Fear LaFrentz

Discussion in 'Dallas Mavericks' started by hapnnsas, Apr 8, 2003.

1. olskoolfunktitude

olskoolfunktitude JBB The Pig Pirate

even Shaq himself has given indications that it may not even be as soon as that! and SCBrian, u will NOT mock my intellegence again. no one buys it and were tired of it

2. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Shaq was in foul trouble for most of the game and never got into a good rhythm. But the Lakers supporting cast played great and led the Lakers to a win dispite off nights by Shaq & Kobe. Also the Mavs play zone defense for most of the game, so an individual defensive performance doesn't really exist in a zone since it is a team oriented defense.

3. Mel JBB

Mel JBB JBB Webmaster

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "hapnnsas":</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry for pickin on you Mel but down the road Shaq isn't gonna be here, I can see about 5 years left in him, 7 tops. He isnt as physically fit as most people hope.</div>
    yeah, but what i'm saying is in his final season or two, i highly doubt we'll see shaq's power game...the power game that he used to dominate yao. take away that power game and assuming that yao gets more confidence, we'll see a much different game than the lakers last victory over the rockets.

i'm assuming he'll stick around for another 5 years too...i'm not so worried about his physical conditioning as much as his naggin toe injury and possibly a lack of desire.

4. olskoolfunktitude

the unfortunate thing for shaq is his legs and feet are going to have a hatrdera nd harder time performing the movements that make him succesful after years of buckeling unders o much weight

5. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">even Shaq himself has given indications that it may not even be as soon as that! and SCBrian, u will NOT mock my intellegence again. no one buys it and were tired of it</div>

i will mock you for whatever i want, whenever i want...especially 'intelligence'...there is a simple explanation for why i will do this...i am a genius (i could easily be mensa if i ever decided to join that homo nerd club...but for obvious reasons i dont)...and you are a dumbass...case closed...and if you would like an explanation for why i constantly choose to talk smack to you...please refer to the bottom line of my signature...thanks...

i said the mavericks team as a whole did a good job defending Shaq, just not a specific individual player...that was the only thing i said...i did give you credit because SOMEONE did do a good job of defending Shaq...you had a valid point you just said it in a sarcastic tone so i decided to talk some more smack cuz i was bored...but that SOMEONE was the Dallas Mavericks team...not Raef LaFrentz...and everyone who is actually capable of understanding the things i say would know that I DO NOT LIKE SHAQ...so i don't have a bias the way i may have with kobe...but the fact of the matter is...there are really no players who do a GOOD job defending Shaq...there are merely those who do a BETTER job than most...those players include Vlade (damn flopper), Sabonis was the only one that was really able to stand in and take the blows from Shaq as Shaq backs him down in the post...but not so much anymore cuz arvydas is old and falling apart (Shaq is too but not quite as extreme as Sabonis yet)...and thats pretty much it...everyone else has to rely on a team effort to stop Shaq in the middle...

6. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

I think Raef is underated.

7. Sasha

Sasha ...since the beginning.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Name 5 teams better than dallas that need a center

spurs have a center
    so do the kings'pacers'and lakers</div>

I meant a place where the team would rely on him to score for them but the Kings could use one. Vlade is getting older and will soon retire, you don't think Keon could hold down that spot do you? Plus Keonj would love to go back to Toronto, he never said he wanted to leave.

8. olskoolfunktitude

i think Vlade will retire if they win it all this year. He's had a great run but he's getting older and fatter and more bearded. I think the kings will win just such a championship this year too

9. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "olskoolFunktitude":</div><div class="quote_post">i think Vlade will retire if they win it all this year. He's had a great run but he's getting older and fatter and more bearded. I think the kings will win just such a championship this year too</div>

yup if they do win he will probably retire...nice to go out on top...if they don't i think he's got 1-2 more seasons where he will be capable of playing maybe 20 minutes a night or so and he'll still probably go at it trying to win that ring...can't blame him...but yah i agree...this year is the kings best shot at the title...but anything can happen in the playoffs...

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I think statistically Kandi Man is the best defender on Shaq.

11. Gee_Dupe11

Gee_Dupe11 JBB JustBBall Member

i understand why his parents called him Raef.....look what his name spells out backwords