Four Trail Blazers Ranked In Free Agent Top 30

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KeepOnRollin, Feb 26, 2015.

1. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Both Gordon Hayward and Chandler Parsons got max offers. If they're worth it, then so is Wes. I think another team is going to offer him a max deal and an opportunity to be a #1 or #2 guy, something he can't have here. He'll have a tough decision to make, and though I'd be disappointed, I won't be surprised if he leaves.

2. H.C.

H.C. Well-Known Member

http://bballbreakdown.com/2014/10/28/is-wes-matthews-better-than-klay-thompson/

I'm not the one who originally posted this video so I take zero credit for finding it.
    Also it's based mainly off last years stats. Can't really compare this years due to still being in season.

Thompson got maxed before the season started. Wesley was superior before the season started. Wesley hasn't dropped off greatly and Thompson hasn't closed the gab on harden. If anything Harden has make the gap between him and Wesley/Thompson wider.

Wesley will get maxed if he wants it, no matter what his age. He was better than Thompson in a lot of "advanced stats". People are so keen on those.

Matthews advanced stats.
    per - 16.2
    TS% - .589
    3pr - .591
    ftr - .185
    WS - 6.1
    ws/48 - .154
    vorp- 2.9

Thompson advanced stats.
    per -21
    TS% - .598
    3pr - .415
    ftr - .218
    ws - 6.3
    ws/48 - .176
    vorp - 2.1

Pretty similar 50ish games into the season. Minus the Per. Clay/Wesley pretty equal. DWS is pretty equal too with Thompson having .2 on Wesley -.-
    Wes also has a better turnover rate.

3. PtldPlatypus

PtldPlatypus Let's go Baby Blazers! Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Yep--the primary difference in their PER's is the difference in usage rate--27 for Klay, just 20 for Wes. Of course, the question is and has always been, if Wes were a primary option as Klay is, would he be able to be as effective/efficient as he is?

4. magnifier661

magnifier661 B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Cracking fools in the skull
    I think that was Aldridge's choice. At least I seem to remember him saying it. I think, and I'm paraphrasing here, "I'm happy that other players have that opportunity, but im not going to worry about that now"