Flip Fired!?

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by CUSA Fan, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Coranor:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually McHale is Vice President, the highest-ranking basketball official in Minnesota, GM is Jim Stack and has to report to McHale.

But I sometimes also think that McHale is GM, just because he does so many thinks GMs of other teams do and VPs normally act from behind the scenes.</div>

Jim Staak does nothing but be McHale's caddy and secretary. Nothing more. He is as irrevelant as Don Zierden, Jerry Schiting, and Sidney Lowe.

McHale does the work.

2. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

^I know, actually I haven't heard of Jim Stack before this but that's the fact. As I said McHale does the stuff GMs of other teams would normally do and VP normally act behind the scenes and don't worry so much about the basketball side of the franchise, e.g. trades, hiring and firing coaches...

Why do you think it isn't good if we get rid of McHale? He's part of the problem.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Sad day for Minnesota TWolve fans and the NBA. Flip Saunders deserves better than to be let go and shoulder the blame for the TWolve's disappointing season. He's a class act and a great coach. It's not Flip's fault he has multi-millionaire veterans complaining about their contract status. It's not Flip's fault key role players have been injured, or he has wasted players like Kandi-man and Ervin Johnson.

I don't blame Flip for taking the rest of the year off and a break from basketball. He will have a lot of opportunities next season including a high profile job in Los Angeles or New York.

4. Timberwolf

Timberwolf JBB JustBBall Member

Coranor: I want McHale fired. He should have been fired on Saturday with Flip and he should have been fired in 2001 after the Wolves got swept by the Mavericks in the playoffs.

5. MagicForEver123

MagicForEver123 JBB Banned Member

^Sorry I missed the n't in "It wouldn't break my heart..." [​IMG]

6. rohawk11qb

rohawk11qb JBB JustBBall Member

its not Flips falt all the way. Its more of the players falt and everyone knows that. but as the head coach he is suppposed to have a team of that calliber to play to their potentioal or atleast close to it.