.

12. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

This. And I'll add:

I've gotten to the point where I don't even care if Comcast were to sell the rights to Dish/Direct, or if the Blazers were to enter into a new agreement with Dish/Direct. I'm NEVER going back to "cable" again. Period. If the Blazers won't sell me a game package through a service like Netflix or Amazon then I'll just pirate the games via the internet. But I would MUCH RATHER pay for a season subscription (just so long as it's not through a "cable" company) with a high quality feed.

So there you have it, PTB. I'm willing to give you my money. If you can't figure out a way to make the transaction work based on the terms outlined above, then you won't get a cent from me because I'm never giving money to a "cable" company again.

13. donkiez

donkiez Well-Known Member

For all the people talking about Frontier as a alternative to Comcast, I just switched from Frontier to Comcast. Frontiers product and customer service are complete crap and much worse and more expensive than comcast. As much as I hate comcast for the blazer fiasco I actually like their xfinity product and their on demand set up. They could use some competition as motivation to get their internet speeds boosted but it suits our needs.

Google fiber please save us.

14. blue9

blue9 Well-Known Member

Huh. I guess we're both talking about the same sort of thing. I wasn't aware that's how the WWE (or whatever it is) thing operated. But yeah - that's gotta be the future of televised entertainment.

15. OneLifeToLive

Frontiers customer service is crap. Comcast has an obligation to answer their phones within 30 secs or less 90% of the time or face a fine from the FCC. I have experience with both customer services and Comcast's is superior. Their product is superior and they are doing all they can do to improve what they do.

Comcast is no different than any other cable. They are a public utility. Because they are there is no competiton for what they provide. And because of this they fall behind. But they get raw deal and I think they try to their best. It's a numbers game and they have more than can handle. They won't admit to it but it's the case.

16. Strenuus

When is the check coming from Comcast?

Frontiers customer service, if it were a pack of wolves on downers, would be far superior to anything Comcast could muster up. And frontier isn't even that good. But comcast should never have "Superior customer service" attached to them.

17. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Just rated this thread 5 stars!

18. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    Conform to Comcast!!!! I blame ObamaCare

19. OneLifeToLive

Let me just say there is NOTHING like waiting on hold for twenty minutes waiting to speak to someone to downgrade my services only to find out when getting to someone that I'm in the 'wrong' dept only to be put on hold for another fourth mins waiting for someone in the 'right' dept. This is standard for Frontier. Because they are not held to the same criteria your local cable company is held too. So what do they do? They exploit it.

20. Strenuus

Funny, I have the same exact story for comcast.

I have Frontier internet, and whenever we've had trouble, we've been helped right away.

Should I recommend a raise for you to Comcast?