Fire Van Gundy Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by drm2dnk, Nov 23, 2005.

1. devin

devin JBB JustBBall Member

The time for patience is over. I have to agree, JVG is the main problem here. He can't coach offense for sh*t. How the hell can the rockets not be able to score even 80 points with Yao and T-mac on the same team!? Seriously, it's really beginning to aggrevate me and evidently the fans who were booing the rockets tonight.

2. Proz4k

Proz4k JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting devin:</div><div class="quote_post">The time for patience is over. I have to agree, JVG is the main problem here. He can't coach offense for sh*t. How the hell can the rockets not be able to score even 80 points with Yao and T-mac on the same team!? Seriously, it's really beginning to aggrevate me and evidently the fans who were booing the rockets tonight.</div>

Agreed. [​IMG]

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting pissedofffan:</div><div class="quote_post">It is embarassing to see the shot selections, missed bricks, and point blank layups. What in the world are you doing in those practice drills?? </div>

I agree that the Rockets suck, and that maybe JVG is the problem.

However I don't think that you can blame him for player's executing poorly. Missed layups are not his fault, NBA players should be good enough to make them. Shot selection results from desperation, and too much offensive freedom, so some of that may be JVG's fault. If you have guys like Alston and DA on your team, you are going to see some bad shots and some bricks. Nothing can be done about that.

But for a supposed defensive coach to let Damon Stoudamire and Bobby Jackson go off is unacceptable. Looking at the box score I can tell that the Rockets' permiter defense is terrible because they gave up a bunch of threes.

Who would you guys like to see as coach?

4. BUDROB1

BUDROB1 JBB JustBBall Member

The rockets have already lost their oppurtunity to fire Van Gundy. They should have fired him when they could have gotten Phil Jackson or Flip Saunders. Now the Rockets have to hope T-Mac and Yao have All-star type finishes to the season.

5. BUDROB1

BUDROB1 JBB JustBBall Member

I agree.

6. drm2dnk

drm2dnk JBB JustBBall Member

Spot on guys. JVG can blame the players and we can blame the players of D.A and ALston and Swift..but let's see who brought them here and who we could've gotten instead of them?!! They are 3 major flops..not 1 or 2 but 3!! 3 of our signings are busts..but Swift and Alston are the major busts for sure. Alston sucked even in the Raptors and they still got him. Damon Stud, Antoine Walker, Sam Cassell have all added plusses to their teams and they could have been in ROCKETS UNIFORM!! Signing 3 busts is enough to get a sacking if there are some who argue that JVG is a legit coach; which is quite hilarious because his players arent' delivering on the offensive end or the defensive end. Oh..and he didn't make Yao or Tmac better, they made themselves and others better!

7. jbbRockStar

jbbRockStar JBB JustBBall Member

Really like to see the JVG fans from NBDL come out to defend JVG.[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. babybulls

babybulls JBB JustBBall Member

y don't you give them a little time w/ tmac now back

9. Eduardo

Eduardo JBB JustBBall Member

Im so sick and tired of checking nba.com on my cellphone and finding out that the rockets got blown out. I barely even check the boards or the website because I don't wanna get dissapointed anymore..Im a huge Rockets fan but come on..now I know how the NO and Atlanta fans felt last season :C I used to defend JVG but this time I really have to agree..If he doesnt fix the team soon, get rid of him.

10. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

Well, since this is a thread already made, "Fire Van Gundy" thread, I'm going to merge the two. In the future, please at least check out all the threads in the first page before making a new one since that decreases the repetitiveness for many posters. Thank you.

11. steam03

steam03 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting babybulls:</div><div class="quote_post">y don't you give them a little time w/ tmac now back</div>
    no more giving times...when mac was out, we said ''ok this team is a piece of s***, but o well, lets wait, when mac's back we ll b gd again...'' we gave them time. now that mac is back, i kno he's still not 100% but him looking invisible last game was a joke. it was as if mac was on injury list and didn't play-we looked like a team when mac was out for 7 games...again...

so no more giving times...rockets gotta make actions to their 'staff'

12. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Van Gundy just got a contract extension in the summer. Dawson has been firmly in his corner since he's been here. So has Les. There's no way he's going to be fired this season (who'd replace him?). Plus, Van Gundy has experience bringing back a struggling team, given last year, and he's never missed the playoffs.

13. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I know we will make the playoffs but it still saddens me to see how a team like Memphis (not a bad team, but not a team we should be blown out by) just easily push us out of the way for the W.

