Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

I?m sure most of you have already seen these threads throughout the forum, so it?s nothing new. However, make sure you go by these rules.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">NOTE:

After a discussion between the JBB moderators and administrators, we have decided to keep these 'fact or fiction' threads, as they are a handy way to discuss the team during the offseason in a light-hearted manner. Please make sure they stay on topic though, any <u>off topic posts</u> will be deleted immediately. In other words, if you don't want to talk about the team in question, don't post. Thanks and happy discussing!

Regards,
    <font color="Blue">Supersonic</font>
    JBB Moderator.</div>

Fact or Fiction: Will anyone with the exception of Allen Iverson make the All-Star Team?

2. Billy King

Billy King JBB JustBBall Member

had shaq not come to the east, i think sammy would have had a chance. but no, fiction.

3. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Ficton, (wow I can't beleave it either) but I think one of the Sixers young players (Green, Korver, Dalembert) will have a big impact on the Sixers sucsuss thus one will be voted in...Where the Sixers stand in the East also has something to do with it...

Fact or Ficton...The Sixers will get past the first 2 rounds of the playoffs

4. Billy King

Billy King JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Courtking031:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Fact or Ficton...The Sixers will get past the first 2 rounds of the playoffs</div>

baring injury, fact. [​IMG]

i have to believe that.

fact or fiction - the following sixers will participate in the allstar weekend: green, korver and andre?

5. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

hahaha wow good one but i wud have to say fiction....i think korver and andre can be in the all star saturday events if they want and obviously u no wat events they'll be in but i dont think willie will be chosen for the all star reserve considering james,wade,pierce,redd,its impossible for him to be chosen unless he avergaes like 25 points

6. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Billy King:</div><div class="quote_post">baring injury, fact. [​IMG]

i have to believe that.

fact or fiction - the following sixers will participate in the allstar weekend: green, korver and andre?</div>
    Fiction. Even though Korver could be a possibility again for the shootout, I don't see it as being likely that he gets chosen again.

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will catch the injury bug before December?

7. iversonfan3

iversonfan3 JBB JustBBall Member

o ya my question....

f/f:will iverson be considered one of the most famous players in the history of the game like jordan,bird,magic,wilt or these good player but not house hold names like bernard king,gervin,andrew toney,cheeks...etc

8. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">/f:will iverson be considered one of the most famous players in the history of the game like jordan,bird,magic,wilt or these good player but not house hold names like bernard king,gervin,andrew toney,cheeks...etc</div>

Fact. He's already marketers dream, even though his marketing value has decreased because of the likes of LeBron James and Carmelo Anyhonty. He?s still one of those marketable players and is/will be on the most famous players in history.

Fact of Fiction: Will Allen Iverson become a 10-time All-Star before he retires?

9. dond

dond JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact. He's already marketers dream, even though his marketing value has decreased because of the likes of LeBron James and Carmelo Anyhonty. He?s still one of those marketable players and is/will be on the most famous players in history.

Fact of Fiction: Will Allen Iverson become a 10-time All-Star before he retires?</div>

I do not believe so ...

Just another comment on the technique involved in this FACT or FICTION stuff... Your FACT or FICTION statement should not be a question. A question is not FACT or FICTION .... Make it a statement for which we can decide if it will be true or not.

FACT or FICTION: Jim Obrien will coach the Sixers for at least 3 years.

10. Erin

Fact. Although I haven't seem him coach us yet, I believe JO will do a decent job. He's a man from Philly and I believe he'll do whatever it takes to make us winners.

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">FACT or FICTION: Jim Obrien will coach the Sixers for at least 3 years.</div>

Fact! I think his system will go well in Philly, they will go far in the playoffs...I don't see them getting a new coach for the next 5 years...

F/F: Glenn Robinson will be traded by the end of the offseason.

12. dond

dond JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction

It is a close call but I think GRob will prove valuable in the OB system. He can shoot lights out and he might get an opportunity to show that. I think they will probably keep him unless some great comes along.

13. KBC

KBC JBB JustBBall Member

Fact or Fiction: Dalembert will win the Most Improved Player Award

14. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fact: With a lack of good big men in the East bedies Big Ben and Shaq Dalembert will continue to shine. He will average about 15 and 10. Everyone knows how destructive Iverson can be with a good big man and this'll show it.

Fact or Fiction: A trade involving one of our yonug players such as Kyle Korver of John Salmons happens before the trade dedline this year.

15. Erin

Fiction. Dalembert will have a great season but the Sixers getting reconized for something other than AI? Doubt that will happen even if it should.

Fact or Fiction (since no one answered mine last time): The Sixers will catch the injury bug before December?

16. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

Nice idea to get the forum back up again Avery.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting That NBA Girl:</div><div class="quote_post">The Sixers will catch the injury bug before December?</div>
    Fiction. I see this team being way better conditioned than last year. Jim knows what's at stake here, if they lose out players to an injury that causes the team to not reach the playoffs once again, then he'll be gone. So far he has had a loose way of handeling the media, and running things on an entirely different level, and preaching his own philosophy, which is alright, but behind the scenes he needs to adjust the guys to what they know best, the Larry Brown type of conditioning and discipline.

17. Avery

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers have a legitimate chance of beating the Pistons, Pacers or Heat if they reach the NBA Playoffs.

18. Erin

No, maybe and possibly. When I look at Miami, the only huge threat I see is mainly Shaq. I mean, they have a good team but getting past Shaq is the main thing. So, I wouldn't be to sure about Miami. Indiana is a maybe. They're a good team but I think we could beat them. Detroit... it could go either way but I see it not happening.

19. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

F/F: Andre Iguodala will start more games this year then Willie Green.

20. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">F/F: Andre Iguodala will start more games this year then Willie Green.</div>

Fiction. If we Willie Green would happen to get injured or doesn?t live up to the expectations, I see Aaron Mckie starting in his place. However, I think Andre Iguodala will get a couple starts, but no more than 5.

Fact or Fiction: Allen Iverson will get yet another scoring title this upcoming season.