Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    In case anyone was wondering and I seriously doubt anyone was or ever will wonder, I'm generally against the death penalty which results from someone's anger and not anything rational.

2. Lanny

Anger is an emotion used to enhance your drive to change something usually the opposite of whatever initiated the anger if it's at all rational.

3. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Totally agree. And i have no issues with Calvins anger. I only have issues with him thinking everyone should respond just like him or they don't care.
    Thats the point of contention.
    Its when he ( and/or others) belittles others( practically daily) for not seeing red like him is where he is being illogical In thinking we are all the same and should let our emotions bleed everywhere like him.

4. Lanny

I'm of the school that says "You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

Orion Bailey likes this.
  5. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

The dad needs to be charged for the Son getting his gun

Bullying is a central provenance in these school shootings. There needs to be a focus on that. Kid gets bullied incessantly. Kid gets fed up with being bullied. Kids brings parents gun to school and kills/shoots people.

Parents need to do a better job locking away/safe gun keeping so kids don't gain access.

Gini coefficient can help. We need better mental health coverage, but we also need teachers to listen and school administrators to act.

This shooting like many others could have been prevented, but administrators didn't act on known information. They pretended nothing was wrong in the interest of easing disquietude rather than handling this with proper consideration.

The kid was posting about doing this online. I'm sure teachers knew about the bullying and did little to stop it. We see this movie too often.

There needs to be accountability and there needs to be action.

bigbailes, calvin natt and Hoopguru like this.
  6. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

You'll catch more flies with a fly swatter. It takes action. Teachers and administrators need to call out bullying. Such acts need to be more consequential.

Kids are bringing their shit from home and taking it out on other students. Those students implode after incessant bullying, get their dad's guns and take action themselves to stop it because no one else is taking action for them.

Parents need to teach their kids not be bullies and to keep their guns safely locked away.

calvin natt and Hoopguru like this.
  7. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Most of these kids are already fucked up in the head. Social rejects, outcasts....the "quiet weird kid".

Lanny likes this.
  8. Chris Craig

This is the shit I'm talking about. This labeling is part of the problem. There are all these different cliques and social classifications. Kids are pigeonholed and bullied and shit like this happens.

ehizzy3 and Hoopguru like this.
  9. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Oh well. Put them in an institution or special school then, not with the normies.

Yearly mental health screenings in schools should be mandatory.

calvin natt likes this.
  10. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

You keep writing “red with anger”, like I’m here sweating and fuming and punching walls. I realize it helps you make your point, but just to clarify I’m not flailing on the ground screaming. Just think school shootings Fucking suck. But who cares right how bout them Blazers what the hell do I care I live in Oregon

Phatguysrule likes this.
  11. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

its how you come off though. Just like i need to be aware apparently i come off as agressive without any attempt to actually do so.
    There is no doubt school shootings and mass shootings in general suck big time.
    But i just don't see how railing on an online forum is healthy or solves the problem.

And again. I don't even have an issue with that. Only an issue with you asserting everyone must exert their emotions like you or they don't care.
    That is just not logical… or fair.

12. SlyPokerCat

SlyPokerCat cats rool dogs drool

There was long not that long ago in Oregon. I don't know where you live but I can assure you, people still talk about it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    Phatguysrule likes this.
  13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

i think he loves. I think Calvin is extremely passionate. No green font.

Here is one. I knew the clackamas mall shooter. Not well but i knew his mother fairly well.
    A day doesn't go by still that i don't think about him, her and the poor victims and their families.

But because i don't post about it, doesn't mean i don't share in the grieving or don't care.

Lanny likes this.
  14. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

I think the anger that many of us feel is because these shootings continue unabated because far too many people make excuses for the shooters, rather than put the blame squarely on the American mentality towards gun ownership. Which is exactly where it belongs. It seems like after every mass shooting, politicians and gun owners send their “thoughts and prayers” to the families of the victims, and then they loosen up gun laws even more. The mentality is that if everyone was armed, there would be no more mass shootings. How stupid is that???? I’m “blindly” angry because gun owners don’t have any desire for a solution. “Rights” come before the lives of others, and they just want their gun ownership as unfettered as possible. Insanity at it’s finest. Call me whatever you want OB, I’m furious that gun ownership is still a “right” in 21st Century America. Almost 250 years in, America still can’t get it’s head out of it’s ass.

15. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I believe @Phatguysrule has already shown that is a false narrative.

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

This is just a bunch of conjecture based off of your opinion of gun owners and anyone who doesn't actively scream out though.

But lets be clear ucd. I didn't calling anyone anything until after it was others calling other people uncaring.

17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Also. I think you know i have no issue with your or your opinions even if i disagree with them. You have always been respectful and i hope ive responded in kind. :).
    Bow that damned son of yours on the other hand… lol.

Lanny and UncleCliffy'sDaddy like this.
  18. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

I want a solution. The most effective and efficient solution which solves the most problems.

Guns don't make anybody crazy enough to kill people. We're doing that.

Making fewer people crazy should be the goal, not restricting the rights of the law abiding citizens who commit less crime than nearly any other demographic in this country.

What frustrates me is the partisanship we allow to be involved in this conversation.

If Hillary Clinton had dropped her support (crusade? ) for increasing gun control and instead focused all of that energy on solving the problem via social reforms by increasing access to healthcare, education, and improving the social safety net she would have destroyed Trump and we'd be in a much better place as a country right now.

But the problem is the political machine we have (which Hillary helped shape) dictates that anybody who isn't pushing gun restrictions as the only solution to gun crime is an insane gun nut who just wants to kill democrats by the hundreds.

Hoopguru and Orion Bailey like this.
  19. BLAZINGGIANTS

BLAZINGGIANTS Well-Known Member

lies!

Lanny and Orion Bailey like this.
  20. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Proove it! Lol