Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Billy King

Billy King JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">

Fact or Fiction: Allen Iverson will get yet another scoring title this upcoming season.</div>

that's a tough one.

you've got o'brien wanting iverson to fire up everything, allen on the other hand seems to want other guys to get more shots.
    tmac has a few more options in houston, shaq has no kobe (fga +), kobe has no shaq (fga ++) [​IMG]

but i'll go with fiction.

2. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Since noone made one I will [​IMG]

Fact or Fiction: Billy King does a blockbuster deak involving Glenn Robinson before the season starts.

3. Erin

Erin JBB JustBBall Member

Ficton. I've heard JO talk about having Glenn involved for next season so I don't really think it will happen. If it does happen, it will happen before the trade deadline or after the season is over.

4. Billy King

Billy King JBB JustBBall Member

fact or fiction: philly head into the allstar break with a winning record.

5. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">fact or fiction: philly head into the allstar break with a winning record.</div>

Fact. And as Sasha mentioned before, I think this team will be much more conditioned under Jim O'Brien. And if we stay healthy I don't see why we can't having an overall winning record, or a winning record by the AS break.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson will get traded if the Sixers fail to make the Playoffs.

6. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Fiction. Philadelphia loves AI too much,people of Philadelphia would do something to Billy King and King knows it.There isn't a player who the fans would want in return (huh,maybe LeBron or some young star :P )

Fact or Fiction:Sixers will have 2 all-stars next season.

7. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction:Sixers will have 2 all-stars next season.</div>

Fact. Well aside from Iverson of course, I think Kenny Thomas will make the All-Star team. If Thomas continues from where he left off last season, I think he will make the All-Star team by the skin of his teeth.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson will compete for the MVP next season

8. subrock

subrock JBB JustBBall Member

Fiction. In order for that to happen, the sixers will have to be at least 10 games above .500 and I don't think that would happen. Scoring champ, maybe, but your team have to be very good if you want the MVP.

9. subrock

subrock JBB JustBBall Member

oh yea, Fact or Fiction : Willie Green will average more than 12pts per game.

10. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting subrock:</div><div class="quote_post">oh yea, Fact or Fiction : Willie Green will average more than 12pts per game.</div>
    Fact. Green played like a vetern last season as he was placed in the starting lineup do to injuries. This season with a full nba season under his belt and no injuries as he plays his first full year at the starting 2 he will average 14 to 15 points and be philly's second or third leading scorer and most improved player barring trade or injuries.

Fact or ficition. The sixers will make a trade or signing for a big man before the pre season starts?

11. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or ficition. The sixers will make a trade or signing for a big man before the pre season starts?</div>

Fact! I think they will trade for a big man, but nothing huge. Maybe a trade involing Buckner...

Fact or Ficton - The Sixers will be over .500 at the all-star break...

12. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fact: I think someone already asked this quesetion and with them being in the Atlantic Divison, They look like the best in their division right now. Sixers are a great team,but last year injurys plauged their asses.

Fact or Fiction: Sammy Dalembert averages a double double.

13. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Hard to tell but Im going to say fiction,he doesnt have much of an offensive game so most of his points will be put mack and alley oops,I think he will average about 9rpg though,I dont think he will have an offensive game until later in his career and then it will come to him.

Fact or Fiction:Another super star will be playing along side AI next season.

14. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction:Another super star will be playing along side AI next season.</div>

Fiction. I don't see this happening. I see him getting a better supporting cast down the line. And with all these players the Sixers have under contract, I highly doubt they would have the money to get another superstar.

Fact of Fiction: The Sixers have a change of reaching the NBA Finals

15. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. I don't see this happening. I see him getting a better supporting cast down the line. And with all these players the Sixers have under contract, I highly doubt they would have the money to get another superstar.

Fact of Fiction: The Sixers have a change of reaching the NBA Finals</div>

Fiction: With the Heat, And Pistons the Sixers cannot get there. A COnderence finals is possible though. THe Heat and THe Pistons will prove too much for the Sixers. The Pacers will also give them a good fight. Sixers wil have to make it past At least one of thoses teams and I don't think the Sixers can do it. [​IMG] Next year they will though. THey will be a contender next year.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson gets top 3 in MVP voting this year because of his determination.

16. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: Iverson gets top 3 in MVP voting this year because of his determination.</div>

Fiction. With Shaq more determined than ever, and the last two reigning MVP's still playing at their best it would very difficult for Iverson to rank Top 3 in MVP voting. However, a Top 5 could be possible.

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will ring with Iverson the team

17. TheAnswerIsAi3

TheAnswerIsAi3 BBW Member

Fiction: If your talkin about Sixers winning a ring that is...I dont think they can win a ring with the Phoenix Suns and Detriot Pistons in the league right now lol....i think the Suns will get it this year.

FACT OR FICTION: Iverson be better at the PG position than he is at the SG position and score more points and assist more.

18. N4S

N4S BBW Member

Fiction : even with the ball in his hands more I think he pass off a little more and he will also no be catching the ball off screens that much any more and this is where he gets most of his points.

Fact/Fiction = Iguodala will showcase highlight dunks in this season's upcoming dunk contest.

19. B.e.

B.e. The One Who Score Touchdowns and Spikes Mics

Fact-He said he would think about doing the Dunk Contest but other factors like health come in so I'm not sure.But if he does enter I know he will respresent.

Fact or Fiction-Kyle Korver will win a three point contest before his career is over.

20. Avery

Fiction. I could see him shooting the three-ball exceptionally well, however I doubt he will ever win the 3-Point contest. I think he may re-enter the contest in the near future, but I think he will come up short. But despite, him not winning a 3-Point contest, I believe by the time he retires he will be remembered as a very great 3-Point shooter.

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will be EC contenders if they acquire a player like Abdur-Rahim