Fire Quinn

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by mrmel29, Jan 16, 2021.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

I was telling other boards from months that DeAngelo was going to be outta here and replaced by Lundkvist. All they did was look at his points. The reality is you only need one defenseman to run a PP. They have Fox back there. Lundkvist can do it as well.

2. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Schneider is 6'2'" 210lbs already and still growing!

3. mrmel29

mrmel29 Well-Known Member

Maybe our PP wouldn’t suck so bad if Quinn took howden and lemieux off who have no offensive ability and swapped in chytil and KAKKO.

SaveLundy likes this.
  4. kreidertime

Yep. He does some really dumb shit. I wonder how long it will be before DeAngelo is outta here. Lundkvist was a dickhead for going back another year in the SHL. He should have known with DeAngelo's defensive issues he could have gotten a job here real soon.

5. NYR Fan

NYR Fan Well-Known Member

I actually think he does what a coach should do, make the tough decisions, and hold his players accountable. That isn't always the popular decision, we don't have all the info that goes into those decisions, and he doesn't always get it right (no coach does), but he does believe in accountability whether we agree with every move or not. And good for him.

Sounds like Chytil and Kakko will be back on the 2nd unit soon, if not already.

On the PP units, Quinn said at some point, "Fil Chytil will be back on the power play, as will Kakko." Main thing with Chytil is he wants to see face-off improvement. Also said Buch getting time on PP1 instead of Strome is "on the table," but noted last season's success.

6. panzerporter

panzerporter Well-Known Member

Schneider was also only a few days from being eligible for last year's draft. I'm of the opinion he'll be here next year with the same confidence I had in Miller last year. Schneider is a big, physical player who doesn't need years of grooming especially if the spot is still occiupied by Johnson/Smith.

7. Ranger71

Ranger71 Well-Known Member

We'll see, but also factoring into how quick he progresses is how many games they're able to get in juniors or even the AHL with the limited schedule each league is playing this year and maybe next. I don't see the huge need to rush him next year, it's not like he was drafted in the top 3 where you'd expect him that quick. Lundkvist will be here to go with Fox, Lindgren, Trouba, Miller and any of DA(?), Reunanen or maybe a stopgap FA for a year. It's not like he'd come in at 20 years old and change the whole dynamic of the defense. Let him develop.

8. kreidertime

I'm just not impressed with Quinn and his inability to put in any kind of defensive system. It's an issue. I don't see Quinn being here after this season if they miss the playoffs and I expect them to. On a side note, I find it pathetic that Biden and the democrats complained forever about Trump not doing jack about the virus, now they want to let in thousands from Honduras standing together with no masks. :doh:I'd move to Canada but they won't let Americans in any longer. They finally wised up. LOL

9. NYR Fan

Sounds like the first two lines are getting juggled for tomorrow night:

Lafreniere/Ziban/Kreider
    Panarin/Strome/Buch

Moving Lafreniere back to LW makes sense. Let the vet Kreider try RW. See if the Russian connection clicks with Pan and Buch.

We'll see if DeAngelo is back, I'd expect yes maybe for Smith, playing with Johnson. Maybe back to Miller/Trouba and Lindgren/Fox.

And Igor in goal.

10. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

I like those lines.

11. kreidertime

Another example of what a dumb fuck Quinn is. He goes on with this bullshit about sitting Gauthier and what he needs to do. He was our best forward by far in the opener. He's a scorer but you put him in a checking role you dumbass. Yet, you play Rooney who's moron penalty started Pitt's comeback. Or Stome who has sucked ball all season and probably has cost us 2 game at least. His faceoff percentage is getting near Chytil's now.

12. panzerporter

Please stop with this system nonsense, Quinn is the first coach in a while to actually have a balanced defensive system, just a matter of players all following it. I would put the majority of goals scored this year on poor goaltending, nothing to do with defense. Torts system was defense first and foremost, everyone dropped back to pack the front of the goal and block shots, very effective on keeping opponent's and most importantly, your own scoring to a minimum. Main problems were the Rangers would get bottled up and trapped for minutes at a time as guys tried to kick the puck up the boards with their back to the play to clear the zone. It was effective unless the Rangers fell behind a few goals and led to a lot of DL time from guys blocking shots. Eventually the team turned on Torts leading to his midseason firing and the hiring of AV, whose philosophy was almost polar opposite Torts. AV played no defense, he had forwards hang at the blue line looking for breakout passes instead of back checking. If the other team scored he felt his team could get it back. The only reason AV had success here is the team he inherited was still defense first oriented. Dmen still played with their back to the play but blindly chopped the puck up the boards to their waiting opponent who knew where to play, AV was very predictable. As he molded the team to his liking the Rangers became smaller and the records became progressively worse, from Cup finalist to out of playoff contention early. Now with Quinn dmen play with their back to the boards so they can see and they have several immediate passing options. The pucks are moved quickly out of the zone, past Rangers teams would be bogged down for minutes trying to clear the puck out. I see faceoffs, neutral zone turnovers and overpassing being the main issues so far. If the Rangers played the way they did in the first game I might agree with firing Quinn, just don't thinks he's done anything remotely close to deserve it.

