Flip fitting in perfectly

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by Iron Shiek, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Iron Shiek

Iron Shiek Maintain and Hold It Down

Link

If Woody gives him the minutes he could end up being the Hawks number one option before the season ends -- but that is a big if since it seems as if Woody is committed to the development of Acie Law.

There hasn't been any indication of what Flip signed for and how many years he has remaining on his contract. If he is in a lame duck situation where he'll be a free agent at the end of the year most likely he will not be given top consideration to help this team get to the next level. It has happened throughout his career because essentially he has been a pending free agent every year of his career -- with team or player options on his contract.

I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing from Hawks camp in regards to Flip but there is a huge difference between preseason and the regular season. Rick Sund has given the pieces to Woody to be successful. I don't know enough about Woody to comment on his coaching ability but there is no doubt that the Hawks are a team capable of finishing the season over .500.

And I'd like to see Ronald Murray play a big role in the success of this team this year. Time will tell.