Fox left off of calder

Discussion in 'New York Rangers' started by kreidertime, Jul 16, 2020.

1. kreidertime

kreidertime Well-Known Member

Honestly, a disgrace Hughes was selected over him. Hughes had a good year but there is no comparison right now who is a better player. Fox defensively is light years better than Hughes. He also has 42 points not even playing the first PP unit.

2. Greyvtrayn

Greyvtrayn Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting that Hughes, Makar and Fox are all under 6'...small defensemen.

3. theProdigy223

theProdigy223 Well-Known Member

Fox has been all over the training camp reports too. Easy to forget this has been his first taste of NHL action and was due to hit the rookie wall any day before the stoppage. Really excited to see him back in action. Him and Lindgren are going to be a great pair for a long time. Two ridiculous steals by Gorton.

4. kreidertime

Not interesting at all. Voters are fascinated by points. Smaller defenseman right now in the league are putting up points. It doesn't mean they can keep the puck out of their net. Especially come playoff time. Fox reminds me a ton of Leetch. Smaller but he has an uncanny ability to steal pucks and keep from giving up the puck vs. bigger players. Hope Lundkvist can be the same kind of of player. Voters hate NY and always have. They are very biased against the Rangers. It's been going on for years with prospect rankings. Lundkvist should easily be ranked in the top 10. The year Jagr lost the MVP to JT was a joke. The players all said Jagr was easily the MVP. It was nothing more than I hate NY from the some dumbass voters. If you ask me who the best defenseman in the game is right now I would tell you Slavin. There isn't a game I watch that guy when I don't see him saving 2 to 4 goals a game with a great play. Yet, because he doesn't put up a ton of points, he never is recognized.

5. kreidertime

If you asked me to give up Georgiev, Miller and our first two rounders for Slavin I would. Yes, it goes against my philosophy of always keeping young talent coming to manage the cap. However, I believe with Slavin we win at least one cup over the next 5 years. He is capable of shutting down other teams first lines with some help and the team staying out of the box. Teams like Boston, Tampa, Washington are given way too much credit for their depth. They are basically one line teams. Shut down the first line and they stand little chance of beating you. The Rangers are one of the rare teams that has two dynamic scoring lines and it will get much greater when Kakko matures. Would Carolina give him up? They are strange team. Their goaltending absolutely sucks. Georgiev is so much better than what they have it's mind boggling. While losing Slavin would hurt, I believe that package going forward for them would make them better 2-3 years down the line. I think they would have a hard time passing that up. Slavin has a great contract as well.