[Game 1] Kobe Bryant Being a Punk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by durvasa, May 5, 2009.

1. pakman22

pakman22 Aaron Brooks Baby!

Nobody said it was so... yeah.

Your gif clearly shows Kobe swinging elbow and just because you don't have the right camera angle to watch the elbow land doesn't mean it didn't happen. Its sufficient evidence, the elbow swings (we don't see the contact due to bad camera angle) then Artest flips out. No reason to doubt it.

2. pakman22

I'm saying its sufficient evidence to believe it occured. I don't understand how you can possibly believe it didn't occur and Artest is faking it. Nobody loses control such as he did because they didn't get a foul call on a fake. Really...

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    It shows a foul, no contact with the neck at all from that angle.

And in addition to that you're saying I'm dismissing "clear" things as a Kobe fan, which is clearly not the case.

4. huevonkiller

Student.
    I can believe it didn't occur because it doesn't show it in the image, as your peer has confirmed.

5. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Artest didn't shove his arm into Kobe's face. He had his arms up, and Kobe was under him. I don't know how they got in tangled in that position, but it could just as easily been created by Bryant as by Artest. Either way, it's not the same as Kobe Bryant overtly swinging his elbow into Artest.

6. pakman22

Don't say there's no contact with the neck at all if you can't see anyway. Its better to say "we dont know where the elbow landed."

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    Yeah he should have gotten a foul, the whole neck issue is another thing. I don't feel sorry for you guys I don't condone stupid Fisher fouls, or just losing your cool like Artest.

8. huevonkiller

Student.
    Fair enough.

9. pakman22

It doesn't show in the image. Would you like a cookie? Its easy to predict what the camera angle hides, and our player went nuts after it so... yeah. Something is definitely blinding you and you're being bias by believing it didn't occur. But that's ok, it doesn't really matter anyway I was just trying to get you to understand that its very predictable what happened although the camera angle hides it.

The diff is, I believe its sufficient evidence to say it occured. You believe it isn't sufficient. I believe I'm right because our player got ejected because it occured, otherwise... why would he?

10. huevonkiller

Student.
    So if it doesn't show it in the image, why are you on me about "these Kobe fans disregard clear things, its annoying"? It isn't clear at all actually, you're just taking a Houston player's word for it. Don't lecture to me about it.

11. pakman22

Because you keep ignoring me when I ask you: Why would Ron Artest go crazy over something that didn't occur? And you seem to have no logical answer. You're old enough to put the 2 puzzle pieces together, combine the video (the way Kobe's elbow went flying towards Artests neck) with what Artest said in his interview. It fits perfectly.

Kobe's elbow didn't suddenly stop in mid air 1/2 inch short of Artest, thats unlikely.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    How do you know his elbow was flying to Artest's neck? You're ignoring the fact that you can't tell, and your peer who has no ties to the Lakers can draw no evidence from this either.

Why was Artest mad? Because Kobe got away with a foul and Artest was called for one. After the game he said a lot of things that were hyped up, such as how fair he plays the game.

13. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

So you think Kobe got away with a foul? That would mean there was contact, and Kobe's swinging elbow connected.

So, now its just a matter of where it connected. In the neck area, or in the chest, or somewhere else. Either way, its a blatant foul, and a swinging elbow like that is arguably deserving of at least a flagrant-1 regardless of where it lands.

14. huevonkiller

Student.
    Go ahead and fine him. Not my cash. :]

15. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Right. And if the elbow connected above the shoulders, the rules are clear. Suspension. We'll see how the NBA rules it.

16. Umair1

Umair1 Clutchcity

Jamba Juice..lol
    It's crazy how some people try to defend Kobe simply because they just like him. I mean put Artest in that situation. Had Artest elbowed Bryant, what would be the outcome? Possibly suspension? It's funny how superstars are treated much differently.

17. huevonkiller

Student.
    I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread is biased, but my point in particular has nothing to do with who I like.

18. huevonkiller

Student.
    [​IMG]

That's the best gif I've seen of the issue, definitely looks like a body shot.

19. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I'm sure a better angle will show up with a frontal view of where Kobe's elbow actually landed. It looks like his forearm clipped Artest in the throat and jaw on the upswing, but it looks like his elbow got Artest in the sternum area. I think Artest was pissed he was called for the foul and also wanted to let Kobe know he's not going to back down from Kobe.

Artest shouldn't have received the 2nd Technical, but keep in mind who the referee was kicking him out of the game, Joey "quick whistle" Crawford. You don't mess with him or Steve Javie or you risk two quick whistles.

20. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Last edited: May 7, 2009