FedEx Forum Photos

Discussion in 'Memphis Grizzlies' started by Voodoo Child, Sep 5, 2004.

1. N4S

N4S BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Knicks Analyst:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG] Good one.

It's the greatest arena in the world- so what if they don't have so many noise meters (pure crap) and loud music? It's simply the <u>best</u>

It's quiet, we New Yorkers like it that way.</div>

Ok, I see. Then it's just a place to get away from all the loud mouths that dwell outside. (nice and quiet) LoL, just messin.

2. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ezra:</div><div class="quote_post">[sarcasm]Yeah, I guess New York is a pretty subdued and quiet place, now that I think of it.[/sarcasm]</div>

Anyone see anything unclear about that statement?

3. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ezra:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyone see anything unclear about that statement?</div>

Not I; pretty whitty.

Anyway, the new arena isn't THAT great. It's not the best arena in the NBA (I say this without having seen 22 of the 30 arenas though). However, it's a much needed upgrade on the Pyramid. My favorite feature was the legroom on the new seats. The pyramid had no legroom. However, unless you go to the games, you could care less how much leg room a stadium has when judging it. I thought some other cool features were the new escaladors, the new eating/smoking balcony areas on each floor, and the giant new TV on the building across the street (biggest TV I've ever seen) that will be showing all the Grizz games. The practice gym is also IN THE STADIUM. Right when you walk in the doors the practice gym is to your left through glass windows. I'm guessing they'll be doing their pre-game practice shooting in there now.

4. Ezra

Ezra JBB JustBBall Member

Did you take any good pictures (or any at all)?

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Ezra:</div><div class="quote_post">Did you take any good pictures (or any at all)?</div>

They're on a disposable... my brother wasn't home for me to borrow his digital.

6. wtwalker77

wtwalker77 JBB JustBBall Member

I was going to ask you whether the practice court was in the same facility, that's pretty unusual. And, I love the fact that fans walk by the court when they're coming into the facility, very cool.

There's only one criticism I can make about anything I saw in the pictures and that's the color combination of the tiles in the jacuzzi room. [​IMG]
    (But, that's not even that bad, because it gives me an excuse to use the ol' puke smilie...)

7. TheNextJordan8

TheNextJordan8 JBB JustBBall Member

i wouldnt put this arena over the staples center.

8. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

9. Apollo

Apollo JBB Into The Fire

That place looks like the best arena in the NBA. It`s going to be awesome this season.

10. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Very plush stadium. I think they rival the Mavs as one of the best in the league now.

11. Stockton

Stockton JBB

Very impressive. It should be great to play in for all teams, and will make the Memphis Grizzlies a more memorable team for fans and opposing teams alike.

12. klfuller

klfuller JBB JustBBall Member

I went to the forum on Sunday for Smackdown and was amazed! The building is so beautiful on the inside. The way they have the seats arranged, It will be hard to get a bad seat.