Fact Or Fiction

Discussion in 'Philadelphia 76ers' started by Avery, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Avery:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction. I could see him shooting the three-ball exceptionally well, however I doubt he will ever win the 3-Point contest. I think he may re-enter the contest in the near future, but I think he will come up short. But despite, him not winning a 3-Point contest, I believe by the time he retires he will be remembered as a very great 3-Point shooter.

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will be EC contenders if they acquire a player like Abdur-Rahim</div>
    Fact they are eastern contenders right now at this point. Do to the fact that the Pacers never seem to be able to get it done in the playoffs since they reached the finals and lost to the lakers they suffered a horrible lost to the celtics in a sweep 2 years ago and this season nearly lost to the heat.

The Sixers will likely get the 3rd overall seed if they can beat out the knicks who I believe will have chemistry problems do to to many bad shots by crawford and if they trade kurt thomas not having a solid big man is gona be bad for them. Even if they sign dampier there is no guarentee do to the only good season he had being a contract year.

If we get raheem that only further helps our case we have a pretty solid front line at this point one free agent signing like a clark or someone tall like hunter could put us over the top.

Fact or Fiction. Willie Green will win Most Improved Player.

2. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fact: Now that Willie has a starting position, he will really get to prove what he capable of. I know we all saw his true ppotential at the end of last year when Iverson was out. Him and Sammy will compete for that award though, but I see Willie scoring more points, because of how Jim O Birens offense works and he likes the back court taking the shots.

Fact or Fiction: Iverson will average 25+ and 8+.

3. Avery

Avery JBB IDIOT!! GOSH!!!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: Iverson will average 25+ and 8+.</div>

Fact. With an injured Iverson averaging 26 PPG, as well as just under 7 Assists last season, I think a 25+, 8+ season is possible. With a more offensive oriented player like Willie Green in the starting line-up, that will give Iverson that one extra assists that Snow couldn't provide him with. So I definitely think it?s possible.

<u>Allen Iverson (04-05)</u>

PPG- 28.5
    APG- 8.1

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will miss Eric Snow

4. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fact: Eric Snow was a key part of our team and held us together. I miss him, and I absolutley cant believe we traded him for KEvin Ollie and KEdrick Brown. We could've definetly gotten something better.

Fact of Fiction:Sammy becomes a top 3 center someday.

5. subrock

subrock JBB JustBBall Member

that's a tough one but I'd go with fact. He's got a long way to go to get into that rank, but if he can show that he can be a consistent starter next year, then it is a possibility.

Fact or Fiction: Corliss Williamson will be our best sixth man and will contribute alot for the team.

6. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: Corliss Williamson will be our best sixth man and will contribute alot for the team.</div>

I'll just say fiction, because I think if Aaron Mckie is healthy and stays on top of his game, he is going to be a vital part to this team. Whether or not he will be the 6th man for the team? only time can tell. I think it well be a toss up. I could see the both of them producing in different ways.

Fact or Fiction: The Sixers will win 45 Games this season.

7. Martin

Martin Back from retirement

Fiction,Sixers will win more :P

Fact or Fiction: No player drops 50 against the Sixers next season

8. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact or Fiction: No player drops 50 against the Sixers next season</div>

Fiction/Fact. That not much, of a statement or anything. Any player can drop 50 on any team. When a player is red hot, it doesn?t matter what kind of defense you throw at that player, if he?s mean to drop 50 he will drop 50. Take Allen Iverson on a day that's he's feeling it, Detroit wouldn't be able to stop him from dropping 50. These are just things that happen. A real statement would be whether a team will be able to score 120 Points on the Sixers, but a player dropping 50 is something that can happen on any given day.

Fact or Fiction: Allen Iverson and Jim O?Brien will have trouble co-existing with each other.

9. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fiction: I believe AI can operate very well with Jim O Brian and so far Iverson seems to like him a llot and first acuntinces mean a lot so I think Jim O Brian could creat a good offense that AI can work really well in and make the SIxers serious play off contenders.

Fact or Fiction: John SAlmons becomes an all-star sometime in his career.

10. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction: I believe AI can operate very well with Jim O Brian and so far Iverson seems to like him a llot and first acuntinces mean a lot so I think Jim O Brian could creat a good offense that AI can work really well in and make the SIxers serious play off contenders.

Fact or Fiction: John SAlmons becomes an all-star sometime in his career.</div>
    Fact. he jsut is not getting the minutes with the 76ers franchise he needs. He is prejected to be the next scottie pippen and has a great three pointer from the corner as well as being a good free throw shooter. Depending which conference he spends the most time in and if he developes some consistansy he will be a future all star.

F/F Allen Iverson will finish his career as a 76er.

11. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

fiction- he is going to find some way to complain and then he will not want to stay

12. CMaTT

CMaTT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ace2k2:</div><div class="quote_post">Fact: Eric Snow was a key part of our team and held us together. I miss him, and I absolutley cant believe we traded him for KEvin Ollie and KEdrick Brown. We could've definetly gotten something better.</div>

FICTION: Eric Snow was a key part of our team, when we were a half-court team. I really believe Jim Obrien's offense will be 100% different. We will though miss his defense. That is where Kevin Ollie will come in. And Ollie is a nice backup PG. That's all...nothing for his offense, just his passing/defense. Brown is a nice shooter, if he gets the minutes, should be productive.

13. CMaTT

CMaTT JBB JustBBall Member

FACT: 76ers will be on top of the atlantic, and will win 49-53 games this season. With the upload of their bench and youth, the 76ers (remaining healthy) will have the best record for the atlantic. They still wil not go higher than #3 in the conference.

FACT: with the new realignment, the Toronto Raptors will be more competitive this season, than any before. They will be the ones giving the 76ers a run for the division, not NY and def not NJ.

14. Avery

CMaTT try editing your post next time. There is only a 4 minute differential between the two posts, so there is no reason why you couldn?t have implant what you had in the 2nd post into the 1st post.

15. Diesel

Diesel BBW Member

Fact or Fiction: Iverson makes the All NBA First Team this year.

16. buying the cow

buying the cow JBB JustBBall Member

fiction....it'll be kobe,tmac,kg,duncan,shaq...as usual

f/f.....bily king still has something up his sleeves this offseason

17. Sex Panther

Sex Panther works every time.

Ask.
    Fact. I believe this will be the final roster for this upcoming season.

F/F: Iggy will put up more than 15 points.

18. LebronKINGJames

LebronKINGJames JBB JustBBall Member

fact

f/f allen iverson(and the other teamates) will be booed when he enters the nba stadiums because they did not get gold in the olympics

19. bbwTwinTowers

bbwTwinTowers BBW Member

Fact: It is sad to say but it will probaly be true. With Melo saying they will get the gold and not getting. I would say definitley, not each player but some will.

F/F:The DC and Williamson trade will come haunt the Sixers.

20. Avery

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">f/f allen iverson(and the other teamates) will be booed when he enters the nba stadiums because they did not get gold in the olympics</div>

Fiction. Their commitment and dedication to their country to play overseas was good enough. If the fans have dignity and respect for their players they should praise them for that. So if anything they will get a huge ovation.