Fear LaFrentz

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by hapnnsas, Apr 8, 2003.

1. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

Raef came up against the best player in the league tonight and shut him down. Raef put up huge stats in only 28 minutes of play, 26 points, 7 rebounds, 75% 3PT on 6-8 shooting, 1 block, 1 assist, 1 steal, 4 fouls and 71% FG on 10-14 shooting. Shaq put up 14 points, 10 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal, 1 assist, 3 fouls while shooting 43% FG on 6-14 shooting and 33% FT on 2-6 shooting in 33 minutes. Raef obviously was the better man in this competition and I think this can prove that Raef is worth the money.

2. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Amen to that. Raef can play, there's no doubt about that it's just that Dallas don't work for him and he rarely plays to his potential. Just watch if he gets traded to any team needing a Center he'll explode.

3. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

He's a great player, he just needs a better team to prove his talent.

4. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Love It Live":</div><div class="quote_post">He's a great player, he just needs a better team to prove his talent.</div>

Name 5 teams better than dallas that need a center

spurs have a center
    so do the kings'pacers'and lakers

5. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

i thinkhe meant a team that would be a better fit for Lefraenz where he would be a primary scoring option

6. BallerAK47

BallerAK47 JBB JustBBall Member

I love Raef!! He is in my Top 10 favorite players in the league.

7. olskoolfunktitude

sure as hell beats sean BRADLEY!!

8. GatorsowntheNCAA

GatorsowntheNCAA Omaha Bound 2010!

the reason he doesn't play as much is that he gets into so much early foul trouble. he gets like 2 fouls in the 1st 3 min of the game that he plays.

9. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

props to lafrentz. he had a very good game against shaq....

...but the lakers still won... [​IMG]

10. Ghost

Ghost BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">props to lafrentz. he had a very good game against shaq....

...but the lakers still won... [​IMG]</div>

The lakers are back and fisher is actually playing like a human with a shot.

11. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

uh well isnt it obvious that Shaq is gonna let LaFrentz shoot from the outside...i think i only saw Shaq really contest about 4 of the shots that LaFrentz took...sorry to say it buddy but if ur any team playing against the mavericks...you'll take your chances with letting LaFrentz beat you from the outside rather than leaving the middle wide open for stevie nash...LaFrentz was on a team before...that wasn't good and who used him as a primary option from the center position just a year and a half ago...and he still wasnt that good...sorry to say it but Raef is a good center...he's a big body who can shoot the ball (thats pretty valuable) but he's prolly not even a top 10 big man in the league...

oh and shaq's poor night had to do more with him just having an off game than it had anything to do with Raef's defense...Bradley prolly shut him down more than raef did...

12. olskoolfunktitude

of course. no one ever does a good job defending shaq right?

13. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

i'd say the only center that does a decent job of guarding shaq is...as much as i hate him....vlade. when vlade gets those flops called for him, shaq has to rely more on his finesse game....and some days his finesse game just ain't goin' for him.

14. vinsanity03

vinsanity03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "J-MAC":</div><div class="quote_post"><div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Love It Live":</div><div class="quote_post">He's a great player, he just needs a better team to prove his talent.</div>

Name 5 teams better than dallas that need a center

spurs have a center
    so do the kings'pacers'and lakers</div>

There arent many good centers in the NBA

15. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

yeah. i think some day down the road, when shaq is on his decline, there will be really good battles between himself and yao.

16. Alley-oop

Alley-oop JBB JustBBall Member

Raef did have a nice game but still in the end the Lakers got the win.

17. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">of course. no one ever does a good job defending shaq right?</div>

i sense sarcasm...and stupidity...but we'll merely address the sarcasm for now...i said bradley prolly did more to disrupt shaq than raef did...but the bottom line is shaq was missing point blank shots that he would normally make at a high percentage...raef really didn't do a very good job against shaq at all imo...but then again...players like Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, T-Mac, KG and company...are dominant forces that are hard to stop...so when they do have an off night its nice to give the defense some of the credit...Dallas played pretty good TEAM D on Shaq...but im not so sure any one player (especially not lafrentz) really contributed to his poor night...it was a team effort...a team LOSING effort...

18. jjdaman20

jjdaman20 BBW Member

um.....There are more good PFs than Cs although their are some developing centers on their way up...i look to Ha Seung Jin and Yao to be the next big international phenomenons

19. hapnnsas

hapnnsas JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">i'd say the only center that does a decent job of guarding shaq is...as much as i hate him....vlade. when vlade gets those flops called for him, shaq has to rely more on his finesse game....and some days his finesse game just ain't goin' for him.</div>

I honestly don't think Vlade is the best, nor Raef, they are both good, but the best person to guard Shaq that I have seen is Arvydas Sabonis. He has a size advantage on Shaq and he knows the game very well. I've been watching centers try and man up on Shaq for years and I have seen noone do it as well as Sabas.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "Mel":</div><div class="quote_post">yeah. i think some day down the road, when shaq is on his decline, there will be really good battles between himself and yao.</div>

Sorry for pickin on you Mel but down the road Shaq isn't gonna be here, I can see about 5 years left in him, 7 tops. He isnt as physically fit as most people hope.

20. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Five tops before anyone says it he means physically fit as in how far he can run etc. Not muscle size. I'd say he'd be gone in 4 seasons tops.