Fact or fiction

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by NEfool, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Buckets

Buckets JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: Paul Pierce plays SF more than SG for the celtics and probably will continue from what I know, but if he ends up playing more SG this upcoming year than yes they will be the best backcourt duo in the Eastern Conference.

Fact or Fiction: Gary Payton will be back to the top and make the All-Defensive team and All Star team both for the last time in his career?

2. NEfool

NEfool JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction: Maybe all-star team but i dont think he is all defensive team atrial anymore, though i do think he is still gunna be a beast on the defense end. He has just lost some of his speed.

Fact or Fiction: West will play more than 15 minutes a game.

3. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Fiction: West will play more than 15 minutes a game.
    </div>

Right now, that's looking like Fact. They aren't going to want to force GP to play more than 25-30 a night. If he really is losing his legs, then let's keep his minutes as effective as possible, while developing and strengthening the rookie PG prosect.

<font color="DarkGreen">Fact or Fiction: Tony Allen averages more than 2.5 steals a game.</font>

4. NEfool

Fiction: I would say yes if were to get the minutes but i dont see that happening.

Fact or Fiction? Gary gets 2 steals a night

5. hagrid

hagrid JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction? Gary gets 2 steals a night</div>

Fact, assuming he plays more than 20 mins a night.

Fact or Fiction: Mark Blount has a > 48%FG this season.

6. NEfool

Fiction: i think he will shot over 48% simply beacuse hopely most of his shots will be fast break layups, easy jumpers, and put backs

Fact or Fiction? West will average over 7 ppg

7. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Tough one....
    I'll say Fact, but just barely. He will see open 3's and mid-range jumpers, and he certainly can knock those down. I like what I see in West, actually much more than I ever did in Banks. I think West can do a better job of getting others involved and running the offense. Oh yeah, he can shoot too!

Fact or Fiction? After all is said and done, Delonte West will be a better player than Marcus Banks.

8. Buckets

Fact: Delonte West has Gary Payton, one of the greatest players in the history of the NBA to learn the position from. Im sure Gary can groom him into a great if not awesome point gaurd.

Fact or Fiction: The Celtics will make it to the conference semi-finals?

9. NEfool

Fact: i like there linup and they are in a weak division, a very dadly combonation

Fact or Fiction? The celtics will make a run at trying to aquire Stromile Swift

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Fiction, I think Ainge and Rivers are content with what they have at the 4 spot. However, if they could work a sign and trade that would involve Raef Lafrentz, than it would be a strong possibility. The problem with that is Memphis probably doesn't want Lafrentz.

Fact or Fiction? Danny Ainge has had the most productive offseason in recent Celtic's history.

11. NEfool

Fact: He drafted well, something we havent done since paul pierce. Not to mention picked up 1 of the best point guards of my generation

Fact or Fiction? By the all-star break there will be little or no more danny bashers

12. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Fiction - Danny Ainge is one of the worst GM's of all time. Antoine Walker, while overrated, did play the Celtic style of ball -- jacking up threes AIMLESSLY, with no regard for the game of basketball. Regardless, the trade that involved him was not a good one. By the allstar break everyone will be laughing at Ainge for actually expecting GP to be the player that he once was.

Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce is a top 10 player. (if you feel that he is, please name the other 9 in your response).

13. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Jurassic:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction - Danny Ainge is one of the worst GM's of all time. Antoine Walker, while overrated, did play the Celtic style of ball -- jacking up threes AIMLESSLY, with no regard for the game of basketball. Regardless, the trade that involved him was not a good one. By the allstar break everyone will be laughing at Ainge for actually expecting GP to be the player that he once was.

Fact or Fiction: Paul Pierce is a top 10 player. (if you feel that he is, please name the other 9 in your response).</div>

If you only come here to bash the Celtics, Boston, and Ainge, please just avoid this forum. There's no need for pointless trolling and bashing.

BTW- Nobody is asking Payton to be what he once was, this is actually more of a salary move than a a trade to improve the team.

I'll say borderline fact, Pierce is #8
    1. Tim Duncan
    2. Kevin Garnett
    3. Shaquille O'Neal
    4. Kobe Bryant
    4. Tracy McGrady
    6. Jason Kidd
    7. Jermaine O'Neal
    8. Paul Pierce
    9. Dirk Nowitski
    10. Yao/Marbury/Peja

FoF- River's gets fired/quits within two seasons.

14. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Fiction, he and Ainge know that it takes 3+ years to build a contender.

Fact of Fiction? 1) We should all ignore Jurassic's posts.
    2) Delonte will lead Rooks in 3Point%

15. ranter

ranter JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting 44caliberThrila:</div><div class="quote_post">2) Delonte will lead Rooks in 3Point%</div>

Fact - in part because nobody knows how to shoot anymore.

Fact or fiction: One or more Celtics rookies will be in the Rookies vs. Sophmores game at the all star break.

16. Buckets

Fact: I think all three celtics rookies will make the Rookie Squad for allstar weekend, I mean Al Jefferson is a beast at everything, Allen plays hardnose Defense, and West can score, being St.Joe's 2nd in scoring after Jameer Nelson I think.

Fact or Fiction: Al Jefferson will be a candidate for ROY?

17. NEfool

Fiction: Simply because he wont start unless raef goes down

Fact or Fiction? Hagrid has the best sig

18. celtics589

celtics589 JBB JustBBall Member

fiction: nah dude. antawnnwizards3 has the best sig. sorry dawg antawnnwizards sig is off the hizzy.

fact or fiction? ricky davis will be in the starting line up and he'll be sick nasty.

19. celtics589

celtics589 JBB JustBBall Member

fiction: im sorry sir but i do not think ricky will start over jiri and ricky will probably be traded.

fact or fiction? I am a Schizophrenic.

20. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Fact....huh?

Fact or Fiction? Yogi Stewart will be traded for Kevin Garnett, straight up.