Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

i have to respond to this again because of how backwards it is. No republicans are fear mongering. Its the left fear mongering about guns. Blaming guns for peoples actions. Trying to make America fearful of the right to own arms.
    Its the left sayng get rid of guns, its ruining us!!!!

the right is just responding to this foolishness.
    The fear mongering has always been a left thing. Get rid of guns or were all gonna murder each other!!!!

The right is just sick of hearing this illogical stance and is pushing back.

2. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

It's not the sole purpose, but it was part of it...sort of. The colonists having freed themselves from England, wanted to ensure they would always have the ability to fight against England or any other country that challenged our sovereignty with war as well as to fight back if our government became corrupt.

It was also written because we didn't have an established military. Every man capable with a gun was our military. Thus, the need for the right to bare arms.

3. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

That's not it at all.

Conservative politicians are and have been preaching to their constituents that the left is trying to take their guns and they have fallen for it hook line and sinker.

The left aren't fear mongering. There is a real problem in this country with gun violence. The answer isn't to take guns away from responsible gun owners who are obeying the law. It's to minimize the ability of criminals, the mentally ill, and children from be able to get guns.

The second amendment isn't going anywhere. Guns are not and will not be taken away from responsible gun owners. Any thought that is going to or has happened is conspiracy theory BS.

Gun control laws do not equal taking away guns. That's not what they do or are designed for. They are meant to ensure a heightened condition of responsibility.

calvin natt likes this.
  4. Chris Craig

I'm very serious.

Guns are very serious. They are dangerous in the hands of dangerous people or children.

What you are saying is, the left is trying to make gun control laws and that is the first step in taking away guns. Your saying is trying to take guns away legally in this manner.

You're wrong. Gun laws have been in effect for quite some time across many states. Responsible law abiding people still have their guns. Stop. It's just more fear mongering.

It's the mental aspect and guns...if you want to talk about the mentally ill. We need better mental healthcare to help them yes, but we also need to keep guns out of their hands. The right won't do either.

calvin natt likes this.
  5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

you lost me where i bolded.

if this were the case then there would be a bigger push for mental awareness and help not gun restrictions.
    One just needs to read no further than this forum every time a shooting happens to see this. Even you have made comments like that in the past.

ill prefer to keep it real. Its rhe left that screams about guns when there is gun violence.
    Change my mind by screaming a out mental illness instead of guns.

I think we most agree there should be a better psyche eval. to own a gun. Just like being a cop.
    But that isnt what generally gets said after a shooting. Its almost always the left blaming the rights. 2nd amendment.
    Facts. This forum proves it. Anything else is just denying the behavior and history.

6. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Which political party do you think would like to spend more money on mental health awareness and would be willing to provide it to as many people as possible? The right or left. Rubbing hands together.

Chris Craig likes this.
  7. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

we shall have to agree to disagree. The only times i hear about gun complaints is when the left is in a frenzy over a shooting. Rarely is mental health brought up. But instead the rights crazy 2nd amendment.

Its just as absurd as saying all cops are bad for supporting other cops but not saying all protestors are bad foe supporting their fringe criminals.
    Neither are true aNd neither is the left’s infatuation with the opinion of the 2nd amendment the right has.

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

different topic. Of course its the left. And the right is wrong on this.

next?

9. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

Cars and knives are dangerous in the hands of dangerous people. You know what else is? Axes. Scissors. Broken glass. Sharred steel.

How about Cars?

stop blaming the object for the decision of the individual.

10. Chris Craig

We need both more mental health and to stop the mentally ill from getting hold of guns. See my above post.

I have never said let's take all the guns away or let's outlaw all guns. That's ridiculous. I have advocated for making sure parents keep guns away from kids and that their be consequences in such events. I have advocated for both better mental health and keeping guns out of mentally ill people's hands, or at least making it harder for them to get guns. I have advocated for taking guns from gang members and other criminals. Never law abiding citizens.

Yes, we are upset about gun violence. Why doesn't the right share our anger our exhaustion with this.

Pych evals to get guns is part of the gun restriction laws that send have been trying to get in place, but the right seem to enough to vote those through.

11. Chris Craig

This tired argument again? This is just deflection.

12. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Left: we hate guns we need less guns and more regulations
    Right: it’s not the guns it’s mental health
    Left: ok let’s spend the money on mental health and make sure everyone gets it
    Right: no
    Left: you guys are idiots
    Right: why do you have to name call

Phatguysrule and Chris Craig like this.
  13. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

your post is deflecting. my post was reality. The reality is a dangerous person will find an object to be dangerous with. Take one away and they will find another.
    You calling this deflection is the typical left response to logic.

14. Chris Craig

My post deflected nothing. My post explains the reality of the situation.

People can survive knife attacks...I know. People can survive those other things. Look at the number of gun deaths compared to car deaths or Knife deaths or glass deaths and get back to me.

15. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

lol. How oversimplified can you make it? I just said the right is wrong and im a conservative. Your generalizing and sweeping statements are part of the problem.
    But yet in the face of me agreeing with you, you like to make intelligence jokes. Derp.
    And refuse to understand we are all different individuals with different opinions.

But hey. We can all play that game.
    The left thinks government can raise kids better than parents. The left thinks all amendments are gospel, except the 2nd etc. etc.

Both parties have issues.

16. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

are you saying people dont survive gun attacks?
    Or is this more deflection?

look at the number of crimes involving a gun vs how many guns are in America vs how many gun deaths occur, then get back to me….

17. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

Absolutely, it was certainly on their minds. No question about that.

18. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

An estimated 20,160 people died in motor vehicle crashes in the first half of 2021.

upload_2022-1-24_13-19-34.jpeg

Cars kill far more people than guns.
    But you know. Thats deflection….

19. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

It is that simple. It’s either guns or mental health. One fucked up party won’t fix either. But when you press them on guns, they go to mental health.

20. Chris Craig

It is deflection. It's apples and oranges. I'm talking about apples. You're talking about oranges.

There are things we can do to lower those numbers just as we can do to lower gun violence.