First pre-season game vs Lakers?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Warriorfansnc93, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

I am scared of the Lakers, specifically Kobe. This is the first time in years he has not had something hanging over his head like the rape, trials or running everyone out of town. I think he will be back to playing like his old self this season...

2. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

We'll stick Pietrus on him [​IMG]

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Hopefully Jrich will really play d on him like he supposedly is in training camp...

4. Montay

Montay JBB JustBBall Member

The Lakers will be running the triangle but It's gonna take time to execute it. Obviously Kobe is gonna get most of the touches. They got bigger by adding Kwame. Odom, Kwame and Mihm make a big front line with Kobe and ? at the point. The Warriors will win. Kwame will struggle with his little hands and short arms. Odom will float and Kobe will take 25 shots in 23 minutes. Bdiddiy, Jrich, Dunleavy and Pietrus will run them in to the ground.

Bring it!

5. AnimeFANatic

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Guys, you know who I'd be worried about? Lamar Odom. I think he's going to have a big year with Scottie Pippen showing him some thangs. He could be very dangerous in the PJ triangle offense. He's one of the best ballhandlers for a guy 6'10 and quite a passer. Let's just say Dunleavy has nothing on him in terms of breaking down smaller defenders.

Also it's a bummer that Diogu got hurt (finger injury thanks to one of our training camp invites). I wanted to see that guy in action. There could be chances we won't see a whole lot of Diogu until after trade deadline anyway, because we have to figure out who is going or staying in our power forward rotation. What we had last year worked for the most part and like Wtwalker mentioned we got the 8-9 man rotation to get in place.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

At least the Warriors won't have to worry about Foyle matching up with Odom tonight. Last year Odom killed him off the dribble, but the offense and Odom's role completely different this year.

Also Odom, might see limited action because he's still not 100% from his shoulder injury.

One player to keep an eye out for is Deven Green on the Lakers squad. He's very raw, but this kid is an amazing athlete. I watched him the SPL games, and he has some great body control once he gets into the air. Hopefully the teams cooperate and have him and Monta Ellis going at it.

I think the starters will be evenly matched, but the Warriors should pull away with their depth. The Lakers second unit is still a mess, and they don't have the athletes to compete with the players the Warriors have on the bench.

8. SanQuinn

SanQuinn JBB Banned Member

Is the game delayed or does it really start at 10pm???

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting SanQuinn:</div><div class="quote_post">Is the game delayed or does it really start at 10pm???</div>
    What do you expect man it's in Hawaii. There's a time zone difference. [​IMG]

10. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">At least the Warriors won't have to worry about Foyle matching up with Odom tonight. Last year Odom killed him off the dribble, but the offense and Odom's role completely different this year.

Also Odom, might see limited action because he's still not 100% from his shoulder injury.

One player to keep an eye out for is Deven Green on the Lakers squad. He's very raw, but this kid is an amazing athlete. I watched him the SPL games, and he has some great body control once he gets into the air. Hopefully the teams cooperate and have him and Monta Ellis going at it.

I think the starters will be evenly matched, but the Warriors should pull away with their depth. The Lakers second unit is still a mess, and they don't have the athletes to compete with the players the Warriors have on the bench.</div>

Thanks for the update, Shape. I guess with Odom, it's to be expected. The guy has never been healthy. Which is why I'm concerned about Baron Davis and also my JBB fantasy roster.

11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

The Laker plan on starting Luke Walton tonight, he will be the starting SG.

Walton will guarding JRich tonight...posters coming soon!

Kobe will switch to PG on defense and play SF on offense. With Odom playing PG on offense and SF on defense.

Kobe v. Baron
    Walton v. JRich
    Odom v. Dunleavy
    Kwame v. Murphy? (I'm not sure if he's injured or not)
    Mihm v. Foyle

12. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

"We're trying to get him out on the floor more," -Mitch Richmond on Mickael Pietrus

Glad to here that someone inside the Warriors has finally said this. Hopefully that means a small decrease in minutes for D-Fish. I doubt he will be reduced too much but Fish averaged 30 minutes and Pietrus averaged 20, hopefully Pietrus will average at least as many MPG as Fisher.

13. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">The Laker plan on starting Luke Walton tonight, he will be the starting SG.

Walton will guarding JRich tonight...posters coming soon!

Kobe will switch to PG on defense and play SF on offense. With Odom playing PG on offense and SF on defense.

Kobe v. Baron
    Walton v. JRich
    Odom v. Dunleavy
    Kwame v. Murphy? (I'm not sure if he's injured or not)
    Mihm v. Foyle</div>
    Shoot, should we match?
    We could play a Dunleavy, Pietrus, Jrich, Zarko, Foyle or something. So basically if Kobe wants to guard Dunleavy, go for it, but I think Pietrus/Richardson on the floor might make it so Odom or Kobe has to get on them. Also, I want to have Fisher on the floor punishing his old team. [​IMG]

I say don't even play Baron. Why risk it?

Also I think Murph sprained his ankle(?) I don't know how bad it is.

14. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">"We're trying to get him out on the floor more," -Mitch Richmond on Mickael Pietrus

Glad to here that someone inside the Warriors has finally said this. Hopefully that means a small decrease in minutes for D-Fish. I doubt he will be reduced too much but Fish averaged 30 minutes and Pietrus averaged 20, hopefully Pietrus will average at least as many MPG as Fisher.</div>

You watching the Warriors season preview on TV?

15. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">You watching the Warriors season preview on TV?</div>
    Of course.

16. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Run BJM:</div><div class="quote_post">Of course.</div>

Let the Barnett Dunleavy lovefest begin! [​IMG]

17. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Hard to say what the plan is for tonight but have no doubt Pietrus is playing a lot. The whole second 5 will play a lot this year,depth is our big edge. Getting minutes for Pietrus and Diogu won't be a problem. Zarko and Monta will have trouble getting a lot of action as they are the 3rd guy at their spots.

The Laker trio of Kobe-Walton -Odum is a group with fine passing ability-but J Rich-Pietrus are far too quick-fast for Luke or Odum to cover.

18. Run BJM

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">Let the Barnett Dunleavy lovefest begin! [​IMG]</div>
    I switched to The Office once he an Fitzgerald came on.[​IMG]

19. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

I'm very curious to see what the rotation will be for Monty tonight. I hope that we exploit some matchups especially at point guard and to see if Dunleavy learned any D on the offseason. 2minutes to go[​IMG]

20. AnimeFANatic

Jesus, how long are they gonna delay this game. I thought the game was going to start 3 commercials ago. They're just recycling the same stuff