NYR Fan likes this.
  13. kreidertime

Dude, wake up. The teams making long runs play defensive systems. Tampa put one in after they got swept the year before. The Islanders play one. Dallas changed to a defensive system and made the finals. If you look at the final 4 teams the past 2 years, the Rangers team defense sucks cock compared to them. This team constantly leaves players open every fucking game. There are players open with time and space to make plays ever game. It has been that way for years after Torts. It needs to change. If Quinn can't do, their AHL coach. He's a top talent. He's my pick to replace this guy.

14. panzerporter

Honestly dump stop sitting on your keyboard and letting your ass do the talking. I just explained Quinn's system and its difference from Torts and AV but I agree that the teams you mentioned have better defensive units than the Rangers, it's like saying ice is cold Captain Obvious. That's what Gorton has focused on the last few years dumping overpaid dead weight, bringing in guys like Trouba and drafting Miller and Schneider. The Rangers have totally outplayed their last 3 opponents, just didn't get a complete game or made a boneheaded mistake as young teams are prone to do. Any serious evaluation of this team requires more data.

15. NYR Fan

So you think Quinn is preaching to leave players open every game? You think their team D stinks compared to some of the better teams in the NHL because of Quinn? You don't think it has to do with us being literally the youngest team in the NHL that is filled with inexperienced kids still learning how to play and defend in the NHL?

Once again your weak and lazy and predictable answer is blame the coach for everything. It's all on Quinn. Okay.

16. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

My problem with Quinn is the fact that he misuses young kids. Kakko, Lafreniere have to play on the first 2 lines. Either Buch or Krieder has to come out. If you decided to go with Krieder and Buch as your top 6 then trade one of them, I guess Kakko in this case. I personally think Buch should be traded, I don't see him as a dominant player even though he is pretty good right now. It seems that when Buch touches the puck PP, the momentum stops. My point is that this idea that kids have to earn their minutes is flawed. Top picks, talent has to get mentorship from top lines. Gauthier should be your top 9 if not top 6. Watch, soon Gauthier and Kakko will be demanding trades just like Anderson did. I even think Howden would have turned out better if he played with more talent.

17. kreidertime

Agree. He can't get it thru his thick head that when you take a wing 1st overall and 2nd overall you don't fucking play assclowns like Fast and Buchnevich on the first 2 lines. One of the many stupid things he does.

18. NYR Fan

Really - so Miller playing with Trouba is not playing a young kid in a high leverage spot? Last I checked, Lafreniere has been on the top 2 lines the past 3 games. And Kakko and Chytil have turned into a very good duo (why give Quinn any credit for that). And Buch has been maybe our best forward through 4 games.

So once again, we can reach and grasp at straws, and that doesn't make it true. Keep reaching to come up with reasons to blame the coach yet again. Rinse and repeat. This whole thread is laughable and sadly predictable.

And for the record, I would prefer Lafreniere on the 3rd line to start with to take some pressure off. He has not been shooting at all wanting to defer and play unselfish hockey, and I think having him on the 3rd line early would benefit him.

19. NYR2009

NYR2009 Member

Chuck, #1 and #2 overall picks should be playing on the top 2 lines with the best players. I am okay with moving Kreider down to a 3rd line instead of Buch, as he hasn't done anything, going by your philosophy on deserving minutes. Dubinsky wasn't a superstar but had he not started his career with Jagr, I am not sure he would have become as good as he was. Lafreniere-Ziban-Buch, Panarin-Strom-Kakko, or a different combination of those 6. . The point was not about Buch but more about our #1 and #2 overall. Unfortunately, we don't have 2C who can help Kakko or Lafreniere develop. Kakko should not be on a checking line, and Gauthier should not be on the energy line or scratched.

20. kreidertime

Panzer, you're lost dude. This coach sucks. It's obvious. He punishes a kid like Gauthier for nothing. He played hard. Yet, he refuses to hold any vet accountable. Panarin, Kreider, Strome, Trouba, Zibanejad have sucked balls all season for the most part. That's poor coaching. Quinn will not be coaching this team next season. He has no clue how to setup the PP. Only career years saved the PP last season from 2-3 players.

Kakko has shown a tremendous ability to one time the puck. The first PP unit should have Zibanejad one timing it from the left side, Kakko from the right, Kreider in front, Panarin and DeAngelo at the points.

Second PP unit you put Lafreniere on the right side, Gauthier in front, Buchnevich on the left side, Fox and Chytil on the points. It's not that hard to figure out you dumbass Quinn. Gauthier has size, can skate and was a top goal scorer in the AHL. Develop him moron. There is no reason to play Rooney or Blackwell when you have better talent available.
    You're lines should be

Panarin-Chytil-Kakko
    Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kreider
    Buchnevich-Strome-Gauthier
    Di Giuseppe - Howden-Lemieux

Until Chytil, Kakko, Lafreniere and Gauthier are developed, this team has no chance of doing anything. I have to leave Kreider with Zibanejad because his skating can keep up with Zibanejad once that fat fuck burns off the donuts he ate during the summer.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021