Favorite OSU Moment? (With Video Clip)

Discussion in 'Oregon State Beavers' started by JFizzleRaider, Aug 22, 2011.

1. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

[video=youtube;KZ_D3wRYQoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_D3wRYQoE[/video]

2. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    That's a good one. My favorite is the 98 Civil War though.

3. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

This USC win was special to me because I was in attendance at the game. I believe you have been a season ticket holder for multiple seasons, so you probably were there for the 98 civil war?

4. mobes23

mobes23 Well-Known Member

My dad has the 98 civil war on VHS tape, but none of us have a vcr any more lol. Guess we need to get it converted to DVD.

My favorite was the Fiesta bowl -- the game rocked, but it was also a blast being in Phoenix -- running into so many people we knew from Oregon, seeing cocky Notre Dame fans before the game and seeing them skulk away after. Great game, great trip.

5. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    No, actually I watched the 98 Civil War at the Cheerful Tortoise downtown. I've been to many OSU games though.

6. BoBoBREWSKI

BoBoBREWSKI BURP!

I know its only baseball... but back to back national championships was amazing!
    [video]http://youtu.be/odahKm0z9oQ[/video]

7. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    A few of my favorite moments. I was there for every single moment. Crazy times, my friends...crazy times...

1910: following a 12-0 Oregon victory in Corvallis, fans of both teams began a verbal argument that escalated into exceedingly rowdy behavior as Ducks fans returned to the train station to leave. The UO's public relations department spread stories of (then) Oregon Agricultural College hooliganism to the statewide press, offending students of OAC and causing the rivalry to be suspended for 1911.[7]

1937: After defeating Oregon 14-0 in Corvallis, Oregon State fans had a large rally the next evening that lasted for six hours. Approximately 2,000 Oregon State students decided to caravan the following day to Eugene and have another celebration. State police initially halted the group, then agreed to lead them through the town if they agreed to behave. However, once Oregon students got out of class, the situation escalated with Ducks pelting Beavers with tomatoes and water balloons, some Oregon State students were thrown into the millrace, and other OSU students taken to Skinner Butte, stripped and forced to repaint the "O" hillside letter yellow and slide down the painted surface.[7]

1954: 50-60 UO students infiltrated Corvallis and lit the traditional OSU homecoming bonfire early. While it had been done before, this time OSU students were able to capture 25 UO students and hold them "prisoner".[8] The captured students had their heads shaved, were painted orange and black and some were forced to do menial labor for OSU fraternities. One captured Duck was marched through the OSU campus with a sign that said "I'm a dumb Duck."[7] Meanwhile, the UO raiding party kidnapped a single OSU student and paraded him around the UO campus.[8]

1960: a UO student abducted the OSU homecoming queen from the front of her home in Corvallis. She was returned unharmed thirty minutes later, but before that the OSU student body president received a ransom note demanding he ride a child's scooter to the center of Eugene and make a public appeal for her return.

1972: After a 30-3 UO victory at Corvallis, Ducks fans stormed the OSU field to take down goal posts; after taking down the south goalposts, Beavers fans attempted to defend the north goalposts, resulting in a large brawl.[7]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_War_(college_football_game)

8. Targus

Targus Suspended

Keeping you safe. If I tell you more, you would b
    *can you believe the crap people used to get away with back in the good ole' days? kidnapping, gang fights, shaving and painting people, marching them naked. man, those were good times.