Fan Fest Tonight - 5pm

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by PapaG, Oct 3, 2008.

1. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates, everyone!

Rudy and Aldridge dominating doesn't really surprise me. Neither does the fact that Oden looked rusty out there. I'm still a bit concerned that some fans are not going let him ease into playing again without going overboard with the "bust" word. He needs more time to get back into playing shape.

2. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

I really appreciate all the updates. I was hoping to hear Oden playing great but it really is going to take him a good portion of the year getting back in shape and his basketball skills again. Thanks

3. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    Oden was going at half speed, as I believe he was instructed to go. One time he got the ball in the low post, and Joel had both hands and a hip on Greg, using a LOT of effort to keep Greg from backing closer to the hoop. Greg moved him back like he was Travis Outlaw.

4. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

The nice thing is that even a rusty Oden is a huge benefit for this team - since he opens Aldridge and when he goes out - we get Joel... Compare it to last year - when Joel was down the team was small and under-powered. Not going to happen anymore.

Once he gets in game shape and gets his swagger back - this team is going to put a lot of fear in a lot of people.

5. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    Seriously? Damn!

6. BlazerWookee

BlazerWookee UNTILT THE DAMN PINWHEEL!

Gear Finisher
    I think the benefactor of having Oden on the floor will be LaMarcus Aldridge. He won't see more than a half-dozen double teams all season, lol...

7. mook

mook The 2018-19 season was the best I've seen

Buy a recipe binder at CookbookPeople.com
    Dang. Przybilla isn't the quickest guy, but he's always been a pretty immovable object in the post. Guys go around him, not through him. Shaq being the major exception.

If we make the playoffs this year, whatever center we go up against is going to be exhausted by the end of the series.

8. The Professional Fan

The Professional Fan Big League Scrub

Oden was definitely going at half speed. But the guy was triple teamed every time they passed it to him on the block which leaves guys open which is a good thing especially for Aldridge. When Oden did back guys in, he was a force. Guys were flying off him. I was 5 rows off the court, and my god Oden is retarded HUGE! But I could clearly tell he wasn't going 100%. Honestly, he didn't look like he was having any fun whatsoever, and that was the only discouraging thing to me.

RUDY!!!!!!!!! Already has cemented himself as the new fan favorite. The pass between Jackson's legs was just incredible. His shot fell off in the 2nd half, but the 1st half he was on fire from 3. He was having fun, too. He seems to already have developed a rapport with the guys. And he's very responsive to the coaches instructions. I was close to the "white team" bench and Rudy had no problem understanding the coaches, and believe me, they were coaching. That surprised me. The coaches used this game to teach. Demopoulos looked very serious in the huddle. It was good to see.

I got to see Outlaw on the way in and I showed him my "Fuck the Lakers"T-shirt I had on under my sweatshirt. He laughed out loud, covered his mouth and gave me a high five. It was dope. Then I showed it to Monty Williams and he didn't like it as much. He took the road of political correctness like I thought he would. He kind of scoffed at the shirt. lol. I was a couple rows from Larry Miller for a few moments as was REALLY close to showing him my shirt, but decided against it. haha! Outlaw looked good as usual. He's clearly the superior SF to Webster, but I understand the role they have to play on their respective squads, and it makes sense.

Like MB has said, Aldridge will lead the team in scoring this year. No doubt. Oden and Roy on the floor with Aldridge, my god, it's going to be impossible for teams to figure out how to guard our big three. And I think Aldridge will benefit the most. He DOES look a little bigger, more chiseled for sure, and his jumper is just money. Pure and simple. He really could be an all-star this year.

Great night. Had a blast. Can't wait for the season.

9. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

I love the hate! You guys hate the Lakers soooo much you would rather buy a Laker hating shirt rather than a POR shirt...now that is respect right there.

Dont give me any BS about you already having a POR shirt...You could have bought another one and instead bought something with the Lakers on it! :devilwink:

10. The Professional Fan

I'll go a step further, my friend - I had my "Fuck the Lakers" shirt MADE for me. I didn't buy it in a store. And yes, I really hate the Lakers and I'm comfortable with it. Totally at ease.

11. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    I own a "Fuck Dallas" t-shirt, a "Dallas Sucks" t-shirt and a "Dallas Sucks, Irvin Blows" t-shirt. I wear them under whichever Redskins t-shirt I put on. My only fear with wearing a "Fuck The Lakers" t-shirt would be that the urine coloring would stain my soul.

12. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    It's our right as Blazer fans.:cheers:

13. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
  14. The Professional Fan

Zorn has your squad looking mighty tough. I've never been a 'Skins fan, but I am life long Seahawk fan and I've been following the 'Skins this year because of Zorn. I knew that west coast offense would be good for Campbell. Finally Dan Snyder made a wise hire. Now go win the division and break Romo's back. I hate the Cowboys almost as much as I hate the Lakers.

Sorry for the OT nature of the post. I'm an NFL guy at heart!

15. The Professional Fan

Oh yeah - the rookie dance was extremely painful to watch. Especially Rudy. Wow. It hurt.

16. maxiep

maxiep RIP Dr. Jack

Merchant Banker
    The entire reason I became a Redskins fan was because of Dallas. I believe I hated that team from birth. When I saw an interview with George Allen (the Redskins' coach and my dad's favorite when he was with the Rams) talking about his hatred for "that team" (he wouldn't even say their name), the Burgundy & Gold became my team. After living in DC for almost eight years, I can tell you that they care more about the Skins than we do about the Blazers.

As for Zorn, I still have some questions, but he's surprised me so far.

17. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Awesome and sad at the same time :devilwink:

18. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I still have my "Both Teams Played Hard" T-shirt. :grin:

19. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

I don't know if this has been posted yet but here is a video of Rudy's behind the back pass from fan fest.

[video=youtube;fKnr1Ieu4z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKnr1Ieu4z0[/video]

20. The Professional Fan

I'm telling you, this kid already has our city wrapped around his finger.