Maybe it is JVG, but by looking at the players I don't think there's much any other coach can do for them. They are playing so bad they can't even make lay-ups.

It really does seem like the pressure has gotten to the players.

14. jbbRockStar

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">Plus, Van Gundy has experience bringing back a struggling team, given last year, and he's never missed the playoffs.</div>

This statement has high entertainment value. That's a bright spot for me when the Rockets are struggling.

Sure, JVG is the expert that bring back a struggling team. Becoz he made a good team struggle. Becoz he made a playoff team on the verge to miss playoff. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. ClutchCity

ClutchCity JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">I know we will make the playoffs but it still saddens me to see how a team like Memphis (not a bad team, but not a team we should be blown out by) just easily push us out of the way for the W.

Maybe it is JVG, but by looking at the players I don't think there's much any other coach can do for them. They are playing so bad they can't even make lay-ups.

It really does seem like the pressure has gotten to the players.</div>

Some of yall still think that it is the players. You will find few players out there who like van gundy or can play his system. I think stro, DA, or alston would could do great with a differant coach. A good coach could remotivate Swift. I think that guy has lost any spirit he had. His game has eroded the past 5 seasons and maybe not starting was the killer blow.

16. jbbRockStar

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting igotask8board:</div><div class="quote_post">I know we will make the playoffs but it still saddens me to see how a team like Memphis (not a bad team, but not a team we should be blown out by) just easily push us out of the way for the W.

It really does seem like the pressure has gotten to the players.</div>

I know the NBDL JVG fans will jump out and say some sh*t like JVG dont shoot the ball. Something like that.

Exactly JVG dont shoot the ball! I am not going argue with u what a good coach can do and what a bad coach cant do.

My suggestion is lets suit up JVG, put him on the floor. Since the Rockets sometime play RB as starters. I dont see anything wrong to play JVG in the game. If JVG cant do anything while he's in the game and he cant do anything as a coach. FIRE HIM then. Fair enough. [​IMG]

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 JBB JustBBall Member

Remember the drastic change in play of the Nuggets last year when George Karl became their head coach? Well DC needs to think about that......

18. jbbRockStar

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Blurr#7:</div><div class="quote_post">Remember the drastic change in play of the Nuggets last year when George Karl became their head coach? Well DC needs to think about that......</div>

Pal, you just dont understand.

The JVG NBDL fans tell you the 1st season of JVG 03-04 got 2 more wins (45 wins) with the same roaster when compared to 02-03' 43 wins (when Rudy T got sick and missed many games) was a very good season. Becoz 03-04 was just the 1st season of JVG with rockets, probably JVG will work his magic 5 years later.

So, please dont tell them the story of George Karl, or Mike Fratello who came to save the season for Nuggets and Grizziles last year. JVG is a different kind of coach who will make big impact after say 5 years later and will sure bring a championship say 10 years later.

So, please dont even try to enlighten our JVG NBDL fans.

19. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting drm2dnk:</div><div class="quote_post">Spot on guys. JVG can blame the players and we can blame the players of D.A and ALston and Swift..but let's see who brought them here and who we could've gotten instead of them?!! They are 3 major flops..not 1 or 2 but 3!! 3 of our signings are busts..but Swift and Alston are the major busts for sure. Alston sucked even in the Raptors and they still got him. Damon Stud, Antoine Walker, Sam Cassell have all added plusses to their teams and they could have been in ROCKETS UNIFORM!! Signing 3 busts is enough to get a sacking if there are some who argue that JVG is a legit coach; which is quite hilarious because his players arent' delivering on the offensive end or the defensive end. Oh..and he didn't make Yao or Tmac better, they made themselves and others better!</div>
    Actually, coaches don't make trades. General managers do.

Also, don't tell me you weren't happy when we signed Swift and Anderson and traded for Alston. Hindsight is 20/20, but every one of those moves looked good at the time.

20. jbbRockStar

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Locke:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, coaches don't make trades. General managers do.

Also, don't tell me you weren't happy when we signed Swift and Anderson and traded for Alston. Hindsight is 20/20, but every one of those moves looked good at the time.</div>

Coaches dont make trades?

Yeah, u can say coaches dont sign off the trades. But every1 know the coaches have big involvement in almost every trade.

Most of the time, GM tried to get what coach want except for cap space or salary reasons OR GM will discuss with the coach who's available and who should they pick.

Ev1 understand the coach have great involvement in picking players. There is why so many ex-knicks came to play for Houston.

<font color="red">Please direct your criticism to the Admin Drop Box. ~Locke</font>