Foyle On Waivers List

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by iLL PiLL, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Wild Child

Wild Child JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">
    PS I just noticed we got the same quote in our sig. Did you have it first? I'll take mine's off if you did.</div>

I don't know. I had never seen it used in a sig before I decided to use it. It's a great quote. Us both using it doesn't bother me [​IMG] Yours looks pretty with the picture too [​IMG]

2. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Foyle exited with a class. Like Zhone mentioned, Foyle only took 66% from his original contract, and the market rate is 85% to over 90%, because those are what Francis and Webber took. And, unlike those players, who can get a good job and a chance to earn good contract after, Foyle knew that he would be a back up in any other teams at this point. So, all he had to do was to sit on the bench for 2 years or wait until Warriors waive him. Instead, he gave Warriors a big favor and took 66% buyout, so that we can save roughly 3 mils this year and next year and a roster spot. He was a great individual, and while we won't miss him on the court, he will be missed as a great character.

The only problem is that... fans always need a whipping boy to complain about. Now that Dunleavy, Murphy, Fisher and Foyle is gone, who will be the new one?

3. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Where is the guy with the sig of 1 down 3 to go etc with Murphy, Dunleavy, Fisher, Foyle Monty etc??

4. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">

The only problem is that... fans always need a whipping boy to complain about. Now that Dunleavy, Murphy, Fisher and Foyle is gone, who will be the new one?</div>

O'Bryant. And probably Kosta, the guy can't even average more than 5-6 rebounds a game in Europe.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

<div class="quote_poster">Zhone Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Foyle definitely didn't belong here, but he was definitely a gentleman in taking a 66% buyout as he's always been. Most players negotiate for a 75-85% buyout, since they hold most of the negotiating cards on the table. Of course since it's before the season, he could theoretically find a deal worth more than the amount he sacrificed, but it's really doubtful for Foyle compared to some of the other players who've accepted buyouts.</div>

Foyle was a gentleman on the 66% buyout, yes, but he might have felt a little guilty in the end when it came to him and his agent hustling Mullin way back in '04. Foyle could have kept most of it, but he didn't... that's a good guy. Foyle wanted to be a starter and asked for starting money and took advantage of a newbie GM on the first period of FA negotiations... that's a bad guy. Oh well, like POB, I'm sure Foyle's first passion isn't basketball otherwise they'd play more like basketball players at the nba level.

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">Wild Child Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I don't know. I had never seen it used in a sig before I decided to use it. It's a great quote. Us both using it doesn't bother me [​IMG] Yours looks pretty with the picture too [​IMG]</div>

Thanks. Yeah, I agree it's a great quote. I think Nellie said it on KNBR. During the playoffs, Nellie improved upon it by taking his cigar, scotch, dog and going up on the roof of his pad to come up with THE game plan [​IMG].

Here's some more info on Don and his cigar and drink:
    "Nelson savors a Cuban Robusto cigar and a Dewars scotch after every game. He ponders his coaching strategy, pores over stat sheets. If the Warriors play in town, he decompresses at his condo in a Downtown Oakland high-rise. His wife, Joy, refuses to let him smoke inside their home, so in warm weather, he retreats to the patio, the Bay Area's night lights shimmering around him. On cold nights, he climbs upstairs to a rooftop boiler room, where he's moved an old office chair, and unwinds amid the lowing of water tanks."