Notice From My Cold Dead Hands......

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by THE HCP, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Phatguysrule

Phatguysrule Well-Known Member

It's interesting that there are more shootings everywhere despite increased gun control...

In Oregon you can't even do a private party sale. So I can't sell a gun to my cousin without going through an FFL... but shootings (along with all violence) still rise...

It's almost like gun control isn't effective... And desperate people make bad decisions...

2. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

1.2 guns per American citizen. That is a lot of guns. Even with gun control, the sheer number of guns in America would seem to make it difficult to enforce.

https://americangunfacts.com/gun-ownership-statistics/

Firearm sales jumped by 40% in one year. That is crazy. More guns on the street isn't "gun control"...

In my opinion, gun control starts in our congress. But their hands are constantly tied by the NRA. So the matter is the same as always... dead on arrival.

3. Phatguysrule

Gun control is the regulation of the sale and use of firearms.

As long as the sales are regulated what you posted is the definition of gun control.

In Oregon, Washington, or California you cannot legally buy a gun without a licensed FFL doing a background check. You can't even give one to your grandchild. That is the definition of gun control.

Yet violent crime and murder rates have increased. As well as gun crime. After the adoption of more strict gun control...

You seem to be confusing gun control with gun confiscation or gun bans.

4. Road Ratt

Road Ratt King of my own little world

Look, the way I see it. Arming Americans this heavily. As well as arming this planet for war, is not "controlling" the weapons. It is simply supplying weapons for war/misuse. So I see it is as: All the same to me.

5. Phatguysrule

I see.
    But we have language and definitions for a reason and the definition of gun control is to legally control the sale and use of firearms.

Banning is restricting the access to firearms. Confiscation is restricting access to firearms.

That confusion is partly why it's so hard to have conversations about this. People are saying one thing like "gun control" but they really mean "confiscation" or "banning"...

6. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

7. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

8. SlyPokerDog

Shooting away from the school, shooter ran into the school to get away from the police.

9. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Wow

10. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

You know the drill

11. SlyPokerDog

FUCK!

2 killed, more than a dozen wounded in a shooting at a Uvalde elementary school, active shooter in custody, officials say

UVALDE, Texas – Two children were killed, more than a dozen wounded, including an adult following a shooting Tuesday at a Uvalde elementary school, officials said.

The Uvalde Police Department said the shooter was apprehended at Robb Elementary School, where the incident occurred.

According to a Facebook post from Uvalde Memorial Hospital at 2:47 p.m., officials said that had received 13 children via ambulance, although it’s not clear if the two children who were dead on arrival were among the 13. Two children were transferred to San Antonio and one child was pending transfer. University Health confirmed on Twitter that University Hospital received a child and an adult from the school.

Hospital officials also said several students are being treated in the emergency room. Immediate family members of the injured students are asked to report to the hospital cafeteria on the second floor. UMH staff will keep in constant contact with those family members. Hospital officials ask residents who are not immediate family members to stay away from the hospital.

“They are currently being evaluated so we don’t have a condition to release at this time,” the tweet said.

In a Facebook post at 2 p.m., UCISD said that students have been evacuated to the Willie DeLeon Civic Center and that parents are now allowed to pick up their children there.

There is still a large law enforcement presence at the school and residents are asked to stay away from the campus. The rest of the district is secure, authorities said.

The San Antonio Police Department has sent resources to the school and is standing by to assist as further needed, Police Chief William McManus said.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/202...ed-at-uvalde-elementary-school-district-says/

12. SlyPokerDog

CNN now reporting 14 kids dead.

13. Chris Craig

So, he ran into the school after shooting someone, then shit a bunch of kids? Wtf?

14. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

We don’t even separate threads anymore about mass shootings. Not enough time. They just run into each other.

Chris Craig and SlyPokerDog like this.
  15. SlyPokerDog

16. calvin natt

calvin natt Confeve

Where were all the good old boys in TX with their big toys to stop this? Why aren’t we arming kids? That’s the most logical solution

17. SlyPokerDog

From 2015...

18. SlyPokerDog

19. SlyPokerDog

"Fervently praying"

20. SlyPokerDog