Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

You know dozens who own for self defense against government tyranny? They need to get out more

2. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

It’s different because it seems to be the one that is almost exclusively used in mass shootings. Sure, maybe they’d get a different firearm to use in their killing sprees. Let them do that.

3. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. Why is it so hard for you to have an honest conversation about this?

*Edit* That second sentence isn't intended as an attack, but an honest question. This is too important of an issue to react. We must have a thoughtful response if we want to have any hope of making a positive impact.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  4. Phatguysrule

Please answer the question. You are the one pushing this.

What specific component is different? How do you outlaw it? What part? What feature?

5. Shogun X

Shogun X Ex El Presidente

6. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

My original post was the tweet that said self defense against govt tyranny. Then you said you had dozens who used it for self defense. I cannot imagine feeling the need for a fucking AR15 for self defense. I just can’t. Get a handgun that had six bullets or whatever. If your life puts you in a position where you need an AR you are either a psychopath with serious issues or need to move out of the area that has you so paranoid.

RR7 likes this.
  7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I agree an AR-15 is not a gun you buy for home defense. You buy it to collect maybe or really it's mostly young dudes who saw guns like it in Call of Duty because it looks cool.

A handgun should suffice for home/personal protection. I thought I heard the Walmart shooter used a handgun in his shooting.

8. Phatguysrule

You listed 3 reasons people don't own these guns.

I replied that it was false because I personally know dozens who own them for two of the three reasons.

Now, it's important to understand that a person can use hunting rifles and shotguns for self defense. They can also use hand guns for hunting. Different guns have different purposes. Different strengths and weaknesses.

The AR platform is simply a customizable platform equivalent to light hunting rifles which can be set up to be easily used for both sport shooting and hunting.

It has no advanced killing capability or capacity over a hunting rifle, other than you can easily mount a flashlight on it.

9. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

All of this is moot because I 100% feel that anyone using an AR15 to kill animals is a joke anyway. Getting dressed up in the camo and hiding from a deer so you can shoot an AR at it is pathetic. But hunters love it so I guess it is what it is.

10. Shogun X

11. Phatguysrule

I'm not understanding what point you're trying to make. That it should be illegal to hunt? Or buy a hunting rifle? I don't think there is any appetite for that kind of policy. The supreme court will certainly strike down anything like that as unconstitutional.

So, how do you limit access to the ar15 without limiting those hunting rifles? Considering they are functionally identical...

12. Shogun X

glad they beat the shit out of them before handing them over.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Never said it should or will be illegal. Just that having an argument over what gun is best for what use is just so fucking dumb to me. I hate all of it. Its pathetic

14. Shogun X

Virginia shooter just seemed like a grumpy psychopath

https://nypost.com/2022/11/23/chesa...utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

I'm guessing Wal-Mart gets sued since they had this psychopath in a position of authority.

15. riverman

riverman Writing Team

A good hunter only needs one bullet. Spraying rounds is not hunting. Manually chambered hunting rifles should have limited capacity for ammo....shotguns don't need 20 shells to hunt. Fuck semi automatic weapons with large capacity magazines.....the problem is with how many bullets they can fire in the shortest possible time. I'll never believe these guns are keeping society safer. I'll also never believe this country will give them up. I lead by example. Don't buy the damned things. I'm going to assume people who support AR15 ownership probably own them. People need to evolve past this need for such weapons. Won't happen in my generation, that's for sure.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
  16. Phatguysrule

I'm asking what you are hoping to accomplish by calling out the ar15. What mechanisms could possibly be used?

Blaming a name or color seems illogical. Which is really all blaming the equally capable form factor of a type of gun is doing.

Like blaming a race of people.

Point being, they have already limited the ar15 to being no more capable at killing than hunting rifles by law. They can't limit them any further without severely restricting hunting rifles. Which isn't going to be accepted anywhere.

Perhaps it would be more effective to focus on other solutions...

17. Phatguysrule

I don't own an ar15. Though I may build one at some point.

Changing out a magazine takes less than half a second with not much practice. I was able to do it in far less *than a second* with 20 minutes practice.

I don't think limiting the number of rounds in a magazine will prevent anything. It certainly hasn't in Colorado...

You are 100% correct that we'll never limit these guns in our lifetime.

That's why I try to focus the conversation on other, more productive solutions.

*Edited* forgot a portion of a sentence

18. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

In far less than half a second? I'll call bullshit on that.

Phatguysrule likes this.
  19. Phatguysrule

And I understand that perspective. Depending on what you're hunting.

It's not uncommon to go through 1000 rounds in a day hunting ground squirrel. And AR rounds are closer to the size you want for ground squirrel than deer. Though the AR can be made in larger caliber where it is mostly used for hogs etc. Again, you'll want plenty of ammo.

20. Phatguysrule

Yeah, meant far less than a second. I didn't get to half a second but was well under a second.