Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

To address our very poor gini coefficient we'd need to get people better access to healthcare, education, and improve the social safety net.

Doing so would reduce violent crime and murder rates far more than any gun laws ever could at a far lower price. And with obvious benefits to society.

The access to guns does not mean gun crime and rates of violence are high. Switzerland has mandatory military service for men.

All men between the ages of 18 and 34 deemed "fit for service" are given a pistol or a rifle and trained. And they haven't had a mass shooting for 18 years...

2. Phatguysrule

Good point. It would certainly be satisfying to see them suffer.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

So how exactly does your anger help to stop something like this? Please explain how it does work then?
    People don't have to feel anger to understand there is a serious issue and want ro do something about it.

4. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Just so you know my stepdaughter is working on her doctorate in school administration while being an assistant administrator at a PPS middle school. Seeing the video of the students in the classroom and the gunman trying to get inside I did talk to her about it. It's one of the brand new schools that opened and while it's innercity and rough she gets to help in a sense help build it from the ground up. We discussed code phrases for school shootings and code phrases for the all-clear signal. And a few other safety-related things.

Just because someone doesn't respond how you want them to in a basketball forum doesn't mean they are uncaring about what happened.

Personally, I reached out to a family member who could be in the direct line of fire in an incidence like that. I think that is the appropriate response.

I apologize if my sword joke to el prez upset you.

5. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Shoot them in the back of the head execution style. Show the bloody lifeless body on TV and see how "encouraging" it is for future shooters.

6. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Ok great but todays school shooting. How does that make a difference

Phatguysrule likes this.
  7. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

When people are angry about kids being shot in math class they speak up, vote differently, demand more from schools, and police, social media outlets, etc. People were angry about a lot of things and made a difference. Race, voting rights, etc. Playing some kind of role where you aren’t angry and Mr Cool is a weird stance but not surprising. I’m not sure how any sane person isn’t angry about these shootings but you be you.

8. Phatguysrule

Increased access to education and healthcare, less income disparity, makes guys like this less desperate, less envious. Less likely to be put into position to snap.

And if he does start showing signs then access to healthcare (mental health) makes him more likely to be noticed and treated before getting to this point...

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

because were sane?????
    Why you must try to demean anyone who doesn't think like you is just ridiculous.
    Someone made a joke about a sword and you claim they dont care????

not everyone has to express their emotions like you in order to care and want to do something about it.

but here we go again. Weeks sgo it was you werent angry. Then it was just this one thing should be eye for an eye. Now this.

you are one angry person and to demand everyone be like you is insane. And thats why it makes no sense to you. Because you seem to be red with anger and cant see anything else.
    Its either let emotions run wild like you or we don't care, when there is a bunch of stuff in between….

But keep up with the ridiculing comments. It really makes me wanna be like you….

10. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

I said people were desensitized because four posts into a school shooting thread with three dead kids we had a joke. But go on.

RR7 likes this.
  11. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

And trust me you’ll never be anything like me.

STOMP, THE HCP and RR7 like this.
  12. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

Well, I was typing, and Calvin chimed in, but I think his annoyance was with the desensitizing in America where kids are shot dead in school, by a classmate, presumably, and very quickly, jokes are made, versus just...I dunno, feeling sad or horrified over it. It happens so often that we just get jokes quickly on it. And El pres hasn't even dropped an aspergers line yet.

13. RR7

RR7 Well-Known Member

THe logical thought is to joke about it?

calvin natt likes this.
  14. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

Again, I apologize.

15. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

That’s the thing Sly. You are the nicest person in here. 20 years ago if one kid was shot and killed it’s Breaking News, people horrified. Schools send out emails. Kids hear about it and parents have talks. People are sickened. Now three in a day and it’s a blip. It’s just another shooting. It’s a sword joke. It’s desensitization.

16. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

You did it for me.

17. stampedehero

stampedehero Make Your Day, a Doobies Day Staff Member Moderator

Part Time Building Inspector
    I thought a good punishment would be an old fashion stoning but this country would cry unfair.

EL PRESIDENTE likes this.
  18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Thank God!

19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Nooo again that isnt what i said.
    People deal with these types of things in different ways.
    I knew a person who would laugh when nervous.

The insistence that one must voice red anger or they aren't sad over something, is illogical.

20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Again. People deal with things in different ways. Just because someone is not screaming about things and red with anger, does not equate to them not caring or wanting to do something to try to stop it.

The thought that everyone must show emotions like Calvin or they dont care, is illogical…

You didn't initially make a sad post in this thread. I suppose that means you don't care either right?

So your first post was to respond to me over what is logical, But not once did you show any signs of caring, sadness or grief about what happened.
    So based on Calvins logic, you don't care and are desensitized….

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021