Fifth Game of the Playoff Series: Houston @ Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by Dan Le, May 2, 2005.

1. WaterBleu

WaterBleu JBB JustBBall Member

and T-Mac should have sink the first freethrow and miss the second one on purpose..

2. magnetik

magnetik JBB JustBBall Member

T-Mac should have totally passed it to Barry at the end of this one tho'

The ref's totally cost Houston the game. If I am Van Gundy.. I would catch Stern before he left the building and tell him to fire those referees.

Are these clowns going to ref the next game in Houston? If so.. they OWE the Rockets BIGTIME.

3. RogueNine

RogueNine JBB JustBBall Member

Regardless of the officiating (AND FINLEY WAS OUT OF BOUNDS WHEN HE SLAPPED THAT BALL) the Rockets should have rebounded better, should have made their free throws, should have run the Yao/T-Mac pick-and-roll more often. They should have played better.

4. chineseafro

chineseafro JBB JustBBall Member

Have you ever seen Remember the Titans?

No matter how good your team is, no matter how well they play. Blatantly bad calls can cause you to lose any game, to any team.

Cuban bought the officials. I want an investigation.

5. WaterBleu

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RogueNine:</div><div class="quote_post">Regardless of the officiating (AND FINLEY WAS OUT OF BOUNDS WHEN HE SLAPPED THAT BALL) the Rockets should have rebounded better, should have made their free throws, should have run the Yao/T-Mac pick-and-roll more often. They should have played better.</div>
    they should call the foul on Dirk when the reach in was called..
    Dirk out...the point taking should have been much easier

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The last foul call on Terry was ridiculous. The Rockets should have retained possession. The Rockets showed a lot of heart in the 4th quarter despite the loss, I thought the refs where fair for the most part. However, they missed a crucial call at the end of the game. Let's hope the Rockets can make it a 7 game series.

7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- JBB The Same One

The Rockets still could have won this game even with those bad calls. Poor rebounding and free throw shooting. But the refs should made bad calls in crucial moments. If those happened in the 1st qtr no one would remember> But its the 4th qtr, they gotta be more focused.

8. ronin

ronin JBB JustBBall Member

free throws hurt us quite a bit, offensive board hurt us a lot, referees killed us..

9. WaterBleu

c'mon Rocket TWO STRAIGHT

10. WaterBleu

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting whatever:</div><div class="quote_post">free throws hurt us quite a bit, offensive board hurt us a lot, referees killed us..</div>
    totally agree with you...im sooo pissed

11. indianbrain1988

indianbrain1988 JBB JustBBall Member

That game was absolutely disgusting.

the rockets WILL win this series, to uphold all that is fair and righteous in the game of basketball.

12. Schwub

Schwub JBB JustBBall Member

Ahhh, so disappointed...AND PISSED...things just didn't go Rockets way at all today, free throw shooting trouble for Yao and Tracy, absolutely rediculous calls (or rather lack of) from the refs especially in the 4th quarter, guarding problems leaving shots wide open: that 3 pointer and the one from Dirk, offensive rebounds like crazy from Dallas, and the sneering of Mark Cuban! [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. MTran

MTran JBB JustBBall Member

anyone have a pic of when finley was out of bounds and hit it out of barry's hands?

14. RogueNine

RogueNine JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting chineseafro:</div><div class="quote_post">Have you ever seen Remember the Titans?

No matter how good your team is, no matter how well they play. Blatantly bad calls can cause you to lose any game, to any team.

Cuban bought the officials. I want an investigation.</div>

Dude. Titans is a movie and this game was different. Do I think the Rockets would have won if the refs had called out on Finnley? Yes. Was officiating the deciding factor in tonight's game? No. Free throws and offensive boards. We missed 8 free throws in the 4'th quarter; 11 in the game and don't get me started on layups. On another note: Yao played amazing. He stepped up and played big, except for his free throws I couldn't be more pleased. The shots just weren't falling for McGrady

15. back-on-track

back-on-track JBB JustBBall Member

How could it happen!? I can't believe Yao missed so many free throws tonite!

16. Fairplay

Fairplay JBB JustBBall Member

Althrough we lost again, but I see one or two wins in the future if Yao keeps doing the same thing as he did in today's 4th quarter. The big man gave me the feeling that he's going to blow up and gonna save the team by his own power when Tracy is not in a very good shape.
    And toady is really a bad day for us. Everyone knows the statistical probability that Yao missed 5 free throws in row. ( 1-0.8)( 1-0.8)( 1-0.8)( 1-0.8)( 1-0.8)=0.00032=0.032%. What else can we say? God isnt with us tonite!

17. blueracer

blueracer JBB JustBBall Member

What a close call. The referees should review their officiating to see their faults. I know this won't bring back the ball game but at least they realize that they have a fault in it. The Rockets came back strong but poor FT shooting cost them the ball game. They missed a lot in the 4th. Anyway the Mavs showed a lot of intensity grabbing those loose balls and important offensive rebounds. They have been so lucky in the last 3 games by getting a break from the officials and sinking those last seconds shots. I hope the Rockets should come back with intensity now that the pressure is on their side. A win at home would bring back their confidence for the deciding game 7. I think this series would go down to the wire.

18. RoXoR

RoXoR JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting MTran:</div><div class="quote_post">anyone have a pic of when finley was out of bounds and hit it out of barry's hands?</div>

[​IMG]

Mark Cuban + David Stern = the real slim shadys

19. Dan Le

Dan Le JBB JustBBall Member

I hate refs, I hate Dallas, I have everything, life sucks..I hate life...I hate being angry over a basketball game..I'm going to go watch game 1 and 2 and be happy....

20. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting RoXoR:</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]

Mark Cuban + David Stern = the real slim shadys</div>

LOL That is so so dodgy.

PS: I posted this picture on one of the threads on the NBA BOARD, but I got it from another forum and didn't see you posted it here.