Fact or Fiction

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by Iron Shiek, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Iron Shiek:</div><div class="quote_post">The difference is that you answer the question in fact or fiction.</div>

Fact = true.
    Fiction = false.

Still not seeing a difference pup.

2. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

The difference is that this is a Fact or Fiction thread that is supposed to ignite relevant Sonic debates.

True or False, w/o an explanation, are for school tests. I'd like to generate some sort of discussion in this forum during our incredibly dull offseasons.

My last question is still in play.

3. monty001

monty001 Sonics belong in Seattle

Fact: but it comes with some if's...

I think that IF the team starts winning some games, and goes past the first round of the playoffs, and IF a new stadium is built...then I think that Seattle will get a little more attention VIA free agency. It's a tough question because we still don't know a whole lot about the new group of owners. Atleast not until the sale is final and complete. Clay and his crew have to show that they are willing to spend the $$$, then free agents will come.

(feel free to write a better answer)

Fact or Fiction: Earl Watson will start some games during the season over Luke Ridnour (not due to injury).

4. psheehy

psheehy Beaten down by the "MAN"

Fiction: In Bob Hill's system Luke will regain his confidence and maintain his preseason shooting touch. Hill will bring Watson in for Allen in the first and third while swapping out Ridnour for Allen to start the second and the fourth much like last year. Luke will be given the opportunity to finish games but Hill will likely look to game situation and matchup to determine who closes the game. If they are ahead and need to hold a tight lead, Watson will play with the best shot blocker at the five spot. If they are far behind, Hill will go with a three guard lineup with Earl at the 1, Luke at the 2 Ray at the 3, Lewis at the 4 and Wilcox at the 5. Luke lost confidence early last season in Weiss' system despite showing a fire and nice shooting touch in preseason play. This year he will come back ready to overcome his slump and establish his position in the rotation. His ability to start games quickly and get some nice lobs to the wings and running bigs on the break will create favorable scoring. When Watson comes in, Hill will put him on the better guard on defense to maintain any momentum from early dunks and Ray's torrid shooting by preventing the other team from going on a late quarter scoring burst.

Fact or Fiction:
    Wilcox will show a renewed focus on defense, draw .25 charges per game and average 1.5 blocks per game.

5. umair

umair "Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

Fact=True
    Fiction: Fake, Not Real, meaning false.

6. Shard

Shard Hi2u

I was actually making a joke about the true/false thing.

7. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fiction: I don't know who keeps track of charges a game, but I don't think Wilcox is consistent enough to block 1.5 shots a game. He'll get 2 or 3 some nights, 0 the next.

Fact or Fiction: The forum is in an uproar over the return of Casual.

8. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Fiction - who the hell is Casual? I want Odde back though, that guy was cool.

F/F - One of Luke Ridnour and Rashard Lewis will be gone by the deadline, assuming neither sign extensions before the summer deadline?

9. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Fiction: I don't believe anyone who trades for Rashard Lewis is going to be willing to pay him 25 million dollars over the next two years and even if they would Sweet Lew would be an unrestricted free agent the following year and could pick the team of his choice. W/ no guarantees that he would resign with the team that trades for him I doubt many GM's would give up significant talent in order to rent his services. Ultimately I believe that he will go through the year w/ no extension and then sign a multiyear extension w/ the Sonics following the season. Sort of how Ray Allen contract played out in 2005.

Luke on the other hand is also not a player that I believe would generate enough interest around the league for a team to give up a significant piece for. Plus he is a restricted free agent so we'd be willing to let the market dictate how much he is worth to us. We are the thinnest at the point guard spot so I imagine that Luke will be with the team the entire year.

Fact or Fiction:

Ronald Murray will get a warm reception from the Sonics faithful when he returns to Key Arena on March 13, 2007. (It's been a while since he's been mentioned in this forum)

10. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fiction: Most Seattle fans barely don't what a 3-second violation means, much less who Ronald Murray is.

Fact or Fiction: The spectre of Clay Bennet hanging over the franchise will motivate the players to win more games for the city of Seattle.

11. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Fiction - who the hell is Casual? I want Odde back though, that guy was cool.</div>

thank you mr. mockford. this theater needs alot of love, coupled with baby due any day. not much time for forums. i still read you guys from time to time.

fiction.
    nba players play for contracts. there really isn't much hometown pride in the nba anymore.

f/f one of our young bigs is a future all-star.

12. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

Sene has clearly has potential.

Ray Allen retires a Sonic?

13. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fact. Not even Isiah would take that contract for a 31 year old.

Fact or fiction: Earl Watson is better than Luke Ridnour.

14. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Fiction. Luke is more talented and capable of being alot better if he was more consistent. Watson is steady.

F/F - Skita will play basketball during an actual game for the Sonics this year.

15. Semmi

Semmi JBB JustBBall Member

Fact : Bob will give him a chance if he works hard on practice sessions...and I hope he will...at least at the beginning of the season.

F/F : Sonics surprise the entire league like season 2004/05, reach play-offs compete for NW title and coach Hill would be mentioned as a candidate for coach of the year.

16. Casual

Casual JBB First Team

Fiction. We sux

Fact or fiction: RoboSwift is a better dancer than Mark Madsen.

17. odde23

Fiction: Only Jerry Springer is a better dancer than Mad Dawg.

F/F: We are still, hands down, the worst defensive team in the L.

18. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

False.

F/F - Ray Allen will have the best 3pt FG% out of all the Sonics in the coming season.

19. odde23

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Pakman:</div><div class="quote_post">False.

F/F - Ray Allen will have the best 3pt FG% out of all the Sonics in the coming season.</div>

You can't just say "false". You have to give an explaination my little circular yellow pill popper.

20. Pakman

Pakman JBB ITS ON ME!!!

False. Raptors have their share of problems rebounding, blocking, and stealing. Their overall defense isn't that great either.

F/F - Ray Allen will have the best 3pt FG% out of all the Sonics in the coming season.