FIRST TRADE IDEA OF THE NEW SEASON!

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by Rastapopoulos, Oct 5, 2022.

?

Would you trade Anfernee and Sharpe and x picks for Shai Gilgeous Alexander?

1. Yes, for any x<3

4.5%
  2. Yes if x=1 and is protected

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes for Simons and Sharpe with NO picks (or maybe a second or two)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

95.5%
  1. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

DeAndre Ayton?

2. wizenheimer

wizenheimer Well-Known Member

what is with the obsession around here for Ayton? Yeah, he's a better C than Nurkic but he's paid twice as much as Nurk and he sure as shit isn't twice as good

3. Mr. Robot

Mr. Robot Well-Known Member

some people believe that if we trade nurk and get another center (most of them speak about myles turner as our saviour or deandre ayton, but hes unrealistic target) or get player on another position, that we would be contenders, essentially, they believe nurk is the player thats holding us back from contending... what they dont understand is this: even if you get a player thats better than nurk or thats better fit than nurk (athletic center), other issues on this team will still be there

4. Cugel

Cugel The epitome of mediocrity

Canvas Repairman
    Get a young centers and develop.

5. BigGameDamian

We developed Nurkic. So we’re just going to trade him and develop another one?

6. boredinsalem

boredinsalem Well-Known Member

I think Vanderbilt is the best option, but there's a lot of competition. I think it would be worth trying to get him for a combination of Watford/Keon and some type of pick (maybe a future swap or something). I don't think that would make us a championship contender, but much more dangerous. After this year, we'd have the MLE to work with, could go into the tax, and bird rights for Hart. If we got him, we could play a pressing/switching lineup when Nurk isn't on the floor that includes combos of Hart/Nas/Payton/Vanderbilt/Winslow with one of Dame/Anfernee and Grant. Rebounding would be fine and steals would be plentiful. That could be extremely disruptive for 20 minutes a night.

7. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a trade for Bamba still. His career advanced numbers compare favorably to Turner's, who a lot in here want to target.

8. Cugel

Canvas Repairman
    I think a far quicker, more athletic center is worth considering.

Propagandist and blazerkor like this.
  9. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

When he asserts himself he is brilliant. He's been asked to help facilitate (again, no guard depth) and has improved in that area. Offensively he's out to sea a little bit finding himself the fourth or fifth option on most nights. No real concerns with him, at least for me.

Overall not a great rebounding team especially against teams with bulk. I think we were expecting to see a lot of Precious Achiuwa at the five this season but he's been injured for most of it and our backup is a blue steak raw second rounder.

UKRAINEFAN and illmatic99 like this.
  10. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    We should change the title of this thread to "Trade ideas".
    What about Jalen Mc Daniels? His contract is just about up and may have indicated doesn't want to re-sign in charlotte. Would Keon Johnson and a FRP be enough?
    "....players that can guard multiple positions are becoming the most coveted archetype in the league. At 6'9" with a 7-foot wingspan, Jalen McDaniels fits that archetype. He can switch on just about anybody and hold up. He flies around on defense like a free safety and covers up gaps.
    McDaniels does a great job of keeping up with perimeter players and cutting off angles. He hounds guys off the 3PT line and does an excellent job of making players uncomfortable with their go-to moves."
    "The 6'9" forward out of San Diego State is averaging 10.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and one steal per game (all career bests) on 45.7% from the field, 37.4% from three, and a career-high 88.2% from the FT line through 37 games this season. "

11. BigGameDamian

12. Freshtown

Freshtown Well-Known Member

no more trading FRPs for role players.

13. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    I think he could play PF when Grant is off the floor and SF when Hart is off the floor. Could easily be a 30 minute a game player. Could save our pick and offer Johnson and their choice of Brown or Watford for McDaniels and Dennis Smith's expiring.

14. Cugel

Canvas Repairman
    Being a play-in team or a first round exit team is a failed year for Portland IMHO. Sure, you make the playoffs but don't get much return on investment. Is the FRP to CHI lottery protected? I am not opposed to tanking at this point if there is a draftable player, at say 6-13, that would really help the team.

Right now Portland has the 13th worst record in the league and the 6th worst in the west. Does anybody really expect this team to turn it around? I mean really??? What is Dame suddenly going to morph into Durant and the team becomes a top 6 seed? I just don't see it. I see a lot of "don't worry". I am worried about not getting any young talent. I have zero post-season concerns!!! Quite confident I know how the end of the season will play out.

Ed O likes this.
  15. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

The Chicago pick is lottery protected and the pick will roll on to the next season and the next. That's why we don't actually have any FPRs available in trades unless we guarantee Chicago the pick.

We're three games back from HCA and seven and a half out of first in the West. There are 43 games left in our season and we have more at home than any other team in the league. There would have to be trades made but I can definitely see multiple ways that this team turns it around. The parity in the league this year is the closest it's been in a long time. With one or two good moves that make this roster more cohesive we could go on a run and end up with a good seed in the playoffs where I think this season more than any other in recent memory, any team will be able to beat any other team.

The parity and hope that it brings might make it hard to get impact players from other teams but I'd imagine there will be some available. If we aren't trading Dame (and we aren't) then we should go all in on trying to contend starting this season and only worry about the three or four season window we'll have. Otherwise you are right and we should trade Dame. We won't do anything if we try to contend now and protect the team's future past the next few seasons.

Cugel likes this.
  16. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Kenyon

Martin

Jr.

CJ_is_Gone likes this.
  17. andalusian

andalusian Season - Restarted

He is a lot younger and could get a lot better. You always pay more for potential. Not sure if Portland is the right place to try and develop him, but he is better and paid more because he is better and can get better, where Nurk is what he is. A starting caliber center being paid an appropriate amount if he was more consistent / healthy, a little over-paid given his inconsistency and injury issues.

Let's just say that Ayton's mobility will work much better than Nurk's in Chauncy's switching defense.

18. Mr. Robot

what would it cost to acquire jordan clarkson (should be available, utah is a tanking team), seems like a perfect 6th man, a much need scorer off the bench

he got player option for the next season

19. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Filler/1RP for Kenyon Martin Jr.

20. Mr. Robot

im not familiar with his game, he must be good defender, cause by the numbers, he surely doesnt seem like he would improve our offense