Favre's Dad...

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by Rube Cred, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

As a Vikings fan, I "hate" the Packers and Favre, but putting my football biases aside, he is a good guy, a good QB, and I offer my sympathies to him and his family. It's always rough to lose a close family member, especially a father. I can't believe he is going to play tonight. I wouldn't be surprised to see a huge game out of him. I still hope they lose though, sorry... I'm sure you understand :-)

2. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Sympathy and best wishes to Brett's family and the Packer family.

Rube, have you heard that Favre was going to play, or did I misinterpret your note?

3. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Rube, have you heard that Favre was going to play, or did I misinterpret your note?</div>

Yes, I believe he is going to try and play... from ESPN.com:

KILN, Miss. -- Brett Favre will play against the Oakland Raiders on Monday night, a day after his father died, according to various reports.

The Wisconsin State Journal reported that the Packers quarterback told teammates at a meeting Sunday night that he will play. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported on its Web site that Favre stayed in California at the team hotel and would play after receiving encouragement from his family.

4. Send em back al

Send em back al nfl-*****s member

Thanks, I hadn't heard that yet.

5. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

I also am a Anti-Packer Fan and will be pulling for the Raiders tonight. It's mostly the ignorant Cheesehead fans that I have trouble with.(Not all are ignorant) With that said I feel for the Favre family and hope that Mr. Favre had given his life to Jesus before he died. It's so much easier to deal with a death when you know that person who has passed will have eternal life.

As we approach the celebration of the Savior's birth, I encourage all to think about the true meaning of Christmas. Also ask yourself, if it was you instead of Mr. Favre, could your family rest asured that you won't burn in the lake of fire for eternity?

6. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

Very nice post Zackman.

7. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

8. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Thanks Zack! Best wishes to the Favres.