Food at the Rose Garden SUCKS

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by ucatchtrout, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Paxil

Paxil Active Member

Software engineer
    I haven't been there this year... but the food was fine last year at the Tap Room.

2. Drink Your Milkshake

Drink Your Milkshake Suspended

You can take the Max up to Lloyd Center for free and eat in the food court or walk a block north and have a big selection of restaurants.

3. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Funkee Human Being

Software Engineer
    The downstairs his this as well. They are awesome. There's also a sort of Bento type stand that's pretty good. I stick to the carts around the edges and I've been happy with them.

4. SodaPopinski

SodaPopinski Tigers love pepper

Here's an idea. If you want a gourmet meal ... don't look for it at a sports arena.

-Pop

5. ucatchtrout

ucatchtrout Well-Known Member

There is plenty of room at the Rose Garden for vendor carts. If vendors at Saturday Market can roll in, set up, and produce quality stuff and then make it all go away, it can happen at the Rose Garden too. And as far as the traditional refreshment stands go, a bit of reorganization there could greatly improve what we have available. Other places have done it. It's not rocket science.

6. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

Yep if I have to eat there, which I try to avoid, I go to one of a few spots:

1. Up on the 3rd Deck there is a barbecue cart which has Beef Brisket and Pulled Pork. It is pretty good, and only about 8$.

2. On the lower level there is a hawaiian food cart, with Teriyaki Chicken, Rice, Veggies, etc.

7. craigehlo

craigehlo Elite Wing

I went to a Nuggets preseason game in Denver and was surprised at how much better the food was. Better variety and the prices were reasonable. I'd like to see the RG management check out their model.

8. rseaberg

rseaberg Fixer

it's also an embarrassment to the franchise, to this amazing happenin' portland blazer team, that the restaurant space on the garden mall which formerly housed cucina cucina, (where my wife and i held our wedding rehearsal dinner) remains unleased. Geez Louise, lower the rent and get a great restaurant in there Paul, a white tablecloth steak joint, top my steak with shrimp and bearnaise please, bring me a couple of martinis, or put a sports bar there, like how about approach "On Deck" and help them get a great Garden version of their great sports bar on the mall. It'll look good for the team, the franchise, look good to the league, it'll look like we are a successful franchise not a low end franchise that cant draw a tenant for that spot. Make a deal with somebody, dude, light that spot up!!!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  9. MickZagger

MickZagger Well-Known Member

UPS
    Go down to the Courtside Club and eat. There food is off the hook.